So the Mei/CC nerfs are coming Wednesday

Oh? Well I was thinking that, for the sake of the game, they could leave knockback alone. But if they only buffed it because of Goats, then maybe it should get toned down.

Knockback is my second least favorite CC, so I’m personally not to hurt about that.

Mei was super fun. I think I enjoyed Mei more than any other DPS I’ve ever learned. She also felt the most consistently good. I don’t think I ever felt like I sandbagged the team on Mei, and I’ve felt that on other DPS I played like Ashe and Echo.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if they buffed Knockback because their intention was to buff the GOATS counters in that patchs (Junkrat, Pharah, Doomfist) and most of them had knockback.

I could be wrong and it could’ve just been a QoL change they did.

Heh, and I feel like I had something to do with a lot of the changes to the hero.

Including frost blaster piercing, a 56,000 view reddit post on why she needs no falloff in icicle, and the basic outline for the last 3 nerfs.

But I have no idea what’s coming up on Wednesday.

Yeah, me neither, but I’m relatively certain Mei is done for the rest of the life of OW. This is exactly what it feels like right before every hero that was slammed down to F-minus tier and left to rot forever.

I really don’t know what’s up, but it feels like it’s either gonna be minimal.

Like 1.0sec freeze, instead of 1.5sec.

Or something like a Symmetra rework.

No, they always do this. Little nerf, little nerf, little nerf, sledgehammer down to absolute garbage. Just like with Orisa and Sigma and Junkrat and Baptiste and, well I can’t remember them all, but it’s about a third of a roster at the least.

Mei really feels like a hero they regret creating at this point. I think she’s straight up done. Same with the rest I mentioned, I ask for Orisa and Sigma buffs but I don’t think we’ll ever get them. I think the next time another main tank is viable ever is the next time they put a new one in the game.

Can you blame them?

Low tier gets facerolled 1v1 by her, and pro tier she’s Tank Role #3.

I mean, they could have not made her good and left her good so long so I could think playing her was a good idea. Mei was left untouched so long I finally thought it was ok to try her out.

Thing is she wasn’t good up until just before 222 where she could block halt+hook.
And they tried a bunch of nerfs already.

But she’s not even that good now. Completely average winrate and pickrate. The nerfs worked.

Yeah, but we’re in the pre-death GOATs zone.
Where they finally nerfed it to the point where it wasnt meta on Ladder and only played in Pro.

But that wasn’t good enough.

I wish they could just go to OWL and be like “No Mei”.

I mean, they run the league. Why can’t they do that? They could even do it quietly.

Heck, make a whole category of heroes just straight up banned in pro. Sombra, Mei, Orisa, Sigma, Torbjorn, Symmetra. That way they can be good in ranked and not ruin pro.

I think I might suggest that as a new post.

A lot of Pros would be 100% on board with that, heh.

Nah, it sounds too reasonable for this balance team. I am guessing something more crazy for less favouritable heroes. So longer cooldown on bash, no multifreeze, longer chanelling of hack. Ana sleep, Rein shatter and McCree stun wont be touched.

God forbid Reinhardt have even one counter in the game.

2 Likes

It is more about being best Main tank option than having counters.

Mei is going to become a bastion level joke soon. Or Brigitte after the hate mobs got her nerfed into the ground.

I mean she already suffers from the ammo nerf as well as the slow nerf to the point most enemies just walk away before the freeze kicks in. If they really want to remove all of Mei’s CC not only would it effectively kill her purpose in the game. But her DPS is a joke compared to most others so they would really have to increase the dmg of her attacks.

Especially her freeze, which every one can quite easily simply walk out of now…

Well, if I did have to guess, they are just going to shorten the duration on Freeze and Flashbang such that it’s not possible to double-headshot with one stun.

Wouldn’t hurt if they tried these tank changes and branded it at as “CC reduction”

✅ Tank balance is easy to fix

I really really hope they don’t shorten durations. It absolutely crushes people with bad pings. I can’t even get one headshot usually because the stun is almost over before I see it happen, and that’s just with 80ms latency. It makes McCree almost unplayable for me.