So why do we still have private profiles exactly?

If you know why they were implemented…

you should know why they’re still available.

Personally I think privacy setting should be at max by default (for all the things you sign up for) as a general rule of thumb and you enable what your down with other people seeing.

The reason why they default to private is to stop the “oh that guys set his profile to private to hide x”. This is easily dismissed by “I can’t be bothered changing the settings, now just focus on your own game”.

If you mean public profiles fair enough, but I quite like the idea of being able to see your stats and others if they want to.

Tbh I don’t think they go far enough with the data they provide. I’d like to be able to checkout my stats on a specific day/time/when grouped with diff friends/etc. I’d also like to bring make the “mouse over name to see 5 heroes” thing BUT make it good where you can show whatever heroes you like+data. Ie if playing tank give a set of preferred tanks you like to play and also preferred Tank/Damage/Support partners, chuck in some quick stats like win percentage (I think the Sombras who actually know how to play their hero and win would like this most) accuracy blardeblarfhdblah.

I really don’t know why you NEED to know what other people play. You could always just kindly ask them;

“Hey who do you prefer to play?”

Rather than heading into their profile and harassing them to play someone they have a lot of time with.

Lot of hours does not equal skill.

2 Likes

I just wait 20~ seconds. If they don’t choose by then, I assume they are also flexible and I’ll choose what I feel works best with current tank/dps picks and the map.

Threads like this prove why this feature will always be in effect.

This was done. And here we are.

1 Like

2019 almost 2020…why do we still have people complaining about private profiles?

1 Like

Deion Sanders. And he was a professional football/baseball player. All players of OW are not being paid to play the game, and those that are get a lot less money than an NFL player.

2 Likes

you can’t play a gus maker tournament behind a curtain

they don’t tell little league parents not to watch the games

sports are made to be played and WATCHED

private sporting events gives me the hibbie jibbies

Harass is one thing. Trying to get a winning team comp in a competitive scenario is another.

I mean if I have someone with only 7 hours on Zen playing him, in the current meta; a support main thats trying out tank and costs us the game, because it has no experience; a lower ranked player; a player boosted by (hero); player boosted by smurfs, then you bet they’ll take the blame for the loss. (if we lose).

It was a simple fact.

“WTF are you queueing damage your top played character is Ana!!!”

^^ This is why.

So you’re admitting you want it to blame and harass someone? Or just to make yourself feel better about losing?

You can review the gameplay, you can see where the weak link was, you don’t need direct access to numbers that may or may not truly reflect someones experience and capability with a character.

ok.

why what has changed?

Overwatch isn’t a sport. It’s a video game. Played by nerds in their bedrooms.

1 Like

Overwatch is a sport. Played by cool people in their living rooms.

1 Like

It’s not though, but even if it was, your analogy still sucks.

I’m like, a really smart dude and everything, so I’m probably right.

I’m smarter and righter.

is chess a sport? is poker a sport?

Nope. Neither of those are sports.