So, why did you stop using the forums

I thought this could be a fun post considering that I’m doing my weekly check in of the ovewatch forums.

I used to use the forums NON STOP a year or two ago, like I literally averaged upwards of 2-3 hours a day on the forums. Now I maybe look at it once a week.

Personally, there’s barely any new posts to look at, seriously, a year ago the top posts on the front page would usually have 200-400 replies, now the top posts have 50-100 replies… the forums kinda died out. It also sure doesn’t help that there’s been practically no new content for a year or two now, nothing to talk about.

19 Likes

I still check the forums non stop :weary:

16 Likes

Well, I did for about a month in August, because I was upset or seemed like Devs were deliberately not addressing Tank issues with OW2 supposedly coming out early 2021.

But generally I still post, but I just don’t play much at all anymore.

3 Likes

Too busy playing Apex.

5 Likes

i either post here or the world of warcraft forums but its more fun here. over there everyone is complaining about the horde vs horde faction battles for pvp to reduce queue times (for classic)

yeah me too actually.

I have NO IDEA what they did to apex but I love it now. I HATED apex when it first came out, but now I absolutely love it. I have tons of fun as long as I don’t have to play against bloodhound.

1 Like

I just come here to be a snarky mofo.

7 Likes

I use it less than I used to because it’s almost all complaints and Blizzard/devs/OWL bashing now. Seems like most of the people here genuinely don’t like the game anymore but don’t know that other games exist that they’re allowed to go play instead. There are plenty of games I don’t like. I also don’t go those games’ forums to tell them about it.

1 Like

I didn’t… but I slowed down a bit, simply because life got busier. I had a few months not too long ago where I basically had zero free time, and now that I have a little bit more, I’m spending it in a wider variety of places.

I guess I also post a bit less than I used to because I’m spending a lot more time actually playing and enjoying the game now instead of talking about what it would take to make it enjoyable again (after introducing Brigitte, role lock, etc.).

Stopped playing, then came back, then most discussion moved to discords, and also forced to stop playing for a bit, now back

There’s legit like nothing to discuss here. Many of the threads on the these forums are just the same with different wording. The main reason is it’s just toxic here. There really is no discussion on the forums. Just back and forth arguments while subtley insulting. I rarely even participate in threads nowadays. And I log on to these forums literally every day

15 Likes

I’d say there wouldn’t be so much of that if there was actually anything else worth talking about in this game.

Yeah, probably so. People who are happy with the game probably just play the game. Unhappy people are the most vocal and if they’re unhappy now, they’ll probably stay that way until they get new content or something.

Forums took up too much of my time. Plus, I stopped playing after tanks got heftily nerfed. Returned to the game recently, but not playing as often.

Having one really popular post was a dangerous hook. It’s nice to see how the community opinion changes as the game develops, but you don’t need to hop on often to see the trends.

1 Like

Got annoyed with the forums. Took a break for a good while. And now I’m back. Place is as same as ever but I’m less annoyed now.

1 Like

I still check the forums a lot but I don’t blame you for not being that interested anymore. There’s not that much balance/content to discuss. We get the decent skin here and there but that hype dies down after a day or two.

I feel your pain. That OW2 PvP stream was very disappointing. 5v5 is such a major announcement and they showed gameplay when half the tanks got zero changes, not to mention no reworks for any other heroes that would make solo tanking problematic. That’s the main thing that made me skeptical about 5v5 working because If the devs actually think what they showed in that stream was good…then things could get ugly :worried:

I’ve quit the forums twice, once I didn’t come back for months after I got sick of everyone trash talking on Moira, but here I am back again, loving the forums a lot more as it’s not filled with 10 Moira threads on the front page lmao

4 Likes

Oh hoi titanium, wassup

Playing sisters of parvos update or working.

Sorry to say I was kinda part of that Moira hate train :smiling_imp:. Not really though. With every nerf I asked for I also gave compensation buffs. But blizzard went ahead and added the nerfs I suggested before but none of the buffs :sob: