So its Sombra's turn to be attacked?

“Hack is too powerful!”
“She has a cheap escape button!”
“Brain dead hero!”

Isnt it interesting how once a hero becomes slightly ok and not considered to be a troll pick, they are bashed to be nerfed to F-tier again?
Your Overwatch isnt helping either with them and their “Sombra is the best character rn” vids.
Not meaning to be toxic. Just a little annoyed I guess and dont want my main nerfed again.

59 Likes

its what happened to mercy 1.0

rip mercy.

thought i must say, hack was fine before and not much has changed. if anything should happen, EMP should get some tweaks, but thats really about it for balanced. she’s fine, maybe a bit too much damage up close, but like, it’s tolerable.

13 Likes

Imagine the outrage if Sombra could actually kill something, too.

61 Likes

The thing is, she is still bad. She needs help.

10 Likes

not really. good tracking can take you a long way on that hero.

17 Likes

Sombra isn’t weak. She’s in a good spot.

3 Likes

They did it with Doomfist, Ana and Sombra. People will always do it.

1 Like

I still find it funny that almost every Sombra main and Sombra player on the forums collectively agreed she was bad 3 months agos.

And yet, all it took was contenders and OWL to silence our voices and then make people think Sombra is OP.

I swear if she gets nerfed again I’m going to cry

23 Likes

You’re the first person I’ve heard about this from. I think most people see Sombra as being in a pretty good spot right now.

1 Like

Yea I know she is good now, but more and more topics have been mentioning how hack feels oppressive and it worries me that it’ll get controversial like how Doomfist is being treated rn

1 Like

Sombra is not OP, she still has that lousy pea shooter gun.

5 Likes

Hmmm.

First it was Widow being a bad hero but then be called “OP”, then it was Doomfist, and now Sombra.

Looks like Talon can’t catch a break. Funny how all of them are heroes that find the right meta to be effective in. For Sombra, I don’t know.

8 Likes

What’s even more funny is that when people were chewing out Widow they pretty much forgot after Doomfist came along.

I do agree though, YourOverwatch isn’t helping with her, as usual.

3 Likes

If Sombra can get close enough to melt you without dying, she earned it and you deserved it.

3 Likes

Okay pardon me but I have to say it.

When this version of Sombra came out, her mains went mad and kept calling her weak and trash. Nothing has changed since then.

What happened and she is good all of sudden ?

4 Likes

I think with her being made easier at the cost of some old benefits, more people picked her up, and realized her kit was alot better than they thought.
Especially in this meta and Doom being a big pick.

I mean, the same people who complained they did it after testing her on PTR, right ? Where’s the difference now ?

1 Like

Nothing’s changed, everything said back then still applies, we just learned to live with it. She still loses games, and not even grandmasters can make her work consistently. Check her profile in the last six months, before and after the new Sombra and you’ll find that her win rate hasn’t changed. she loses most of her matches. If you were to somehow constantly have a Sombra on your team, you’ll find yourself steadily losing SR. Her pick rate may have gone up, but all it meant is that more people are losing SR just by having her on their team.

Note that, every time a skill or balance argument gets brought up, it usually comes down to something like “He’s only good in lower tiers”, or “she starts carrying in diamond”, or “she’s target practice in masters”.

In Sombras case, they discard the entire player base from GrandMasters and below, and just say she’s good because she’s used in Pros. The arguments stops there, even tho it’s essentially admitting that not even the top 1% can make her work.

All the people posting threads about Sombra being OP? They will also admit that more often than not, they don’t actually lose in the games where they go up against these “OP” Sombras. But continue saying that she’s META anyway.

9 Likes

We’re currently walking down the ‘Complain Path’, currently we have reached Sombra.

I haven’t watched their latest vids but they probably have a point. Sombra is the best DPS in the hands of the pros right now, and Your Overwatch is all about that scene. Sombra + Doomfist is the most popular and effective DPS duo in the OWWC so far.

I’d like Sombra to be buffed for ladder play and nerfed for pro play. Some QoL changes would be nice, like sugar skulls over the heads of hacked enemies, having her gun reload when she translocates, etc.