So when is the granny gonna get changed

Kinda tired of seeing her in every game
Because she’s a support it’s sometimes difficult to see her powerlevel but she’s literally at the top of every rank right now

Would like to see her healing get toned down a little either by decreasing the anti nade percentage on teammates or just on her gun

10 Likes

Nahhh.

When is Bap going to get a nerf.

Ana is balanced, Bap is not :slight_smile:

14 Likes

The only nerf I think she needs is not disabling 100% of healing

7 Likes

I agree Baptiste needs a nerf and a heavy one at that but I don’t quite understand how she’s balanced when she can keep people alive so reliably (especially tanks) with nade and spamming left click on them denying some ultimates

But she also has 0 mobility and she’s stationary.

It’s a trade-off.

12 Likes

She makes up for that by her small and very weird hitbox. Considering she plays in her backline anyway she usually has peel from her (probably) Baptiste

7 Likes

Healing is unlikely to change, but rather, the issue is that her kit contains a lot of utility and effects that most the cast don’t really have. While a handful of heroes can get boost in healing or damage, no one really has the effect of Biotic grenades debuffs, or has similar abilities on much longer cooldowns.

And that’s the basic issue, Ana just has too much stuff tied into a fairly short cooldown. You could remove half the effects of Biotic Grenade and still maintain a very competitive character choice.

8 Likes

Well to be honest with you, an ability that powerful should be at least on a 20 second cooldown but they don’t wanna do that so it’s better to think of something else

2 Likes

Classic assumption that pick rate = power level, even though that isn’t true 100% of the time. If this is true, Pharah and Echo would be the top of the DPS pick rates.

4 Likes

I imagine in OW2, OP.

1 Like

Idk, a character with long range, strong healing and a nade that is stronger than most ults on like an 8 second cd… don’t get me wrong I think she’s well designed and fun, but… something doesn’t feel right about that

11 Likes

Have anyone actually tried to pressure her? Her values dropped to almost zero if she has to deal with diver, even if you dont confirm the kill on her.

4 Likes

It was just a reference point, I would know how powerful she is cause she’s in every damn game I play on both sides

let’s hope so honestly

Dive her and you will get slept and likely killed by her peel :slight_smile:

3 Likes

IIRC, they said they were toying with lower healing for Ana’s gun, but increased damage?

But I wouldn’t be surprised if solo-tanks are given a role passive that lets them shake off CC and debuffs faster.

More dmg for less healing is a fair tradeoff imo
but yeah if she stays the same as she is right now especially her nade then playing a hero like Roadhog in OW2 will be actively throwing

2 Likes

Every diver has speed, defensive abilities to outplay sleepdart, unless you are playing Road Hog and run at her in a straight line.

1 Like

Sleep should be 4 seconds OR wake up should be instant.

Anti should DEFINITELY not be -100% healing. 50% seems fair–even if the duration has to change.

She’s way too capable a hero, imo.

4 Likes

Well the ability itself contains about four different effects. It deals damage, it heals, it boosts healing and it negates healing. If you took two of those effects, you wouldn’t really need the cooldown to be so long for it, but since you’re taking four effects and it is possible to have all four effects activate at once, it gets to feel a little strong.

And that’s not even including issues like aiming the ability to maximize it’s effectiveness, or the fact that Ana kinda needs that healing boost and effect to maintain competitiveness with the rest of the Support cast in terms of healing.

So yeah, I can see the idea of pushing it to 20 seconds, but that can harm Ana when it comes to healing and she needs to remain competitive in that aspect. The other two effects just complicate that issue.

You could just have two effects and keep the cooldown as is, and move two of the other effects away to another Support and that’d address the issue, full-stop. Ana would still be competitive regardless, because Nanoboost and Sleep are still powerful options. But right now, everyone brings Ana and then supplements Ana with additional Support elements as needed (such as immortality, or damage boost, speed or armor as needed). Right now, Immortality is king of the mountain; but that’s a separate issue entirely.

She’s balanced out by the fact that she has very limited and hard to hit self peel, unlike the other main healers.
The reason Ana is somewhat strong and playable right now is that heroes like Bap Brig, and Cree have so much peel that it makes Ana’s weakness almost completely moot. Address peel heroes being soooo soooo strong, and you’ll see heroes like Ana that require it drop in value when flank, and dive heroes are playable (and able to get kills from duels) more often.

Through the games history when dive was played Ana was one of the worst support picks because she got collapsed on. Then heroes like Brig and Bap come along and that changes. Wouldn’t that indicate that it’s their fault and not Ana’s?

If they’re going to give any nerfs to Ana or should be to nano. I don’t think it ever needed the heal effect. Reducing her healing makes her just awful, and makes playing tank awful. Removing/reducing anti nade makes her have no value outside of nano. Nerfing sleep gives her no form of self peel- which she already barely has any. Nerf the heroes that can so easily make the Ana seem immortal rather than nerfing Ana.

2 Likes

Or we could give her the mccree treatment and just leave her for the next 8 straight months and then give her completely pointless soft nerfs or reverts that do nothing to address her domination of the meta :slight_smile:

For real though, I love her and she’s my support main but I could see a reduction on anti healing at some point. We need an increase in TTK first though. If fan the hammer and fan the quiver get nerfed the game will actually start to feel OK to play for tanks.