So, why exactly are golden guns competitive-exclusive?

Because blizzard likes to make mistakes that even indy game companies know to avoid.

1 Like

Me too. I don’t play comp often, it makes me tilted and bored of this game. I usually play QPC, QP and some arcade. I don’t like 222 comp, because I can’t switch and in open comp ppl see only dps so I have to play healer, while I can play healer in 222 locked. I would like to play dps competitively, but 15 minutes queue + random smurf/leaver/cheater/newbie/thrower on team greatly demotivates me from doing

You need to give players incentive for playing your game competitively.
it doesn’t matter that a group of randoms who only play QP understand, but you do need incentives.
League offers icons, borders, SKINS exclusively for playing ranked.
Wanna get it? Take your time and win.
Others did.

1 Like

I play comp because usually people at least try to play the game properly there. I haven’t played a single game just for those points and even though I have bought about 15 golden guns so far, most of them are so ugly I don’t even equip them.

Except for Zen’s golden balls, those are glorious.

1 Like

It’s compensation for playing long matches with bad matchmaking and incredibly bad tank balance. If you won that hell, you deserve a reward

I agree they have this mentality. They are diehards when you mention golden weapons.
I asked some time ago to increase the points, but I received no intelligible answers:

I’ll start playing OQ-only as soon as the Genji nerfs are applied.
The current system only rewards end-of-season rewards. Kinda lame.

that was gone by s3 and not really an actual argument since you didn’t earn them specific to a hero, you could buy whatever guns you wanted on a hero.

They’re not exclusive skins. You get them by PLAYING the game. Exclusives are thing you can only get only or something that is very hard and complicated to get. Playing comp isn’t hard.

Not if you’re bronze silver or gold lmao, you get like none for those ranks.

Coming from someone who doesn’t like comp, I think gold guns are extremely important for competitive.

Lol, I do my placements on my 3rd account and then I forget about the account for the rest of the season. Get 3x diamond rewards. So much time and effort playing placements.

3 Likes

Yep, game should have hero levels and you can’t buy a golden gun for a hero unless your max level with them. Than it would be prestigious, not that you grinded 10 hours on completely different heroes.

Most people hate comp because the environment has no integrity, there is questionable algorithms and winning and losing seem out of your control due to random teammates. It is possibly THE worst experience in all of online gaming…but feel free to show me one worse. The environment allows games to continue with uneven teams? WTF is competitive about that? After 4 years there is no better solution than to just let it play out?

Also adding to the smurf problems, it is easier to de-rank and get gold guns quicker because you will win more games and throw afk or let little brother waste his time bringing your account down again. One of the big reasons why I think gold guns should be removed from comp. The people interested in playing comp for rank will still play it, the nonsense may leave with gold guns.

1 Like

Newsflash- No one gives a da*n your gun shines a bit. The games been out for 4 years. Gold guns don’t mean what they meant when the game was new and not everyone had 200 hours in competitive

Unless you get gm in all roles+ oq you aren’t getting one for only placements

What if you only won because MM threw 2 random derankers on the other team?? Did you earn that??

Finally an intelligent opinion here.

i dont understand why people dont open lootboxes anymore… the loot is already fix what you get when you earn the box, this doesnt change so saving boxes for later events doesnt makes any sense

Just play Comp and don’t care about Sr or what rank you are and when you get 3k cp then just don’t play comp anymore , That’s what i did

1 Like

The leaver situation in qp is already horrible. If someone is on a losing team and is grinding points, the whole team is just going to leave