So, They Removed My Favorite Map (...)

Great take.

So rarely people acknowledge that certain maps/modes favor certain heroes and 2cp definitely was designed for the ‘defense’ type heroes in mind (Torb, Widow, Hanzo, Sym, Bastion, Junk, etc) who can literally spam a choke and still have ‘fun’. :rofl:

Honestly they just need to rework the maps into other game modes, the assets are already there so they wouldn’t exactly be starting from scratch.

1 Like

theyve never given any indications that there was any inbalance of any kind actually…only thing theyve ever said is they would “attempt to make more fun” (original statement)…which is always a funny statement…how does one do that exactly???

if memory serves one of the devs did come on here once to say that it (paris) was actually pretty average map statistically speaking…but i cant find it so dont hold me to that statement…

1 Like

Dw they’re keeping them in non-qp and non-comp modes. I know those are not considered primary modes, but this is the only trace of them left instead of being fully gone

Yeah it’s like basically Blizzard be like f*** Widow and f*** Winston/Hammond fans :roll_eyes:
The community cries for years about Brigitte yet she’s still in the game!
I think they should have just left them in the arcade.

Uhh, I don’t think so, man. Looks like custom games only, if I understand Jodie correctly:

Huh, I heard someone said it’d remain in arcade but this reduces my hope even more :frowning:

1 Like

I’m hoping they adjust the maps gameplay wise so the map itself can be brought back with adjustments. Same thing for Horizon. Both are very beautiful maps.

This is it for me and Overwatch. I haven’t played in over a month now, and I keep checking in every other week on the forums hoping to hear news they’re turning this wreck around.

2CP is one of my favorite modes. I was always happy to see Horizon lunar colony. I wouldnt know it was hated if I didnt check the forums. Along with Paris. Sure, Paris could have used a remodel, but it was never too far gone for me.

Overwatch 2 won’t bring me and many others back. I used to consistently overfill a 6 team with my group of friends. The move to 5 makes that situation worse. But regardless, none of those people will be returning.

When Overwatch was released, it was so exciting. I thought we were in the midst of an iconic franchise in the making. And I was excited to say “i was there at the beginning of it.”

I had so many good memories and laughs in the early days, when my friends still played. One by one, they dropped out. One during mass ress being patched out. A mercy main, she never touched or talked about the game again.

With the series of subsequent patches, quite literally patched the players, other friends, out. With this latest patch, it looks like it’s my turn.

I bought so many loot boxes over the years. Donated for my pink mercy skin. I saw it as investing in something I wanted to see grow.

Something I now regret (except for the donation.)

So long Overwatch. Thank you for all the hours of fun. And laughter. But you’re no longer the game I enjoyed years ago although you may look the same.

I used you for my icebreakers in college which always had the class buzzing with who they mained. I wore that one overwatch shirt, the logo emblazoned across my chest. My pachimari sat proudly on a floating shelf in my room.

Thank you for being there on those bad days. I’d climb on and have so many laughs with my group. We’d talk about everything under the sun during those matches. Days that are long gone.

Overwatch was shutdown for a reason, maybe it’s best it stayed that way.

4 Likes

The story of Paris and HLC

Community: I love this map!

Random losing streamer: Its unbalanced!

Community: Its unbalanced!

4 Likes

100%

As I just said in another thread, I really detest the King of the Hill mode. (Can’t remember what the OW term is - maybe Control?)

But I really enjoy 2CP and Payload (and Hybrid). They were my favourite type in my TF2 days, a game I played for 9 years - I hated KotH there too. :rofl: But at least the community servers I played on had map voting and I had a chance of influencing the choice, or I could join servers with a Payload only rotation.

2CP is being removed in OW2 so a rework to the maps would be a waste of resources. They might reuse the assets in future maps though. Jeff’s hypothetical was a payload map on the opposite side of the Anibis pyramid.

The biggest reason everyone likes King’s Row so much is that it is the only map in the game on which every hero is viable. No single hero is ‘bad’ on King’s Row, and no single hero is better than any other on King’s Row just by virtue of the map design because it has something for everyone.

Sniper perches, multiple levels of high ground, tons of stairs and ramps for people without vertical mobility to reach the high ground, oodles of flanking routes, long sightlines, a lot of areas with small rooms and corridors for close-quarter-combat heroes, a high skybox with tons of aerial cover, and even some pits/holes for environmental kills. It seems like an average map to you because it’s really the base of what all maps should be.

I hope that they take these maps and completely rework them to make them payload maps. Basically, only the theme/location will be the same.

I disagree, Rein/Zar are very strong on the map, but dive, not so much, I’d argue Hollywood is much more balanced in that specific area, I don’t really feel like I need to play any specific characters on Hollywood

I find when the payload gets stalled right before the second checkpoint that the games turn into a walking simulator when you die no matter what side youre on

It’s really not that high though, I find Pharah to be very mediocre on Kings, especially with Widow being so prominent

You can still play it in custom games. It’s not like Bliz removed it from the game.

I mean I’m a 400+ hour Pharah main and it’s by far my favorite map to play on her, especially with Widow being so prominent :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s tons of cover for me to hide behind and she only takes two shots to kill. I’ve got great corners, signs that provide physical barriers up on the edges of buildings, trees to duck behind, and plenty of spots where I can go up and over rooftops to surprise the hell out of her. I mean Widow isn’t going to do much if I’m 3 feet away putting rockets into her face is she? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think that depends entirely on what you’re up against and whether you’re on attack or defense.

Well Hollywood is much like King’s Row in the way that it’s designed. So is Blizzard World, but both of those maps also have some areas that are a little bit more open horizontally.

Really I find the hybrid maps are my favorites in general, particularly as a Pharah main.

They are getting rid of 2cp anyways, so in a way doesnt really matter.

Though i feel like 2cp will maybe be implemented maybe as an arcade mode maybe.

False. They knew it was balanced. It was deemed terrible by players.

It’s sad how you couldn’t be more wrong.