So In Dorado there is a street called Colomar?

I dunno. Sombra seemed pretty well off in her introduction video despite being an orphan. She had her own room, desk, computer, and snacks so she was probably taken in by relatives. I suppose it’s possible that she was in an orphanage, but I don’t know of any that give every kid their own room and computers. That said, she probably did stop by the bakery often enough. She seems quite fond of it.

1 Like

You got her name c:

I agree! Which is why I associated her with the bakery maybe possibly knowing her since then as bakery makes bread so I thought maybe since then she had some sort of connection. Not blood related of course but she somehow must have been involved c:

1 Like

My headcanon is that Olivia Colomar is a fake name Sombra gave to Alejandra to trick Zarya. Otherwise Sombra just seems really stupid in the comic :frowning: I don’t think the name Olivia Colomar suits her well, but people are saying it’s a reference :joy:

3 Likes

I feel this way as well. The issue is her Archives icon saying “Colomar” Unless of course, that is going to be the only last name we ever get mentioned from her thus making it the only canon last name we have of her?

Yeah I don’t like her name either. Olivia is meh and her last name Colomar does come from some strange game involving the day of the dead I think? I just find it that, if her last name is a reference, then maybe it shouldn’t be taken too seriously as her “real last name” c: I mean, unless Chu makes it this way but…meh.

1 Like

I saw someone on reddit saying that Olivia Colomar might be her mother’s name or another relatve’s name. That would make the last name canon and explain the icon. I would be fine with that. Just don’t maker her first name Olivia, I really dislike the name Olivia. :joy:

Yeah I think it was a mash up of two character’s names. Olivia Ofrenda and Mercedes Colomar.

1 Like

I feel you friend lol She looks more like a Carmen? Maybe I dunno something cooler xD

1 Like

Not sure how I’d feel about Sombra being a Carmen, but I do like something in style of Teresa, Alicia or Emilia. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Judging by Sombra’s shock at Zarya having learnt her name, it seems it is her name & it should be obvious why she doesn’t like anyone knowing such.
The comic will be a genuine waste if it was another fake name - Sombra already doesn’t make much sense in Searching as it is.
What does giving Zarya a fake name even achieve?

“I don’t like this name” isn’t exactly decent criticism of anything, especially something so innocuous. She’s more widely known & referred to as Sombra so who cares?

& personally her name fits her very well, it’s not like her real name is going to be thematically relevant or anything. She’s still the exact same person whether she’s actually called Carmen, Teresa, Alicia, Emilia or Olivia.

Maybe call for better improvements to the story-telling rather than wanting a name change for someone who is barely referred to by that name because you just dislike the name itself…? :slight_smile:

It could be equally shocking to hear Zarya mention her mother’s name. Sombra seems stupid in the comic because she is supposed to be this incredible hacker whose real identity is unknown. But then Zarya comes along with Lynx 17 and they find out her real name and location.

It’s just an opinion, no one is saying “oh i dont like this name, change it!”. And it just happends to be my opinion that I personally dislike the name Olivia. I’m not telling anyone to change it, as stated before it is my headcanon that that is not her real name. And I have the right to have that headcanon. It’s not criticism, it’s an opinion. :slightly_smiling_face:

Given Sombra’s core motivation & intent regarding her not wanting anyone to know who she is…it’s pretty obvious how someone actually learning her name is as impactful as it is. No, her mother’s name wouldn’t have had the same effect, c’mon.

If Zarya whispered her mother’s name at her instead of her own, Sombra would be chuckling hard xD never mind that that’s making the story far more needlessly complicated, especially when who Sombra’s mother is hasn’t been indicated to be important or even particularly relevant to Sombra herself.

No-one who matters in the world has found out up until this point, then the world’s next-best hacker finds her hometown & their war-hero accomplice proves the strength of determination & perseverance by knocking on doors & actually connecting with real people to get information.
Sombra is foiled by two highly skilled people who put in tons of effort, they don’t just stumble across her. It’s only really the final encounter scene that is super contrived that serves to make Sombra look stupid.

But ever think it’s maybe trying to show that Sombra isn’t perfect?
She’s human just like the rest of us after all. The comic proves that she does actually care emotionally about something & has genuine personal flaws; y’know like a real character.
Or it’s trying to demonstrate that while information is synonymous with power; no one person can control it all?

You genuinely seemed to be saying that they should change it because you hate the name, or making up massive contrivances in order to change the most banal detail of a character while ruining the actual emotional conflict that was actually present.
But OK fine, of course keep your headcanon…I will still have criticisms of your opinion. I guess it really doesn’t matter either way. :slight_smile:

Or maybe you are taking what I am saying and adding your own interpretation onto it, twisting my words. You have the right to your opinion as I have the right to mine. No need to make a huge deal out of it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If i misunderstood you I’m sorry, I was trying to argue why your interpretation doesn’t seem to make sense. I also don’t see where I twisted your words or misrepresented you.
I just felt it was worth discussing, so yeah never mind :slight_smile:

1 Like

You were making it seem like I had the objective to make someone change the name. That was not my intention at all and I personally don’t feel like I expressed myself in that way. However, you might feel differently. The intention of my posts were to have some casual conversations. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That actually got me chuckling lol xD I wish she did now! Just so that they could have gotten wrong information and Sombra would be like “Yo, seriously? LOL” I think that would have shown great light on Sombra haha

1 Like

Ahhhh - lay - hahn - droe