So In Dorado there is a street called Colomar?

Did Sombra take that name and make it her last name or is she more important in Mexico than we think? I found it odd there was a sign that said “Calle Colomar” or “Colomar Street” I am just curious.

2 Likes

Maybe her parents had something to do with it and they named it colomar street???

1 Like

I dunno…I just find it odd that her last name was in Dorado the whole time? It seems like she took it for a buffer in a way but I dunno. She lives with the bakery people and maybe took their last name?

1 Like

She was an orphan so maybe she grew up on that street and took it as her last name to remember it and her younger days.

11 Likes

I think so too so I am curious as to what her real last name is now and I am also wondering if “Olivia” is even her real first name?

3 Likes

Isnt it somewhat confirmed that the bakery people from S76s cinematic have nothing to do with Sombra?

1 Like

I’ m pretty sure it’s confirmed she doesn’t live with them, however she does say "Back home... I should go drop by the bakery." sometimes on Dorado.

1 Like

Two words aunt sombra

1 Like

In Searching it’s actually Alejandra that informs Zarya & Lynx 17 of some kind of info that leads them to Sombra & to learn her real name.
Sombra’s shock at someone knowing her name should also suggest that it is her real name :slight_smile:

Source please?

I wasn’t sure because Sombra mentions the bakery in a line in game and in her origin video as a kid, has a bread basket that she was giving to some guy that I would think was given to her by the bakery. Plus, in Searching, Alejandra knew Sombra’s whereabouts (Just odd?) and the mother tried acting as if she didn’t know so I would think she has some connection?

If she wasn’t “adopted” or “taken in” by them in some way, then I am curious as to how her last name links up with the street? It’s just odd considering I never see heroes names anywhere like this in their maps and Sombra might be bigger in than Dorado than we thought? Is it possible when she helped the Los Muertos gang find out about the thievery amongst Guillermo they made a street of her last name?

Like I said aunt sombra

1 Like

She’s got a pretty terrible niece then xD

1 Like

The niece is the little girl in the 76 animated short

Yeah…Alejandra.
The same girl who rats out Sombra to Zarya & Lynx 17 in Searching.

That’s a pretty terrible niece.

3 Likes

Good point I gess …

Source?

I don’t think she is the niece. I don’t think Sombra is related at all to be honest.

I think it is 100% feasible for Sombra to have leaked data on herself that wasn’t true/accurate.

2 Likes

I got confused with Ale… Ale… Alejandra (how do you pronounce that name?)

Shes an orphan I believe?
Giving bread to an orphaned little child isnt like super strange. I guess most of us would give someone in Sombras position something to eat if she happened to pass by. Thats not really a reason to assume that she has been adopted or taken in by them

Maybe Ales parents gave her some bread from time to time and there is/was some friendship between them
Ale knowing stuff about Sombra isnt super unlikely then either. She might snap things up when her parents were talking about Sombra or she knows about this friendship between them and hates Sombra because of w/e reason or she just hates her for no specific reason

I felt Searching did not do justice at all for Sombra. Like, as if Sombra, the world’s most notorious undercover hacker that nobody can find, now automatically would let a little girl know where her whereabouts are? Unless Sombra wanted Alejandra to tell them, since Sombra looked like she was waiting for someone at the place she was chillin’ at then ok, but other then that? Literally keeping her secrets with a big mouthed girl is not really smart. Then the part where Sombra just randomly throws her translocator in front of Zarya as if “oh they didn’t see that lulz” was dumb. In infiltration, at least she did it to stall the troops and then kill them leaving it safe.

Then you have the scene with Zarya whispering her name to her as if anyone actually cares who hears? Sombra is an enemy, why is Zarya all secretive about her name? The fact she even had her name shouldn’t have existent. Don’t get me started on them (Zarya and Lynx) knocking on doors instead of using Lynx’s hacking expertise to actually hack around the world’s cameras and security to look for Sombra. I felt that was rushed completely and had too many plot holes.

I seriously felt that comic was the worst one so far and the way they just randomly say Sombra’s “name” was not really what I expected.

2 Likes

While Searching doesn’t do Sombra much justice (near everything she does is kinda stupid unless she intends for them to find her; which her greeting line does suggest) I feel it’s overall plot is fine & is actually thematically really strong - especially in terms of character writing.
There’s no actual plot holes (maybe contrivances) & I wouldn’t even argue that it’s rushed; with the usual timescale of their comics they managed to tell one of the most complete stories in the Overwatch canon - which is probably why it feels rushed or badly paced.

It’s meant to facilitate the beginning of Zarya’s growth & to reflect the differences & strengths of both humans & Omnics, & that it does very well.
It’s also meant to show us some things about Sombra, Zarya & Lynx as characters rather than progress any kind of plot…
(Which is somewhat problematic, especially as that’s what we were led to expect from such a sequel-comic.)

While the actual action is terrible & the base plot somewhat contrived, the act of Zarya & Lynx adopting the “human approach” is hugely thematically relevant & is meant to show the benefits of hard work & perseverance - that Lynx doubts in parallel with their feelings about Zarya as a whole.

Lynx’s abilities got them to the place they needed to be & are also given their moments to shine. Them only getting them so far also serves to show the power of community; basically all of Dorado refuse to admit they know who Sombra is to suggest that they actually respect her somewhat.

Lynx getting them that far makes them better than pretty much every other hacker on the planet xD.
Also, Lynx is predominantly there to be a foil to Zarya’s attitude & preconceptions & does so superbly I feel. I have very little to say on Lynx except that they’re excellent. I will fight you on that one if I have to :stuck_out_tongue:
(I don’t wanna fight tho!)

Alejandra’s childlike admiration of heroism might blind her to the actual good Sombra has done for their community & even just that could be enough for her to feel it necessary to give away Sombra’s name.

Zarya whispering Sombra’s name I assume is for effect; she knows that knowing Sombra’s name would absolutely shake her, so even whispering it will unsettle her.
Sombra values information above all & especially doesn’t want the world knowing who she is - this is an emotional struggle rather than a physical one at it’s heart.
It also kinda doesn’t matter as no-one would have heard her either way, so I feel it’s used as a kind of power play by Zarya - if she can whisper her name, what could she shout aloud?

Again, Zarya learning her name is either meant to show the power of human connection & perseverance beyond the distribution of information that Sombra can control…or Sombra meant for them to learn something about her.
She seems shocked at Zarya knowing her name so that doesn’t seem to work, but she definitely seems to have wanted them to find her eventually - most likely reason is to replace Zarya as her new “friend” or to at least have a new source for information.

In terms of plot & action, I will agree that it has it’s flaws.
But in terms of character development & growth and the exploration of themes, I’d argue it’s the best Overwatch comic there is.

#1 - Masquerade
#2 - Wasted Land
#3 - Searching
#4 - A Better World

If you ask me anyway :stuck_out_tongue: also Sombra is best-girl :smiley:

1 Like