So why do we still have private profiles exactly?

I know why they were implemented, but there really isn’t a reason to keep them and imo they NEVER should have defaulted to private, because anyone who started after that change and doesn’t even know it happened wouldn’t know to make themselves public in the first place. Idk how such a glaring design flaw went unnoticed by Blizzard- ohhhhh nevermind. It makes sense now.

27 Likes

They value their privacy and don’t like getting flamed for their hero choices before the game starts
You would be forced to only play your main

This I agree, it should be defaulted to public and changed later if needed

13 Likes

One of my buddies uses profiles to harass and interrogate people on their stats and such to control the team comp.

Its so toxic. And i totally get why private profiles exist.

43 Likes

I prefer when overbuff is broken.

4 Likes

I wanna be able to queue for DPS without being trash talked the whole game for being a Mercy main. My DPS rank is 200 sr higher, and Overbuff said I was #102 Sym, but you know what? That doesn’t matter, because I play Mercy.

6 Likes

I remember it was an issue when Mercy was so meta that if you didn’t have one and she was in your most played heroes, you’d get flamed and reported. But I don’t think that’s as much of an issue now. The least they could do is revert the forced private feature

I prefer making posts on here without people using rank as their only argument for why i’m wrong :blush:

12 Likes

to op: I greatly prefer private (or private + friends) profile for multiple reasons

2 Likes

Only reason I ever check profiles is to get an idea of what the second healer prefers to play, since I can pretty much play any support.

6 Likes

If they don’t default to private, people with private profiles get flamed for going out of their way to make it private. “Clearly you’re trying to hide that you’re a Mercy one trick trying Widowmaker”, for example.

4 Likes

I think we all need to realize that it doesn’t matter in the end.
People will always find an excuse to be toxic to others, private profiles or not.

1 Like

Yes but the less ammunition you can give them to use against you, the better

7 Likes

How does one hides bad matchmaking otherwise?

1 Like

Then why dignify stupid players like that with a response? Checking a profile to see what someone is proficient in is important info the team might be able to make use of. Turning it off can have uses but honestly there at lots of times I really wanna see a profile without any ill will and I can’t. It sucks. Yeah you’re protected from toxic people but you’re also depriving your teams of any info about you other than your initial character pick

Game is as toxic as before tho, or mayby even worse.

My profile is not private and diamond/plat border players call me hard stuck gold when it goes bad…

Not for Mercy specifically but it still has toxicity. But there isn’t a must pick of the same magnitude as Mercy was when this was added. I think people are still scared of the past but people will be toxic to you whether they see your stats or not.

Yea, but at least they lost ability to tell others what to play base on their play time, what was still hapening with supports.

I didnt had that problem, because if it goes to tanks, no one care if you even touch tank with a stick, they just want you to play meta no matter how bad you are with it, and how many hours you have

Why is your profile private?

Iono…what are you looking for?

2 Likes

Just to point it out, overbuff is irrelevant now because of private profiles. I am sure youre a good sym though.

I keep my profile open. If someone is toxic, theyll be toxic about something else if they cant view my stats.