So why was Mercy's healing nerfed?

That’s the thing if dive were to come back wouldn’t they play Lucio+Zen? Interesting to note that in the streams I do watch even when dive is played it’s with Ana, a comp that is more suited to Mercy. Heck even in double sniper comps Ana is still played over Mercy, at least in what I watch.

Mercy hasn’t been as viable as Moira for 6+ months though

1 Like

To be fair, they did previously say that they thought Mercy was in a good spot a while back, then a few months later they nerfed her.

This game is constantly changing. Likewise, opinions on heroes change over time to fit.

2 Likes

It was nerfed due to “” TOO HUGE GAP BETWEEN HEALERS’ HEALING DONE""

Basically, Mercy and Moira were healing pretty much the same (Mercy slightly more) and there was Ana who was like 2 k behind.

This is what dev’s comment said. They didn’t say anything about 60 hps being op. It was really unnecessary nerf.

1 Like

When you need to nerf an hero, you can nerf what makes her/him strong or nerf something that has nothing to do with her/his problem. They went for the second option

1 Like

You may indeed

The ideas in the thread you are referring to are not ones I am personally pushing for - I honestly would prefer that Mercy remain as she is

That thread is essentially an offer of a compronise that may appeal to some of the anti-mercy factions.

Some, not all.

The forum member you named above wants mass rez to return - this is in essence specified in the forum membername. The compromise being discussed in the dodo rework thread is not designed to appeal to those who want mass rez returned to Mercy.

so, I wouldnt personally say the goals are similar…

True, I would have preferred a nerf for res than her healing.

1 Like

because it was too good for how “hard” it was to use

let’s call it balance reasons

Not with that 50 hps she’s not

5 Likes

I wouldn’t be mad if Mercy stayed the same. But I’d like 60 hps back at least.

1 Like

I respectfully disagree

I strongly suggest you watch some player-made videos of GM level Mercy play

To give her a downside which being bad as healing heavy tank comp so people will switch to moira or ana.

Damage boost used to be a critical part of my playstyle, but now with the healing nerf, I can almost never find time to use it

2 Likes

One of the best times to use it is when your current target is fully healed and you’re looking for the next teammate to fly to

With how slow her healing has become, that situation has become quite rare. Most of the time I’m flying all over the place trying to make sure people don’t die.

1 Like

To be fair, yes, people hated moth meta, but at least there were DPS and interesting sniper plays. Once Mercy lost all the resses, it started transforming into different DPS, but there were DPS… xD

How is Moira not viable?

1 Like

If Mercy isn’t, Moira is even less is what I said. Context.

Moira is rarely used in the top ranks. Even at my rank people don’t want her because she lacks utility.

Moira lack utility thats why shes less viable in higher rank.

Out experiences vary - I am regularly able to heal targets to full, and with Mercy, you have the convenience of being able to do so without facing the target, unlike the other two main healers - a convenience that helps enable use of GA

1 Like