So, why did you stop using the forums

A lot of my old friends left the forum but I still use it frequently

I remember :japanese_goblin:
And I was extremely surprised when you became a Moira player in support lol

Have to admit… I thought you were trolling when you claimed to be a Moira player much later lol. No joke, I was like “this guy can’t be serious there is NO WAY they are a Moira player I remember all that stuff they used to say”

4 Likes

I still enjoy playing Moira. Although I still wish they would up her primary dmg a bit to compensate for the smaller attach angel.

I still glance at the forums more than once a day, but I don’t stick around for long and I hardly reply anymore. Haven’t made a thread in… I don’t even know how long it’s been.

The place has started losing regulars and now it’s getting more trolls and people not looking for civilized discussion.auen I’ll leave one day, too. Still undecided.

1 Like

maybe instead of dmg increase revert of part revert of LS lol

True, I think the main reason for it is they’re quitting for other games

3 Likes

This was why I loved there being a new patch every 3 weeks.
Now there isn’t IT SUCKS SO MUCH.
There was always something to talk about and discuss and now the forums just rely on people coming up with their own ideas if you wanna talk balance at all.

I haven’t been using these forums a year yet though. Actually maybe only just. I’m not sure.

1 Like

I mean, like usual, you got me trying to smack the devs over the head with “Hey, this is how you fix your game”.

I.e. When I kept spamming the importance of a 2 Healer maximum months before GOATs went into full swing, or how the could use server-side variables to balance patch their game way faster and bypass console recertification.

1 Like

Yeah… but the combination of one balance patch a month at best, stagnant metas, the lack of new heroes, maps, game modes, etc (we obviously know why but it hurts the player count still) are really killing the player count. The game feels stale and it’s gonna feel that way until Overwatch 2 releases in…? Oh, yeah. We don’t know when that will be.

1 Like
  1. The posts that needs attention don’t get it and the other way around. These forums should be about the game and yet when someone talks about real balancing issue or new hero concepts it’s being ignored while random posts that repeat themselves without a real connection to gameplay get all the attention… If I wanted to talk about random subjects I would have gone to any real social media… Not a forums about a video game.
  2. No real new content, much less to discus about. There’s a limit to how much I can write about the same game, with the same maps, same heroes and same situation.
  3. The generality of the game… The game tries to make every part of the possible player base happy making it problematic to even speak about the game as different people hope for the game to follow a totally different path making it problematic to discuss about subjects.
  4. The balancing of the game is overall pretty terrible… I admit the last 2 or 3 patches were really good but when I see their plans for ow2, I just struggle to enjoy the game knowing well what will happen soon…
  5. Lack of people and developers in the forums… At first it’s nice to write here but when you speak always to the same people and the people who made this game and should be an active part of the forums aren’t even here… Why bother? No one that can do anything listens and the ones that always answer from the community are the same people I already know their opinions on the current subjects when combining points 2+3…

Overall I would just conclude and say this place is just dry… Noting new and no excitement anymore.

It’s a shame, I used to like writing here but now… I just don’t know why bothering.

1 Like

Yeah, Bloodhound can be pretty annoying to play against. My random teammates are often more annoying to play with, though.

1 Like

Gaming forums in general are dying out. They are just not a good place for fan discussions anymore, instead acting as a compliant board.

There is even a new trend of disbanding a game’s forum in favor of Discord or Reddit.

• Because nothing new has been added to the game.
  • Topics are repetitive.
  • Echo chambers

:yawning_face:

4 Likes

i lurk nowadays lol. 2020 i was super active but now its just :skull:

1 Like

forums > game :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Oh hey. Long time no see.

Most discussions are speculation, balance, or some random topic. Not much to discuss nowadays…

1 Like

I started playing FFXIV and going through the Genshin Impact (and now also FFXIV) subreddit(s) is more interesting and less straining on my sanity.

1 Like

I was having fun for a while, similarly spending at least an hour a day reading on all the nonsense, but the forums, as I’ve come to realize over the past year or so, are a place where angry players come to vent, and angry and stupid players come to make a donkey of themselves. It’s just not quite as entertaining anymore reading the same kind of posts over and over. There’s a lot of great forumers, but not enough to create a great forum. There’s just too much negativity, and joining the forums was probably the worst thing I ever did for Overwatch. Suddenly I’m thinking of what the meta is, and how my favorite hero is apparently trash, even though she’s got my highest win percentage. And don’t even get me started on the fallout anytime Pride or anything remotely related to the lgbt community come up. Suddenly it’s getting flagged for trolling or spam, meanwhile actual trolls and spammers with no manners have their posts left alone

The legendary Mercy main returns, I missed ya

I’ve been lurking around occasionally. Just not very active.

1 Like