So, when is this performance patch?

speaking as someone on the low end of the spectrum, I haven’t seen any changes in performance in the last year that I’ve been playing. The only thing I’ve seen is the introduction of first match lag, my 25 fps drops as low as 5 fps for about the first 5 minutes after logging. Doesn’t matter what I do during that 5 minutes, I could tab over and do something in my browser, after 5 minutes the lag goes away and I go back to my normal 25 fps.

And that would equal 5.5GB of RAM being used up. With four Chrome tabs, Bnet, Discord, Steam, and Task Manager open, I only use 50% of RAM in my system. I’m not taking into account background tasks:
Razer GameScannerService, Java Update Scheduler, Nvidia ShadowPlay and drivers, Razer Chroma, RTSS (MSI Afterburner PC stat server), and Viveport all running on my PC at once, only using 50% of RAM.

Buying a GPU to expect more FPS and getting worse FPS is something I can “complain” about.

As I said, it’s not a PC issue. I wouldn’t get better FPS with a 1050ti and the same stick of RAM if that was actually the issue.

You know, it is possible that your new video card could be defective. It has happened to people before.

The fact that I have an i5-4670, 16 gigs of dual channel RAM and a GeFroce 1080 and can keep a steady 144fps says something isn’t right with your setup.

Though when a lot of people have the same issue, it begs the question. Is it really the GPU? Benchmarks are on par with a normal 1070, but probably a bit worse than a card by MSI or ASUS, as it is a Zotac Mini card.

I also used to be on the lower end of the spectrum, I played on a laptop at one point and started at about 80 frames in a team fight. Then once some of the patches started to hit, it was going down to about 50 or 60. Stayed there for awhile, then went down to 40-45. After I got my older desktop back, the performance was worse than it was before those patches. Which leads me to believe that the frames are gonna keep dropping. Maybe you’ve just been lucky, but all my friends complain about it, and multiple forum users complain about it.

Hello shad, have you done any particular troubleshooting yet?

These standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:

Did all of that, thanks for the help though! Great to see people that help without trying to argue!

Unigine Superposition score:
FPS: Min - 22.96 Avg - 27.77 Max - 31.31
GPU temp - Min - 43c Max - 72c
GPU Utilization - Max 100%
I should add the settings - 1080p Extreme

Unigine Heaven 4.0 Scores
FPS (Avg) - 96.4
Score - 2430
Min FPS - 34.0
Max FPS - 203.8
Renderer - Dx11
Res - 1080p 8xAA FS
Preset - Custom
Quality - Ultra
Tessellation - Extreme

Unigine Valley 1.0 Score
FPS - 95.9
Score - 4011
Min FPS - 40.2
Max FPS - 193.7
Renderer - Dx11
Mode - 1920x1080 8x AA FS
Preset - Extreme HD
If you want me to run a certain benchmark on my system, I am open to requests!

Another idea is to try and revert Windows to a build before the April’s Creator’s Update. Be advised, that this may end up cause more problems than before with Overwatch or other games you may have. Officially, it is recommend to keep the OS up to date, but I have seen reports reverting does restore FPS rates on some machines. Proceed at your own risk if you do.

Thing is, I reinstalled my OS after the April Creators Update, and I don’t know of a (safe) way to get any version before that onto my system, and my Windows install drive also has said version on it.

Also: I am editing my above post with Unigine Heaven scores, and will proceed to test with Unigine Valley.

Ah shame, yeah, unless you have a fallback build in your Windows Recovery, it can’t be done.

Edited my above post with Unigine Valley scores if anyone is interested.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a fallback build of Windows.

“I don’t think that’ll fix your issue but you might be underpowered!”

It was a suggestion.

Your scores look pretty good, Especially with extreme tesselation enabled and 8XAA

How is your rig performing in other games?

It’s performing good, apart from OBS messing with FPS in Beat Saber. I get 70+ FPS in Subnautica with ReShade and High settings, so that’s good. I get a bit of microstutter with Nvidia FleX on it’s highest settings in Killing Floor 2, great FPS in Besiege on max settings (Approx 300FPS Max in the sandbox with no machines), and I can test more games if you want.

Edit - Just tested Far Cry 5,

46 FPS Min, 55 Avg FPS, 65 Max FPS

Settings - Max w 1.5 Render scale @ 1080p

Your setup is far better than mine, I use a i7 4790 @ 3.6ghz and a 1050ti overclocked, and I get max 180fps and 160 on lowest. All low settings RC 100%

This is what I’m saying. Why does a midrange card get better FPS than a pretty high end card? If this was a RAM problem I’d get the same FPS with the 1050ti.

The problem might very well be OW itself.

edit, I just noticed you’re also streaming. That introduces new variables that I know nothing about pertaining to software, obs, etc.

This guy has very similar pc, Same problems.

I wish I could help more… Good luck

It isn’t just with OBS, it’s any time.

I run at Epic settings, 1440p, the game takes about 3.7 GB of memory… not sure where people keep getting this 16 GB RAM number from. Even the system requirements minimum are 4 GB, recommended are 6 GB…

lol, love these guys who ask for help and then shoot down every possible suggestion “it’s not that”

well here’s my suggestion

fix it the best way you know how, obviously you know more than the people you’re asking for help

edit: god dammit, replied to a necro’d thread… jebaited

1 Like