So we spent forever nerfing heros because "power creep"

im not saying dva didnt need help.

im saying they are being hypocrites.

Im pretty sure someone calculated that if he got a +1 damage increase he would need a 10% ult charge nerf, so I just doubled that.

tweak the numbers get it to where he gets ult like he does now, and his base kit has impact

probably because they made an entire role useless with supports.

not going to happen. youd have to fundamentally change what a person wants to do when they play games.

and buffing tanks to be like dps would cause more problems and be terrible balancing.

no they cant. thats called being overpowered.

when you have more value just as a body than another, youre overpowered. thats text book broken.

I don’t think you comprehend how suicidal the idea that they can choose not to fix queue times, to appease a tiny minority of RPG/MOBA fetishists.

1 Like

No more suicidal then making this game awful to play for dps because tanks are just better DPS

Literally don’t care if 1% of players quit the game, if it prevents 10% from quitting and ultimately grows the playerbase by 10%.

DPS are the majority of the playerbase and they do not want to play tanks. If they feel like they have to play tanks, they’ll just leave.

2 Likes

Bro shush lol. You just a mad dps player who hates the fact that tanks finally getting some respect other than zarya. As far as i know dps heroes are already broken enough. The amount of dmg some of them do in short amounts of time is ridiculous. Tanks shouldn’t coward over dps players and shouldnt be seen as ult charge either. They should be the fundamental and pillars of your team. Hey tho , good thing tanks got buffed right? Maybe some salty dps players should try tank for once. It might balance out que times for once.

2 Likes

the game has terrible que times right now. and still has 10 milllion players apparently.

i assure you having people are willing to play the game because its decent is much more important than trying to make people que evenly.

trashing the game to make ques even changes nothing if youve only got 7k players and que times are the same anyway. now everyone just waits them.

1 Like

The way I see it, we got roughly

60% DPS players
30% Support players
10% Tank players

And converting a DPS player to a Tank player counts twice, because it subtracts from DPS players.

With those numbers, you’d need only to convert 2.5% of DPS players to get a 30% increase in Tank players.

The alternative, is this weirdly highly held belief that we can just imagine 30% more Tank players out of thin air.

1 Like

For each dps player that decides to play tanks, 2 more will just quit the game because the balance is trash and they feel useless.

Maybe queue times wouldn’t have been an issue to start with if they hadn’t nerfed tanks into oblivion in the first place?

:thinking:

or if they just nerfed what they had to to get goats out and didnt force people to play dps.

I highly doubt that DPS will look at lethal tanks, and improved queue times and want to quit over it.

That’s just making the overall game match the playstyle they already like.

And heck, it’s a bit morbid, but a few DPS quitting would also improve queue times.

1 Like

Instead of reworking/replacing the root of the problem (Sigma’s Shield) we are in the power creep phase again, who would have guessed it.

I wonder how much hp, armor, mobility and abilities will buffed before Sigma is touched again.

In every trinity game I have ever played, that had an actual population, dps had longer queues than tanks and supports.

It takes a certain type of player to want to tank in the first place. And when those people do play tanks, they largely do not want to be fat dps.

i left over 222. i assure you dps players will leave. they dont want to play tanks. they didnt come to do that.

ill show you . right now. ill make you understand.

lets play valorant. me and you.

doesnt sound appealing right? why not? its a shooter just like OW!

but you dont like that idea because OW and valorant play fundamentally different right?

YOU dont want to play valorant. you want to play OW.

thats why the entire saying “go play CSGO if you want skill” exist. because they came to OW to do something different fundamentally.

just like the reasons you play tank and dps are fundamentally different.

so outside of just making tanks giant dps it will not work.

and making tanks giant dps is unbalanced.

I’m not sure about that.

GOATS was widely complained about, but it represented a but of an island of stability in the normally downward drifting player numbers.

At least if you go by google trends (not a great data source, but, like, should be good enough for this)

Like, short queue times, DOES make playing dps feel a lot better.

I DPS, but I am looking forward to this, but you would put me in the “for each DPS who starts to queue tank” I guess category.

I think these changes are in part to make PriQueue work better.

Yes. They would. They want to be the lethal ones not play keep away from overpowered opponents

And what game genre would those be from?

How many of them are class based shooters?