So we spent forever nerfing heros because "power creep"

Yeah, but I DO have fun abusing enemy hogs for ult charge in regular games.

It is still a duel if you are out of hook range. It just is one heavily favored in the other direction.

But yeah, Hog in death match is cancer.

Direction they have been going in for a long time now.

Man, feels like it’s been years now since we began talking about the implications of role queue design…

Because the duel isn’t fun. And now on top of that, he’s gonna be contributing more value than a dps? And that’s supposed to be fun for the dps?

Like the only reason Hog is tolerable is despite being really unfun to duel, he doesn’t step on the dps toes overly much and in some ways contributes less overall value to the match because he gives up so much ult charge. If those were to change, he’d be awful to play against for a dps. A lot of dps would then become Hog players, but a lot more would leave the game entirely.

So now we have dps players that don’t want such grossly balanced matches, and supports and tanks that prefer heroes like Rein all leaving. And that’s somehow supposed to be better than now?

I don’t see it. I think something like the upcoming priority pass is the way to go.

I think it HAS been years, hasn’t it?
We were talking about roleQ results before it came out.

I still think that preset LFG would have been the funnier result. It would have been cancer, but it would have been funnier.

Hey, Venus - this sounds really weird, but, like, I always enjoy talking with you.
You are one of the reasons I stayed on the forums for as long as I have.

The feeling is mutual

1 Like

Maybe a little bit short of 2 years.

✅ [Role Select] Finalizing this concept

1 Like

In death match? There isn’t going to be a lot of fun there.

I think he is pretty fun when I am running ranged heroes. Like… as Torb / Mei / Hanzo etc, it is pretty fun to play “so, I have no damage falloff, and you are a REALLY big target” - Even s76/Ashe gets in on the action

I guess it depends on what you are playing. Sombra duels with him are also fun. So I guess it depends on the DPS you are running.

I think it is hard for the devs to balance all this. I think there is a bunch of cursed problems in the very heart of overwatch, which the dev’s are trying their best to try to work around.

I think it is too… but I also think that they are buffing heroes like Rein and D’va BECAUSE they want to make it successful.

They want the first experiences of the DPS players playing tanks to be good ones.

One really nice thing about this priority pass thing, is that it really “frames” the idea of converting DPS players into Tank players.

Not just for the community, but also the devs.

I can see things angling further in that direction as time goes on.

I still worry that could go HORRABLY wrong.
Induced traffic, it could really backfire.
I love the idea on paper, but like, I’m not entirely sure how it will go once it has first contact with the enemy :slight_smile:

I know a lot of streamers are super for it. Because they can tank/support off stream, and then Priqueue DPS for their stream.

I just find the choice of “if you queue for all 3” a little weird, rather than “if you queue for 2 of the smaller queues”

Yup, and of course, there will be multiple stages.

Initial stage chaos
Initial minmax
Secondary minmax
Severe loophole
Overcorrection
New set of minmax
Repeat

Yep. I wonder when it is going to drop, because it has to happen before OW2.

And like time is matching on there.

Ideally a few months before OW2, so they can get people’s off-role MMR’s to settle a bit.

1 Like

It will be chaos anyway. Elo won’t matter :slight_smile:

A bunch of new heroes where they all get added at once, and haven’t be balanced at all even in regards to each other?

Chaos, utter chaos. I can’t wait.

On the Rein buff…

I find it weird they don’t AS A MATTER OF COURSE adjust ult charge with damage changes.

Because you know they will have to go back and change ult charge with this.

Yeah, but ideally they can avoid major problems we already have before then, so the new problems have capacity to get solved.

Also there will be about a 2 month period which is both a honeymoon, but also harshly judged in hindsight on “launch performance”.

Not to mention, player retention is gonna be huge.
Since it doesn’t matter if you bring people in the door, if they all leave in a month.

Or probably the opposite as most high ranked players, and professionals, share this extremely common place opinion. It is actually more popular to argue dps dictate the meta on the forums where virtually everyone is plat.

Tanks are supposed to be the most important heroes on the team. They are the front line. The rocks of your team. If they go down, your team should have to pull a miracle to somehow crush the enemy.

1 Like

Ah rank shaming. That’s low quality right there.

2 Likes

Yeah. I think player retention will be hard.

I would 100% if I was blizzard be DESPRATE to find the “throwers in low ranks wrecking people” solution right the hell now.

People are a lot better these days, so new players will be having a hard time anyway. Add a bunch of smurfs to the mix farming the newbies… and player retention won’t be a thing.

Yep. but the reasons they give are different.

Tanks determine what else is strong, so they drive the meta. It doesn’t MEAN that the tanks themselves are strong.

I think if they scale this priority queue correctly, it will encourage more tryharding, and at a minimum not ragequitting the match.

1 Like

Using ad hominem attacks in a discussion? :clown_face::clown_face:

1 Like