So queue times are getting worse

Here’s the thing right, if we need the tanks or the DPS so they are more fragile in order to stop them from being dumb, they will complain, if we don’t support players will complain. At this point, what can anyone do?

1 Like

Well, i queue as DPS these days, and that has been working out ok :slight_smile:

But Blizzard will have to work out some kind of thing they can grapple with this, they can’t afford to lose too many support players.

1 Like

What I would recommend supports players to do currently is to play in a dedicated squad

1 Like

A Clan system would help with that. Maybe that is an answer.

I know plenty of clans in other games have a hard rule of “don’t disrespect the supports, because we need to keep them”

2 Likes

Mhm also what DPS and tanks players need to further understand is to protect the flanks! I can’t stress how important that is especially in this season

1 Like

Honestly, I think they will just Nerf the living daylights out of the flankers, and then Nerf them some more just to be sure.

1 Like

They are already doing so, but there will always be a flanker :3

1 Like

These are the warmup nerfs :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are pretty fast for me.

1 Like

See on Xbox if we turn off the settings for crossplay it’s not done in game. You have to block outside access on your Xbox itself. This then does not find any games at all. So interesting to know ps has that feature

9m/8m/30s queue times here. on the 18th it was 7m/6m/30s.

We’re at OW1 queue times but now for two roles instead of just the one, and it’s getting visibly worse at an alarming rate

4 Likes

Yep. Blizzard will do something about it because they have to, it won’t be pretty though.

You can’t fix stupid.

Honestly… this is what I think they should have done:

KEPT 6v6.

If you received a gold medal during the match (heals, elims, obj elims, obj time)… then you get priority re-que level 1.

If you received a silver medal during the match then you get priority re-que level 2.

Bronze medal… priority re-que level 3.

This would have promoted less throwers, and would have rewarded good gameplay with less queue time.

1 Like

Blizzard has posted that the queue times are a problem. I think we can establish that yes, it is a problem.

Or are you going to argue that since they haven’t precise measurements that the problem doesn’t exist either?

It was obvious that it was a problem.

1 Like
  1. Kiriko is free for everybody starting at the beginning of Season 2.
  2. Supports get +18% base movement speed as a Passive.
  3. Everybody gets the Regen passive, but Tanks/DPS have to be within a certain radius distance from another teammate for it to activate.

I’ve just realized who the new guy is. Man, they have some industry chops behind them. I am feeling a LOT better about overwatch future now. You couldn’t pick a better person to run things.

He does, but we’ve seen some pretty brilliant people make some pretty big screw ups.

Especially when it’s out of their hands when upper management tries to micro-manage.

3 Likes

Here is the thing, he IS upper management in overwatch.

This is good stuff. I mean yes, you can still screw it up, but he is a hell of a pick. Blizzard must have sold their soul to get him. (which explains a lot about Blizzard these days now that I think of it).

Yes, however higher up ActiBliz Executives are a thing…

2 Likes