So McCree's pickrate just gets higher and higher

At what point is this considered ok? Regardless if he is balanced or not. Why should 1 DPS hero be allowed to have such an extremely high pickrate compared to his peers?

39 Likes

I say, slap a 5sec cooldown on his Fan The Hammer, and see what that does.

He doesn’t need a 625 damage combo in 1.7sec, where only 0.9sec of which the opponent Tank can move.

16 Likes

He’s so annoying.

Want mobility? A stun? A 1 shot? A Great zoning ultimate? Go mccree! :blush:

11 Likes

Im just very confused here. People keep saying he is balanced and just popular but his pickrate is just insane and beyond that logic. If we want to look at balance heroes should never have such a high pickrate.

9 Likes

I’m actually not really as concerned with which DPS hero out of 17 is on top.

I just want any roadblocks towards Tank usage popularity, and fixing queue times, moved out of the way.

2 Likes

BUT HIS WINRATE!

But his BIG HITBOX!

But HIS BAD ULT?!!!

McCree is trash smh. Git gud. He is a sitting duck in his ultimate with his big hitbox, I mean look at his winrate.

Did I mention he has no mobility? Cus he has no mobility.

He’s really not that strong I promise I mean I haven’t told you about how bad his ult is. It’s only a free zone and somtimes a kill confirm.

/s

24 Likes

Because he’s a HITSCAN silly

4 Likes

Its not the matter of who is on top but its more like which hero is on top that is miles ahead of the 2nd and 3rd. I understand a meta heavily affects this but at what point is this normal?

2 Likes

He definitely needs to be nerfed to be more skill based and not combo/spam based. He needs a slower fire rate, back to 200 health.

3 Likes

Huh? Why?

1 Like

Not really my fight to be focused on.

But for what it’s worth, McCree not being able to spam down Tanks and barriers as strongly, should put a good dent in his pickrate.

Also it would flip him from being a counter to Winston/Ball/D.va, to being countered by Winston/Ball/D.va.

2 Likes

Because its spammable. I like the days where it was more skill based.

What days? He’s never had a slower rate of fire, and aside from falloff changes it’s always done the same damage.

9 Likes

What McCree’s still that high? Better nerf Echo again I guess.

1 Like

I mean listing everything good about a hero can make them seem overpowered but I agree he’s overtuned.

All of these are relatively good arguments for how someone could argue he isn’t overtuned. However the “his winrate” argument can be countered by the fact that counterpicks always have lower winrates.

You aren’t wrong at all is the sad part

Projectile or “low skill” hitscan(as deemed by the community, such as Bastion) nerfed in no time flat

Every other hitscan hero, especially burst? Meta for months.

It was a marketing campaign

3 Likes

McCree has always been the go-to Hitscan for Rush comp.

“higher and higher”

McCree’s pickrate is stagnant at 7% in GM and his winrate is declining

Okay…?

3 Likes

Wasn’t it not long ago we were saying “mcrees being picked because ball exists” and now we’re saying he’s being picked because of rush comp. How long is he gonna dominate the DPS roster until we stop making excuses?

2 Likes