So telebombs is not going to be a common tactic now?

You throw all your turrets down in a stack, place a teleporter behind an enemy and teleport the turrets on their butt to burn them.

1 Like

Drop three turrets and place a teleporter that moves them into the middle of the enemy team.

It wasn’t very good in medium rank and above, people have too much alertness.

1 Like

I never really telebombed in the ‘traditional’ sense where the turrets ended up on the floor, rather instead I would put the TP down then send the turrets THROUGH it at random angles which always seemed to be super confusing to the enemy cause they couldn’t tell where they were going to end up until they were getting zapped.

Naw I always chose shield gen over tp it was better

I was saying she has below average dps. That’s true and she doesn’t have much utility to justify that

Yeah sym can work but this is likely a nerf I’m going to just pay attention to her winrate and pickrate. Time will tell who is right

The teleporter is going to serve as an elevator to the highground for heroes without vertical mobility.

Yeah, I did that too. “The thinking man’s telebomb”.

It already did that while being more versatile. Now it does the same thing but worse in most respects.

Yeah, it’s also such a good way to get them at strange angles and in weird places if you can estimate where they will go based on how you put them in. I’d send them up or down or like, crouch then send one in super low lol.

Ehh, not saying you’re wrong. But at the very least, you can set it and forget it now.

this was before shield gen was in the game

Me too :smiley:

Plus, people expect a telebomb, so they uselessly shoot the teleporter base while getting zapped.

Yeah in beta she just gave out the 50 shields so it was as if you had shields gen and tp at the same time

The shields were the good stuff the faster getting back wasn’t as powerful as the extra health

You get bonus points if there’s a Torb on your team and he ALSO throws his turret through your teleporter.

They NEVER expect that lol.

1 Like

That is the last thing you want in that ability. If it takes more then ten seconds for your team to act on it then it is not worth doing.

Teleporter now goes essentially on a 17 second cooldown after it is destroyed. Regardless if by you or the enemy. Where as before the longest you had to wait was 12 and the shortest you had to wait was 2.

This coupled with a 50% cooldown increase in being able to teleport again makes it pretty terrible. All for 5m of distance added and a worse lucio speed boost.

Is it worse? Syms’ teleporter stays up the whole time until it’s killed. Lucio can’t shuttle people to/from spawn while he’s doing anything else.

1 Like

if you fail it is now a 15 sec cd and you have a higher chance of dying why doing it cuz of the 1.5 second cd of using tp

Friend, i’m not saying that it’s strictly better.
But it stays on the map until it’s destroyed, opening new doors of opportunities.
You can place it outside of enemy LoS to serve as a taxi/elevator for your team mates. I’m not saying that it’s suddenly an amazing ability however, just different.

A noob tactic the syn GMs used ALL the damn time.

When your turrets are off cooldown teleing the ones you have into the enemy team mid fight is extremely useful.

At worse, they have to split their attention which is a limited resource.

1 Like

A theoretically endless 20% speed boost coupled with a shorter cooldown of 12 seconds for amp it up to 50% that can be accessed both outside and inside of combat without interaction from anyone else in a 12m radius or a teleporter that is static in one place on essentially a 17 second cooldown if you want to use it for more then just a spawn taxi with a 2m inteteraction radius with a button press requirement?

Mathematically lucio wins on time saved. The only part in which sym is better is verticality but honestly she had that before. Just on a shorter cooldown.

Yeah but Sym can leave the TP there forever.

Lucio has to go back to spawn to shuttle someone, so if he’s needed to heal someone he can’t do anything.