So Deadlock was founded in 1976

There was a UK cartoon called Deadlock released in 1976… So that tattoo is probably an inside joke. Since the cartoon was so stupid, it was about digging the hole from one side of the earth to the other.

The current iteration of the Deadlock gang was formed from three existing gangs, no? It is therefore possible that at least one of those gangs formed in the 1970’s.

Not cannon. Plenty of heroes have skins that are just random, Like Junker D.va

Wait, isnt Ashe just the leader? Where does it specifically say she was the founded?

Didn’t they take the 1976 off the Deadlock logo?

But Ashe is deliberately wearing a “Deadlock Rebel” jacket

so is B.O.B
1 Like

Her father was a businessman.

Dang it. Well something is doesn’t add up. Either they messed up the name Rebels - > Gang or there is something going on.

My take is that there were Deadlock Rebels that Ashe was part of, it fell apart and she found and runs the Deadlock Gang as an off shoot of what she used to be a part of.

1 Like

We don’t k is that for certain. What if Junker Dva at one time went to Junker Town (or part of a later story she will be a part of)?

have you done anything to earn anyone’s respect to be disrespected?

You say you know 1976? No, it’s not the one you know. It’s a different 1976. This 1976 went to another school, you wouldn’t know her… she’s, uh, Canadian.

1 Like

On her bio page and they also apparently said it at Blizzcon.

There are no mentions of any afiliation with deadlock on Torbs wiki and no junker on D.vas. And with D.va being only 19 there is not much room for her to have a hidden past as a junk-mech champion.

This whole 1976 deadlock is probably just another miss by the lore team. Would not be the first and will sadly not be the last.

1 Like

Lame, it’d be more interesting if ashe was a vampire.

The year 1976 on the tattoo is probably one of the devs birth years they snuck in there as a nod to themselves. I honestly don’t understand why people get worked up about something you had to squint just to see.

That doesn’t mean those details won’t come out some time in the future and the skins were just a teaser for them.

I mean I doubt it but it’s possible.

Her bio says:

Along with the other three founders of the Deadlock Gang, Ashe started to make a name for herself with bigger and more extravagant heists.”

So she is a founder, and it is the Deadlock Gang, not Deadlock Rebels. Either her story is wrong or her jacket is wrong. Or Deadlock Gang = Deadlock Rebels and we’re back to the time being wrong.

2 Likes

Yup. Basically. Though I am more inclined to believe it’s just the timestamp on that one skin that’s wrong rather than the other parts of the lore being wrong.

It just makes more sense, considering it’s the logo that was altered.

Maybe she’s using the technology that makes Mercy stay young forever despite her shown being with some of the founding members of Overwatch.

That awkward moment when even the scraps of lore you release have to be retconned constantly…
Now we have to explain everything with “cryostasis” and “nanomachines, son!”.
The lore department of this francise is a joke.

1 Like