So...Echo isn’t Hero 31 either

she is 100% blizzcon i feel like blizzard need to develop her story with a cinematic

I mean, Echo stole the show last Blizzcon really, I don’t think it’d be a good idea to make her the focal point this Blizzcon

1 Like

I mean jeff said they need to develop her story more and we didnt see a comic yet so???

He might’ve meant internally, and then release comics/cinematics for her after she was added

Omg I just googled Echo, such an ugly and gross looking robot, never put that in game please.

How do you delete someone else’s comment? :smile:

8 Likes

Sure you didn’t end up finding a wireless home automation device shaped like a fat puck? Echo doesn’t look great, exactly, but she doesn’t look “gross” by any stretch.

bet they’ll draw her release out until all excitement is gone

YOU CANT UNFORTNATELY ATLEAST I DONT THINK SO (searches how to delete someone elses comment)

The original concept for Echo (When her name was Iris) didn’t mention anything about healing. It did mention a shield though.

Echo is a very important piece of OverWatch story or vs Talon.
Bet it’s only on Blizzcon.

echo doesn’t look anything like a tank.

1 Like

This isn’t a surprise, maybe only to those hoping she’s gonna be a tank (lol) and is gonna be the next hero.

If you listen to the interview, the guy says the same thing Jeff mentioned at Blizzcon - although they WANT her to be a hero EVENTUALLY, it doesn’t seem like they have even started working on her yet. So Blizzcon would be THE EARLIEST opportunity to reveal her, but I won’t be surprised if she’s a hero for next year.

D.VA outside of a tank doesn’t look like a Tank hero as well.
I’d be very happy if she comes out as a support/tank hybrid.

But D.va was never shown by herself without her Mech when she was revealed. That was a core part of the design. Echo in her original concept and in her appearance in McCree’s short as a very gentle and kind looking omnic looks like everything BUT a Tank. Her chances of being a tank are very, very slim.

Her first teaser in Hanamura,
Her portrait,
Her cinematic,
Her pilot mode.

Many of her design is based on her looking like a fragile little doll.
Her tank is usually a tool for her to fight in.

I wish smth like that on Echo as well.
But not a FULL on tank, smth like a hybrid though.

1 Like

You want her to also pilot a mech?

Anyway I don’t believe she’s gonna be a tank, but if you keep dreaming about that it’s fine. :slight_smile: I think you’re gonna get disappointed though.

Nah… not so much as a pilot, but a shape-shifiting android.
Like the Terminator from Terminator 2: Judgement Day
I think that’ll look cool!

Since they apparently haven’t even started working on her, we can only guess what the final hero could look like.

But judging from the things we have available - the old concept art and the Reunion short - I think she could be a support based on shields, a la Symmetra 1.0, although being an actual support who has some sort of shielding abilities which we currently don’t really have in the game since Sym became a real DPS.

Yeah… I have a weird gut feeling that she’s going to be smth along the lines of hero 35 or 36…

I don’t think Blizz wants to add afore-mentioned characters into champs.
Look at the mess with Brigitte…

I think the next few are going to be random as characters LOL