So, when is this performance patch?

Seriously. 110 FPS on a 1070 and i7 7700k? At low?

Full system specs from my Steam PFP:

CPU - i7 7700k 4.20 GHz
GPU - Zotac GeForce GTX 1070
RAM - ADATA 1x 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz
MoBo - MSI B150M Pro-D
Hard drive - WD Blue 3TB
Video Drive - WD Blue 1TB
SSD - SanDisk 120 GB
PSU - Corsair CX550M 550W
Keyboard -Razer BlackWidow Chroma
Mouse - Logitech G502
Mousepad - Razer Goliathus Overwatch edition
Headphones - Razer Manowar Overwatch edition
Monitor 1 - LG24GN79G-B 24 inch 1920x1080 144hz
Monitor 2 HP S2031 1600x900 60hz
VR headset - HTC Vive
Lighthouse stands - Fovitec 7’ 6’’ VR gaming lighthouse mount stand kit

I’ve created one of these threads about a month or maybe even longer, and this still hasn’t been fixed. Seriously?

Bro you’re using a SINGLE stick of ram? You need more end of story. That’s your problem/

5 Likes

RAM isn’t the problem. The game isn’t utilizing the full power of my GPU, and it sits around 70% usage usually. In combat it’s usually sitting around 50%.

1 Like

Upgrade that power supply m8. I run a 750w 80+ gold with a 1060. But I do plan on getting the 1080ti very soon. I don’t think that’ll fix your issue but you might be underpowered!

It isn’t power either. During gameplay in VR, it’s fine. Ultra on games is no problem at 1080p and sometimes even 1440p.

Power supplies are getting to be less and less of a problem. The hardware you have in youre computer is using less and less voltage. The only time you need a power supply like yours, is when you have duel graphics cards and are also OCING. If its under powered itll also just straight up shut off.

4 Likes

Yeah, because you have a ram bottleneck. Games dont only run off CPU and GPU power, if your ram is slow which in your case it is because it’s single channel, then your game will slow way down. You need dual/quad channel and at least 16gb. Overwatch, some chrome tabs, and Discord eats up nearly 8gb in my experience.

2 Likes

Overwatch Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Intel Core i3 or equivalent.
Memory: 4GB RAM.
Hard Drive: 5GB space on a 7,200 RPM drive, or better.
Graphics: GeForce GTX 460.
"Memory: 4GB RAM."

Still doesn’t explain why I got better FPS with a 1050TI.

Overwatch runs better than TF2 on my computer. I’m not complaining about performance anytime soon.

Yeah bud, those are MINIMUMS, you’re getting 110fps so you’re not the target demographic for those specs.

The reason you get better fps with a 1050 is because your CPU is carrying your CPU at that point. Overwatch is more CPU intensive than it is GPU intensive.

You can either argue with me or buy some new ram and enjoy your FPS. I’m not going to waste my time if you’re just going to pretend to know more. Don’t ask for help if you’re going to be a know-it-all anyway.

7 Likes

I have a 1080, I7 and 16 gbs of ram. 2 patches ago when I got the computer I would be running on a steady 280 fps and itd just stay at 300 in a custom game. The last 2 patches have dropped my frames by 80 and its at 230 in customs games. There are some serious problems with optimization right now.

1 Like

Still doesn’t explain why I got better FPS with an i5 6400 and a 1050ti. Heck, I even got better FPS with a 950.

It better, TF2 uses a much bulkier engine and has more players and variables, as well as more interactive physics. It shouldn’t even be close.

I’d take you’re advice if you weren’t being an egotistical a$$ hat.

For anyone wondering, heres my original post.

Overwatch is pretty optimized compared to most modern games, even on the front of cpu and ram bottlenecks. But im not gonna complain if blizzard throws a few more fps my way.

you need minimum of 16gig of ram, all your background tasks would be chewing up your ram performance and bottlenecking by creating pagefiles.

1 Like

Closing everyting does nothing. It isn’t RAM.

I keep 144fps and my system isn’t anywhere near as good except for GPU which is 1080.

Also if you really do have 1 stick of RAM then you’re doing it wrong. Unless it’s a really crappy weird motherboard, they are all dual or triple channel RAM which requires them to be in pairs.

Windows when everything is closed down required 1.5 gig of ram space at bare minimum, Overwatch at minimum settings needs 4 gig of ram space and 700-800 Vram.

You are overworking your ram. and forcing your system to creating continous page files to keep up.