So new patch can finally show truth about forced loss streaks

It doesn’t exist. If it would exists people would’t be able to climb. What does exists is diamonds/masters players with huge ego’s and god syndrome. While in fact most of them are really bad and lack the most fundamental gamesense.

1 Like

How much does Blizzard pay you to just say “It doesn’t exist”? You literally have zero proof. Nobody can be this blind to the truth unless you’re actually being forced or getting paid.

You only say it doesn’t exist. The majority says it’s there. And it is, because it’s an artificial difficulty setting to make you chase those sweet SR. But Overwatch takes the cake for how obvious they made it.

I don’t enjoy threads talking about a feature no one knows about unless you know what they are talking about.
So you can share replays on the ptr and directly report replays to get reviewed.

But he is right about that lol, forced loss streaks dont exist. If you have different opinon show us the evidence they do exist and dont ask evidence for something which doesnt exist…

I currently have 4 accounts within 40 SR of each other. That type of consistency doesn’t happen by accident. These accounts range from accounts I’ve had since day 1 (so it has my old MMR), friends accounts who stopped playing and gave them to me (their old MMR + my current MMR), and accounts I got on eBay (yet another persons old MMR).

I play only a handful of hero’s though. So someone who picks based on what the team “needs” versus what they’re good at regardless of the team is going to have different results. For tanks I only play zarya and hog and a little bit of Winston so if the other tank goes zarya I’ll try Winston but if the enemy team has mei reaper hog, I just go hog myself and go for picks rather than going rein and putting up awful performance that drags down my MMR.

1 Like

I’m actually on your side, if you read around a bit you’d find that I’m one of the larger proponents of unfair matchmaking and handicapping. You may not have a forced loss streak, but I strongly believe overperforming will lead to worse teammates which can cause losses. The difference is that my theories are reasonable and can be substantiated by math and logic, while crying about a ‘forced loss streak’ just makes you look like an upset child.

To be able to prove it’s presence, you need to narrow it down to a finite idea that has reason to exist and can be substantiated, which is what I aimed to do, and what crying about ‘forced loss streaks’ consistantly undermines.

You can read more here:

I totally agree. I don’t believe in forced loss streaks either but I do believe that the game averages out MMR which causes a sandbagging effect on the player required to carry games. It’s very frustrating to deal with and does unintentionally cause loss streaks. I don’t think any win or loss is forced but I think the way the game makes teams puts unfair pressure on certain people to carry.

3 Likes

Yeah, it feels more like this and not really that Jeff is sitting there yelling at his peon button pushers to take your 51% down to 50%.

I think it just kinda happens, it’s relatively subtle, and they’re only trying to make even matches. I do think teach match is more fun when it’s even. I also think in the long term it’s a bit frustrating.

However, i think you can kind of mess with your matchmaking experience a bit by grouping up with other players more often. A couple games here and there, might allow you to play with higher MMR players and prove yourself. Or, it might let you have an easier game or two against lower players.

Just playing YOUR even matches all day every day can cause the matchmaker to figure out just how to make your work your butt off just to have any hope of winning.

I figure, mix it up a bit. Switch roles if you lost a game. Team up with any random players who seem good. Kind of add some uncertainty to your matchmaking and it might feel more like it’s based on the SR.

Hard to explain my idea, hope it makes some sense.

But if they did that, if they were transparent and made the ranked system to reward good players, those players who care and try would not feel the need to spend money on alternate accounts just to get an accurate placement and the ability to climb.

Forced losses do exist. I’ve been on forced losses for five years. I’d love to post a screenshot of my placements this season to show you it’s still 10/10 total stomp losses, but they won’t let me post pictures or links.

I know it’s rigged. I’m just saying, it’s being rigged makes Blizzard money, so it’s probably not going o change. : (

Dude, how do you even find a post from 5 months ago?

2 Likes

Big enough conviction to give excuses for why the game is out to get them.

2 Likes

You have chance to prove it with replay codes. Do it.

1 Like

I see more threads from you about this topic than anyone else

That makes sense with team averages and such. Sometimes I feel like the matches are basically me vs one guy on the other team that is also expected to carry. It’s all but impossible to tell there is another weak link on the other team when you are the weak link on your team though, imo.

4 Likes

I don’t agree with forced loss “streaked” but forced 50% is a thing in my opinion. I can collect a few games, the last patch killed my saved games but I think one day is all I need.
My friends avoid grouping with me when playing role queue because every 2nd game is a near guaranteed loss.

1 Like

I have a theory that MMR is only changed once you log off from a session.

Not really, my experience is different.

1 Like

Yes players are forced to have 50% winrate. They are forced to have it by their own skill.

2 Likes