So Tracer got nerfed

Won’t affect the pro meta much at all, but…

Well, enjoy your Bronze - Plat matches full of Brig + Orisa + Bastion meta. Have lots of fun with that. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Welcome bastion meta :sob::sob::sob:

And they’ve waited 2 years for that ? IT’s bullsh*t, Why can junkrat be a tank buster if Tracer can’t ? Junkrat can 2 grenades+Mine any tank and deal the same amount of damage as Tracer, and it’s just his regular fire. This nerf makes no sense whatsoever.

4 Likes

No, he’s talking about the Iron Clad passive. It decreased the damage by 20% and then the armor decreases damage by a further -5. But he should be aiming at the glowing cube before or as he throws the bomb unloading their full ammo capacity.

you’re already encouraged to stick squishier characters at the moment because of you get much more value out of pulse for sticking a support or dps than a tank, but this games hitreg and consistency is absolute garbage, so its almost pointless to attempt to stick a squishy half the time since theres so many things that can go wrong, they can strafe the wrong way at the wrong time, a matrix can catch bomb after it got stuck, zarya bubbles exist, some can stun you or just kill you and cancel the ult, and you have to predict their movement and aim almost perfectly or the pulse will miss, and even if it doesnt, again, sometimes it’ll just get scammed by hitreg, so while its more valuable to stick squishies, sticking tanks will net you more value than the bomb doing literally nothing.

4 Likes

I gotcha, I was just commenting on how armor reduced damage in general.

Sure, you actually never played in ranked it seems. When a team is doing the PIRATE SHIP, you can’t allow yourself to do that. You don’t have time, all of them are on the payload and ready to destroy you in 0.2s. It’s easy to say “you just need to use one clip to kill him lul!!!” but in the reality you have an Orisa and a main healer ready to react.

The pulse bomb was very effective against a pirate ship because if you stuck the pulse on a Bastion, unless they have a Zarya, they can’t do anything to save him. But if he has some hp remaining, saving him is not an issue for the enemy team…

8 Likes

Because right now Tracer has like a what 70% pick rate in OWL and is an insanely strong flanker. They don’t want to nerf her main kit which I totally understand, before they try other avenues of reducing her power level.

It makes WAY more sense to do this than to increase cooldowns or have her take 50% longer to charge an ult.

As far as the time it took to nerf her since launch, saying “It’s been 2 years they shouldn’t nerf her at this point”, doesn’t make sense. The game evolves. Scatter just got removed from the game all together and it’s been the same amount of time.

4 Likes

Yh this nerf is the worst mistake of overwatch history

6 Likes

Explain please, I don’t follow.

tracer has a high pick rate in OWL because she has a high skill ceiling, whats wrong with a character that has a lot of room to improve with being picked a lot?

3 Likes

So you think because Tracer went from 400 -> 300 that Junkrat should be 600 -> 300? Lol whats wrong with you?

2 Likes

What’s the point it was a balanced ability there shouldn’t of been a reason for a nerf they’ve pretty much made pulse useless against tanks

1 Like

For some reason, I’m thinking of some sort of Orisa and Brigitte fusion.

2 Likes

For sure, and she’ll still be amazingly powerful. This is only toning it back a bit and people are really overreacting.

2 Likes

Can we maybe not have the Pulse bomb Nerf? It’s already hard enough to kill things with a Brigette on the field, I don’t need people surviving pulsebomb.

2 Likes

By useless you mean it doesn’t leave most of them with a sliver of health anymore but still 1shots any non tank?

They decided that they don’t WANT it being as powerful against tanks. How does that not make sense? It’s the same as when they nerfed Fan the Hammer.

1 Like

It’s not even so much tanks now bastion will be the new meta cause he hasn’t got any hard counters anymore also Bridget will be a hard counter on tracer as well it’s just messed everything up

1 Like

Junkrat actually got 2 nerfs including one to rip tire.

1 Like

lol, the highest pickrate character is scared the (nearly) lowest pickrate character is going to get out of control.

If that becomes the case I’ll happily see a different character buffed or changed to fill the role.

3 Likes