So I'm *still* seeing pro 2-2-2 develop anti-2-2-2 threads

Great idea! Lets make the smurfing issue worse.

10/10

2 Likes

Which is why I replied “not knowing what vocal majority means”.

People just use it because some content creators started using it, and they incorporated it on their vocabulary without giving meaning to the word. It’s a lot like “gamesense” that have different meaning depending on who you ask about it.

I explained what it means after that for public service.

Exactly. LFG was a flawed system from the very start.

So where do the leftover DPS players go?
As long as you can’t convince Tanks and Supports to play in an inferior 4/1/1 comp (even though they wouldn’t have a problem to find a 2/2/2, 1/3/2 or 3/3 group) DPS players would get the short end of the stick.

Blizzard designs the systems. The failures of the systems are on Blizzard.

LFG probably would never be that great (Prior to the official LFG you had several unofficial attempts at making some lesser versions of it none of which took off or were designed to do that much which suggests the demand was lacking) but, it probably could have been a bit better.

Many of the people initially brought into LFG/leading LFG groups aren’t the type of people you necessarily want to group with. If LFG had been around at launch, you might have had a better ratio of people with sticks to people without sticks but doing it as late as they did makes it harder.

LFG for example might have been workable by temporarily splitting it in half with the players that had used LFG being put in one section and the players that had never used it be put in another. Put incentives on the mode for the players that have never used it to bring people in at least temporarily. Then, combine the two and swap to a lesser incentive.

The purpose of the temporarily separate mode is to protect the existing LFG players from the people that are just doing it for the rewards that have never used LFG before and to protect the new players to LFG from some of the less lovely people that currently use LFG.

1 Like

What is the point of this thread?

I like 2-2-2.

You don’t.

You keep making anti-2-2-2 threads.

Pro 2-2-2 players who want to respond to your threads will.

Welcome to a public forum.

5 Likes

The thread here you used as an example was mainly talking about qp

And the thread right here the op later admitted that 222 isnt the problem its the meta that formed after it since the game hasnt yet been balanced for 222

3 Likes

I agree actually, I’m just saying OP can’t have it both ways. Either both systems are blizzard/community’s fault or neither are.

1 Like

Playing with your own alt account that doesn’t have manipulated SR/MMR isn’t smurfing though.

1 Like

I think you’re in over your head.

Nothing is perfect. There is no such thing as 100% of the playerbase using LFG because of toxicity.

ERGO, those who would use LFG would have an open spot. It merely takes being nice. Thats it.

It kills it for weaker streamers without a good streamer personality and upstart DPS looking to grow viewers. Yet players like Surefour are getting 4k people just hanging out for 15+ min between queues. Harbleu pulls 3.4k at 2am mid week as a tank player.
Iddqd has almost 2k as I type this out. Decent streamers can still make coin off OW.

As for the OP. LFG isn’t an equal same-same for 222 + per role SR + game hopefully balanced for 222. The biggest issues we have right now is DPS queue and blizzard STILL being slow to patch away from the anti 3-3 balance and focus on 222

If blizzard can get a bit better balance and do so faster, bringing queue times down as more play tanks if Orisa balanced, 222 isn’t really a big deal. I don’t understand the rant like posts over it when we have not even seen one true 222 balance patch yet, never mind say 5-6

I’ve seen a few people crossing from pro RoleQ to anti RoleQ. I saw way more go from anti RoleQ to pro RoleQ whenever it went live, though, so I’m not sure that a handful of people changing their minds in the opposite means a whole lot.

3 Likes

you cant have 2 sessions of overwatch open at the same time, one will dissconect

“A few”.

Try A LOT bud.

1 Like

There is a difference between “imperfect” and completely unusable.
At least in my region LFG was completely dead a few month after it’s release.

And I can’t even blame people for not using it.
“No open profile? Get out!”
“High playtime on Off-META hero? Get out!”
Lost 1 or 2 games? Half the team leaves and you have to form or find a new group.

Using it was a pain in the A and the advantages of using it never outweighed the disadvantages.

Just to name a few:

• long time to find a group
  • long 6-man Qs
  • your 6-man random team matched against a coordinated 6-man team that plays together on a regular base
  • no global role lock
  • no separate role SR
  • no balancing around 2/2/2

Yes, you can.

1 Like

iddqd, currently queuing WITH A TANK (so don’t even throw that out there people), is waiting about 15 minutes to find a match. For multiple matches.

Sorry, if that isn’t completely broken then I don’t know what is.

2 Likes

So, you basically proved my point that its the communities fault for not using LFG in your region. Ok.
YOU still could use LFG.

2nd, you’re still in over your head. Toxicity exists, but doesn’t make the game “completely unusable”, but not making it perfect.

This did ABSOLUTELY NOT APPLY in QP. People play QP to have fun, not try hard. So what if they lose? They would probably laugh about it!

Comp is different. If the day is bad, the most the group will do is try again tomorrow and take a break. They wouldn’t rage about it.

All I’m drawing from your posts is that you’re an anti-social individual who doesn’t realize the damage done by RQ. It strictly limits all players, preventing inflexibility.

Is it really the communities fault that they don’t want to use a “feature” that makes playing the game a really bad experience?

And yes, I could have created a group.
And I could have waited half an hour for someone to join, just to wait again as soon as the group inevitably falls apart after a short time.

I decided to simply play the game instead of wasting my time.

At least in my - and the overwhelming majority of my friends - opinion the game has gotten much better with Role Q.
Sure, there are some downsides too, but a very wise person once told me that:

I don’t have a problem to deal with longer Q times and not being able to run 4/1/1 comps in exchange for a better matchmaking quality and always getting to play the role I want without screwing over my team.

You might want to do yourself a favor and simply make your peace with Role Q, cause I am pretty certain that it has come to stay :wink:

2 Likes

Actually, yes. It does. They asked for it and they received it. This is from the local minority. You’re part of it it seems.

Yeah… you could have created a group. Instead you decided to be ignorant like the rest of us and think its “OK” to force something on the casuals they didn’t want.

The 0.000001%, meanwhile, a margin greater than 50% of casuals dislike RQ.

Get off my thread you hypocrite.

The last time I tried to use LFG I decided to give up after nearly 30 minutes of waiting because I wasn’t able to find a 2nd Tank. And I am neither a GM player nor especially picky about my teammates.

But thank you for enlightening me about how LFG failed because of my ignorance.

Damn. Made up numbers.
Guess I can’t argue with that. I am out - you win.

Enjoy the game :wink:

1 Like

In this case it was especially funny, as every bit of proof you can find shows the pro 2-2-2ers outnumber the anti 2-2-2ers

3 Likes