So, when is this performance patch?

This is what I’m saying. Why does a midrange card get better FPS than a pretty high end card? If this was a RAM problem I’d get the same FPS with the 1050ti.

The problem might very well be OW itself.

edit, I just noticed you’re also streaming. That introduces new variables that I know nothing about pertaining to software, obs, etc.

This guy has very similar pc, Same problems.

I wish I could help more… Good luck

It isn’t just with OBS, it’s any time.

I run at Epic settings, 1440p, the game takes about 3.7 GB of memory… not sure where people keep getting this 16 GB RAM number from. Even the system requirements minimum are 4 GB, recommended are 6 GB…

lol, love these guys who ask for help and then shoot down every possible suggestion “it’s not that”

well here’s my suggestion

fix it the best way you know how, obviously you know more than the people you’re asking for help

edit: god dammit, replied to a necro’d thread… jebaited

1 Like

Irrelevant and was a dumb thing the industry did. Confers no real tangible benefits.

I have the exact same GPU and have the same FPS. I’m not really expecting better from the 1070, it is not the 1070ti. I am also running win7pro not win 10. I run everything on low with 75% render scale.

OBS will knock between 5-20 fps off.

https://www.twitch.tv/cultofzal/videos/all

Pick any video, I run the fps counter in the top left.

1 Like

Something in your system is throttling. Could it be heat? Have you dusted it out lately? Is your system clean? Ie: no viruses/malware. Are your graphics drivers up to date? That single ram stick might also be a problem.

It’s not a problem. single or dual channel makes absolutely no difference for gaming.

1 Like

So you would rather cut your data throughput to your RAM by half? Dual channel means you can double the speed at which you can read/write to RAM.

Dual channel RAM is simply faster than single channel RAM. In short, single Channel RAM operates on a single 64-bit data channel. Meaning it has 64bits to use at one time. Dual Channel RAM can operate up two 64-bit data channels, doubling it’s POTENTIAL speed. Now the channels are not separate or independent, so please keep that in mind.

Dual Channel likely will not show any huge difference in gaming or things of that nature, BUT for rendering, compiling, and encoding there’s a dramatic advantage.

But generally speaking, there will be advantages to using dual channel RAM over single channel. Even if you’re going to want to use dual-channel. Besides, performing even 10% better is still “better”.

You realize that it’s your CPU that wants the dual channel right? If your MB is designed for it then you should have it. You’re not saving any money by going single channel, you’re only saving an extremely tiny bit of electricity. I’d really be interested to know the exact make and model if your CPU and MB.

This is the exact thing under discussion. Single or dual channel memory modes are not going to impact frame rates.

2 Likes

My point is that it could impact other parts of the system because how crappy Windows is. OW still relies heavily on CPU and if the system is getting bogged down by other stuff due to slow read/write to RAM then it will slow down the CPU and also cause the game to preform worse.

It still boggles my mind why anyone would even bother with single channel RAM in a PC. Outside of specialized setup, say for a firewall only system or mass storage NAS, single channel is over all a worse way to go and you’re not saving any money.

Either way, it’s not the game. I have a friend on a 980 still and gets better at low settings. It’s something with OP’s system. Hell maybe his OW render scale got set to 200% without him knowing.

I’m getting the exact same framerates with the exact same video card and low settings for the rest. 75% render scale and also running the same streaming software. 8gb ram, 2nd gen i5.

Sounding more like an 1070 hardware and/or drivers problem.

I haven’t had any noticeable changes with my 1080.

How about running the game at a lower quality? The game can’t run 16x AA at high graphical settings and not take a hit in FPS performance :man_shrugging:.

I’ve got a 960 2gb, I’m getting 170 FPS regularly at medium settings, no reflections, no fog, 4x AA and the game still looks good.

Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.

Also as per the first response, get another stick of RAM. While some mobos support single channel ram, dual channel is not only preferential but in most cases is optimal.

Eh, I’m not complaining, this is the performance I’m expecting from a regular 1070 on low settings.

It’s running as low as possible.

It’s 100% the RAM.

I got a 8600k (at 4.6 GHz) with 16GB 3200MHz CL14 Dual Channel and a GTX 1070 Ti. When I remove a RAM stick I lose around 80-100 FPS from my ~230.

Overwatch mostly requires a fast CPU and fast RAM to fill the CPU with data. The GPU almost has no impact as long as it’s not something freaking old like a 8800gt (and play on minimum settings).

Many people have problems with fps, me included.
It’s not your card the problem, it’s some patch of Overwatch.
Example: i always run chrome + Overwatch at the same time (With OW settings pretty high). Now it’s impossible to do. And this happens only with Overwatch.
OW needs a fix patch. Something went wrong

There are threads about it in Technical part of the forum

2 Likes

I have a single stick, 8gb and the game runs at 250-300fps (except for the awful lag spikes that the latest patch brought).

It’s definitely not the ram.

The only way you have 250 with single channel ram is in the spawn room or training area. Prove me wrong.

Its the mousepad, its incompatible with the newest nvidia drivers.

But seriousl, if ya got performance issues dont write all this nonsense.
Its GPU, CPU, RAM. Everything else is kinda irrelevant.
Seems like someone wants to shove his setup down our throat? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My performance in OW is better with a 1060 then your 1070 so you either have faulty drivers or Bad Hardware

Check for errors, benchmark&compare to same Hardware if its suspiciously low performance, Patch&update every driver (sometimes go back a Version), reinstall, upgrade your Hardware , repeat. The cycle of missing performance :wink: