So the only way for Mercy mains will be satisfied

You spoke for Valkyrie being unique
Someone called you on that
Then you dropped a “Who said that?” vine

Oh funny, I noticed you deleted that comment. And somehow the responding comment did as well.

This whole post is just a huge ad hominem F-U. No legitimate premise was given here. It is discarded.

I made a post yesterday about exactly that, I didn’t feel like quoting myself when I wrote in this topic, but here you go:

By “redistribute” I mean, give her back her 60hp/s and give her a new E-ability that’s not as insanenly difficult to balance as Resurrect. Possibly a new ultimate as well. I offered ideas for that above. Whether or not they’re good I cannot say. But I like the idea of them, how they’d feel to play, a lot better than what we currently have. They’re not even my own ideas, I read them somewhere and liked them.

I can only agree with you here, the synergy that Valkyrie and Resurrect used to have and were intended to have, has been removed without compensating in any way.

I feel your pain, I had the same experience this season. I’m “lucky” that Mercy is only my second favourite character to play as, so I always happily play Moira if I have the chance or Mercy doesn’t work out.

I think so too. A lot of people do, apparently. But I doubt we’ll get it back. That’s why I’m actively advocating to remove resurrect altogether to hopefully finally make Mercy fun again in some other way. Because I also think that can be done, possibly more easily than trying to get them to revert back to mass rez (with changes).

Fair enough guess each one has their own version of it :thinking:

I reiterate, I love the general idea, just implementing it would have to be balanced differently.

Theyre two different games that have different aspects so yea, itd be fair if the idea was there just implementing it is different.

yhea rez is an ultimate, so having it as an ability is overpowered,

so much so that mercy’s kit needed to be nerfed so much that the ability would work without being overpowering.

now mercy is a secondary healer, with barely any utility with an unimpactful ult, and boring gameplay.

2 Likes

Tell that to Blizzard, which happily nerfed everything, yet rez still stronger than her ult, which is BS by itself.

i tried,
too bad they shut down any mercy forums and call it unfit or straight up calling it toxic commentary,
even though the toxicity and hate are coming from people who hate mercy,

and those trolls get away while the mercy player is getting suspended for no good reason,
it’s so bad that it’s making me question if there aren’t other people that could do the job better.

2 Likes

for real tho

put healing to 65 hps and 70 in valk plus an e ability

or

put healing at 70 hps and 80 in valk with no e

Nope. The two are practically the same. I’m saying that’s the two things that were changed by the rework are boring. :blush:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.
1 Like

Soooo, the kit is still fun to play, except for the one ability you shouldnt get all the time? Why is everyone saying that Mercy isnt fun anymore?

370 Replies and OP only got the one like? I’m surprised.

I’m not. :slight_smile:

She stopped being fun, when a) resurrect became E ability and b) we got independent mobility, at the cost of ultimate.

Resurrect still strongest ability Mercy has, but it’s not earned and relies on luck more, than on your own choices: if random enemy decides to walk through that empty area, where you were busy resurrecting teammate, you are most likely dead.

Valkyrie removes multiple things: mastering GA, mastering healing management, mastering using damage boost at the correct moments. And it doesn’t have power spike ultimates usually have, either.

Not all of them think that but the most VOCAL of them think that.

Like I said, 2/3 of her kit is changed. Then there’s her base healing. Almost everything about her got changed therefore it is understandable if people no longer find her fun to play.

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.
1 Like

That or rework her in the way they deem acceptable.

I say this as a Mercy/Lucio main who likes where both characters are. Mercy could use some love, but I don’t want a rework or a revert.

She became more fun when Guardian Angel was buffed.

Just because you’re bad at using resurrect doesn’t mean the rest of us are.

Nice try, but it’s true: resurrect is luck based now. Only choice you get to make is use or don’t use it. If something changes in those 1.7 s, success can slip out of your hands. Even most guaranteed, and safest option, resurrecting in empty area with no enemies present, is no foolproof against random enemy looking there for health pack…just to find you standing still.

Please prove it. Mass resurrect requires just as much luck; If not more.

So Mass resurrect is also luck based?

Again, just because you oversimplify how much you can think about the ability doesn’t mean the rest of us have to.

Oh man, god forbid there is risk to one of the most powerful abilities in the game.

Bad game-sense can get you killed in many ways.
Same thing was true for mass resurrection.

Every criticism you have for current resurrection could be applied to mass resurrection.

Are you also going to ignore how much better Guardian Angel as gotten and how that has always been the most fun part of her kit?

I already proved it above: only thoughts left is use or don’t use. If it’s safe, you use it; if it’s not, you don’t.

Mass resurrect is more complex, however.

Please, don’t make me laugh: new feature born from bug, in exchange for +1 s to GA cooldown, is most fun Mercy had?

I actually want a successful rework