So Tracer got nerfed

It never instakilled any tanks except Zarya when she was bubble-less. They all have something to reduce Pulse bomb’s effect, it’s far from being an unfair ability.

3 Likes

Or you could like, shoot him a little bit before zipping away… He’ll have 5 hp left.

2 Likes

I love everyone in the comments saying “rip Tracer”. You’re very funny if you think this will push her out of the meta. Her bomb had nothing to do with her power, it was her consistent ability to stay alive while getting kills. She’ll be just fine and a bit less annoying to Zarya and Orisa. Hopefully next new tank won’t suck.

3 Likes

Honestly, you know what I am happy with this “nerf”. A skilled tracer doesn’t really need to use her ult to annoy and mess up the enemy team. The bomb is really a gamble anyway. I am still happy. :slight_smile: Danke Blizzard for shutting up the tracer haters.

Holy moly I thought rip-tire did 400 damage. 600 is too much.

1 Like

Yes of course, against a Bastion with the entire time on the payload. Are you playing this game ? Were you playing the game when the gave a 30% damage reduction on Bastion-sentry-mode ?

Okay, so you say it wasn’t a ‘tank killer’. What’s the problem with it being slightly less good at killing tanks now?

just pulse bomb… i was wating for 1 more seconds cd on blinks

If you’re close enough to throw the bomb at him, you’re close enough to deal 6 points of damage before zipping away. And that’s assuming you some how only fired one bullet into him. You pump out 20 bullets per second, chances are you’re gonna get like 24 or more damage.

2 Likes

Roadhog can literally deny pulse bomb now, Same as Orisa, Pulse bomb can’t one shot bastion although it was a powerful counter, same thing with TPs and shield gens. The only tank I have no problem having a lesser hard time dealing with pulse bomb is reinhardt. Every other tank can deal with it, whether by escaping with their mobility, or tanking it with their abilities like Zarya, Orisa or roadhog.

meh it plus bomb damage.

Well the point is they want it to not be a tank buster. It still 100 to 0’s every character except for bastion. Remember when they nerfed Fan the Hammer because it was too good against tanks? McCree is still a good character, Tracer will be fine.

Do you know how to calculate ? Bastion has 200HP + 100 ARMOR.
Pulse Bomb deal 300 damage. Bastion has also a 20% damage reduction while on sentry.

20% less damage on the Pulse Bomb = 240 damage. I forgot how armor works so let’s assume bastion has 60HP left… You need to fire to kill him, while his team can mitigate the damage (bubble, heal, shield, whatever).

I don’t want to ad hominem but you’re not even playing in ranked, I don’t think you encounters those situations in QP :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m just glad Genji is finally getting some fixes

Tbh…

Yes

Armor is -5 or half damage off each source of damage, whatever is smaller.

“hopefully tanks die less” so you’re saying that using an ultimate on a single person with the sole purpose of trying to kill them is overpowered? alright my guy whatever you say

2 Likes

In the perspective of a main tank player this nerf is amazing its a lot easier to back up get healed and not die from the pulse bombs it will encourage tracers to try and stick squishier targets instead of going for the almost guaranteed kill on a tank

1 Like

As much as I love Junkrat I honestly would have expected his tire to get nerfed long before pulse bomb ever would have. Never even though Pulse needed to be nerfed.
EDIT
looked at patch notes and tire was nerfed too it’s a bit slower now

It’s not a single person ult though. Ever seen a pulse get a quad kill or higher? I know I have.

If pulse hit ONLY the person it were attached to and only if it were attached, I’d feel differently.

1 Like