So this is OW now

Man even in your idealized vision you can’t picture Marvel Rivals itself being the premier 6v6 shooter, someone else has to come along,

That game really is already cooked and it’s only been like 4 hours since the trailer dropped

1 Like

Marvel characters are not interesting. Someone else has to come along, yea, I am hoping this is the first stepping stone for that since Blizzard refuses to do the right thing.

2 Likes

Thats included in horrible monetization

This actually made me laugh.

It does seem like every single game that comes out nowadays has to have some kind of LGBTQIA2+ representation, doesn’t it?

I said it in another post earlier, but I think it’s super weird that there’s this subsect of this community that only plays this game because they “feel represented.”

Personally, I don’t care for representation in games. Why would you want to play as someone who’s “just like me” when you can play as a gorilla?

8 Likes

This game is only for agenda drivers, and alphabet fans now. Best to move on.

6 Likes

Yeah I’ve started playing with a duo in comp for the first time this season and I’ve honestly been having a really fun time :smile:

Hey at least you have the option to choose between a gorilla or someone “just like you”. You have many, many of those actually.

2 Likes

Wild to hear, since I was pretty hyped to play comp this season and hit Champion, but once I got some time to play the S9 changes Ive been closer to quitting Overwatch than ever.

Im not a doomer “this game is dead” or “Im uninstalling Overwatch” type, but genuinely with not a singular lie to my name, S9 nearly made me quit.

The changes and balance are so disgustingly braindead I just cant take it anymore. Before at least Overwatch still had its charms, but after completely changing hitboxes, breaking every last breakpoint in the game, 5v5, support design, EVERYTHING. S9 has been the straw breaking the camels back for me.

2 Likes

well yea. because lgbt ppl exist, and games that deal with a cast of different people from different places might have people of different identities/sexualities in them. i wouldn’t stop to think of it as something games have to do, though. just something that’s important.

i don’t think it’s easy for someone who the vast, vast majority of games (and other media) appeals to to really understand socially subaltern groups when it comes to representation. (not to imply that every minority group necessarily cares either, as no group is a monolith).

it’s just like, if every game you’ve ever played has always been marketed towards safer, dominant social groups like straight white dudes, it would be cool if every now n then a game paid allusion to someone like you.

it’s okay not to care about representation and i’m not necessarily trying to argue to change your mind about that, just wanted to say that it’s important to show that there are more than the narrow socially normalized ways to be a person.

and if you look around at some of the attitudes shown off by some people in this very community in response to the mere presence of different types of people, you’d see at least partially why it’s important

6 Likes

I’m really hoping they revert the HP and projectile hitbox changes. Like, seriously. Dumbing the game down is just insulting.

You’re quite a ways late to the party, OP.

I don’t. I know why they chose this, and its obvious.

3 Likes

because they want to? People like feeling represented, even if you personally don’t care. and the devs recognize this and that’s why the characters exist

if every hero was a talking gorilla from the moon or something like that, then the talking gorilla from the moon is less special and the piece of media quickly devolves into “*holds up spork* XD” so randumb!1!! humor

2 Likes

I’ll definitely be giving it a good go.

Even if Marvel Rivals fails, it’s a stepping stone. Other devs looking at making a similar game can look at that one and see what worked/didn’t work etc. Eventually a good one will come. I believe.

2 Likes

That is the hope especially since this game has all but been completely given up on. Like it’s genuinely so hard for Blizzard to do the right thing for some reason and I will never understand why.

The core game is still good they really just need to fix the matchmaker, balance more often and reward players better for playing the game.

1 Like

I still enjoy it a lot, but I do need to play once a week or two. Can’t play every day.

There are a LOT of issues with the game that can be overlooked if played sparingly.

1 Like

I literally cannot play sparingly enough to overlook the issues the game has.

I need 6v6 back to be able to do that.

6 Likes

Thats subjective and not a fact.

3 Likes

Even with Booze involved? :sweat_smile:

I’m not sure how there are still so many players mad about this; y’all were told in May of last year that the PVE wasn’t going to come to fruition. (I get that it sucks, but how are y’all still mad?)

It’s getting better (slowly improving). It’s nothing to run home about, but they’re at least going to start putting a currency return in the battle pass (600 coins), I believe. (Sadly, not even a full return or an extra bonus, but still an improvement at least.) :sweat_smile:

It’s hilarious how, in order for them to start making a good profit from OW, they’ll first need to stop being so flagrant with their monetization. (Who would’ve thought if you’d given back to your players, they might be more inclined to make a purchase?) :exploding_head:

Yeah, in my opinion, the PVP just needs a complete overhaul; it just isn’t working. Small balance changes, reworks, etc. aren’t going to get me on the game anymore. I’ve stuck around OW2 for a year and a half now to see if it would get any better, and sadly, nothing has improved.

The only thing the S9 changes did was shift power out of the supports hands and then put that power into the DPS’s hands. It literally fixed nothing and arguably just created more problems.

As long as the characters are not cancerous and make the game more repetitive than it already is, who cares about the design of the hero? :ok_hand:

1 Like