So new patch can finally show truth about forced loss streaks

You dont have to record anything, just post few codes so everyone can see it. I am curious what kind of excuses we will see from forced loss streak/rigged system supporters to not post it :slight_smile:

11 Likes

low tier bait thread, still haven’t addressed my actual post

‘forced loss streak’ doesn’t exist and anecdotal observation is garbage for both directions

10 Likes

I gave you several answers to your topic, its not my problem that you refuse to accept it and still think that system will give you harder games if you play well.

2 Likes

You said you don’t believe it, you didn’t offer any sort of answer or evidence. I’ll repeat, nice and slow:

When a bronze to top 500 climber is in silver through plat, they are placed in games with almost identical SR on both sides. How is this possible if SR is not used in matchmaking and we know their MMR is much above their SR by their reward SR amounts?

6 Likes

I already explained to you before that you dont know if their mmr is much above their sr. And as i said before too, people have mostly mmr in same place as sr. Thats why both teams have same average sr.

1 Like

So, your counterargument is that MMR is so inaccurate that an actual top500 player cannot raise it above their SR while in gold?

Doesn’t really have much oomph, but if that’s the best you can do…

8 Likes

Explain to me how can top 500 land in gold? Only if he deranked or throwed a lot so he ranked his mmr down just as his sr.

5 Likes

Bronze to T500 are done on new accounts with minimal comp history. They should have the maximum uncertainty available, and their performance should skyrocket their MMR.

By the time they’ve reached gold, they’re on a 20ish win stomp with 0-3 losses. This is surely enough time to show a pattern of performance outside their rank.

Yet, when matching them, the matchmaker isn’t pulling plats or diamonds to pit them against. It isn’t making games where the other team is 50-100 SR above their team, in fact their teams often have higher SR. If it was only using MMR, and not SR, you would expect these things to happen as there is no doubt these players are much better than where they belong.

Thus, I submit that matches are selected based on SR and teams aligned based on MMR. You know where we go from there, that’s all that’s needed to prove handicapping. So, if you have a valid alternative explanation, let’s hear it.

8 Likes

Of course not, because their mmr is not even close to plat or Diamond. Its actualy close to sr even when they smurf.

Sweet. I did a quick search and can’t find anything on this. Could you please post a link or something to more info on this?

Edit: Oh, it’s sharing replays. I thought it was sharing stats or something. I found it now that I searched for the right thing.

1 Like

Neither side of this argument matters, because neither of you actually KNOW what’s going on under the covers. Blizzard could (and I’d argue should) provide complete transparency for their ranking algorithms. Then we’d all know.

3 Likes

How do you do this? I want to get more into posting VODS for some tips.

PTR patch notes on the forums. Replays can now be pinned (up to 10) and the code can be shared just like a Workshop code, allowing anyone with the code to view it for as long as it exists (which is until the next patch releases).

1 Like

Oh nice, that’s a great feature. Thanks.

Why should we know what’s going on under the covers?

Imagine that you are in a TEAM-Y that is in bottom part of the league.
Now, during a season, you have to play twice against TEAM-X that is in top part of the league or against team that in past 10 seasons, was in top 5 of the league.

You surely cannot go then “I am not going to play against them because we are not on the same level”. You have to play against them because that is the rule of the league. Since you have to, you might as well give your best.

In Overwatch, you get pretty much same situation when matched against more challenging opponent. You don’t even try to change the outcome of the match, you have a sure lost.

TEAM-X may be a favorite against TEAM-Y, meaning has higher chance to win but that doesn’t mean that TEAM-Y doesn’t have any chance of winning at all or at least getting a draw.

For Overwatch, things are 90% the same, except that competitive works differently because tier brackets are not made out of teams but individual SR and individuals are placed in tier brackets.

1 Like

Wrong. The brackets are made from TEAM results – wins. And nothing else.

Tier brackets, as in GOLD, DIAMOND, SILVER are not made out of teams.
You don’t see “POWER RANGERS position 1745th, Silver league”.
You are individually placed in tiers based on your SR.

Your SR is based on team results, which is fine because you also played with that team you got queued up with. It doesn’t matter if you have a pre-made team or random queued up team. You should always contribute equally.

That is what I said.

Again, please define what you would expect to see in a rigged match or forced loss streak. Tell us what evidence would tip the scales for you, and we’ll be sure to fetch it.

1 Like

Not true, in the past tons of streamers got banned for account sharing while doing those. Now big streamers only do unranked to gm on new accounts to avoid that.

Why are you asking me, i am not claiming it exist. You and others do. But it is actualy easy.

You will for example say: hey guys i had forced loss streak and provide 6 codes from 6 games so others can check it. It should be easy to see if games were lost because of something suspicious or if you played bad for example. Or if your game play match your rank abd its where you belong.

1 Like