So Deadlock was founded in 1976

I’ll just leave this here.

3 Likes

The plural is still Moose. Like Fish or Deer.

Not a vampire. A homunculus.

1 Like

Still a myth

1 Like

Reformed the group and they just used the name?

You would think it would be undeniable, you would think. And yet, so many people can’t seem to accept she is a founding member.

1 Like

is this really that big of a deal?

cryo freeze is a thing

Not in 1976

I don’t think it was a mistake and can easily explained in various ways:

They took up the name, establishing a new gang but taking the name as their own.

Overwatch’s timeline is all over the place, past, present, future, so who knows at what point in time any of that actually happened?

It could just be a happy accident, maybe Blizz will respond but who knows :slight_smile:

New conspiracy: Ashe and Mercy are sisters and Mercy made Ashe immortal??? :scream:

Quality writing died with Blizzard North.

Is…is this a meme? Because you are not entitled to any form of apology. Not even one bit.

The Deadlock Rebels and the Deadlock Gang seem to be two different entities?
I honestly don’t know. Maybe they just overlooked it, maybe its something else

I thought she was the leader, not the founder

She’s both a founding member and the current leader.

2 Likes

I don’t see why people are making this such a big deal? No one really cared about the exact year deadlock was founded or who founded it. Imagine thinking the entire overwatch story has already been figured out by blizz. Of course there’s gonna be retcons, it’s inevitable with how complex the story is. The story team didn’t like the direction the story was going in so they changed a couple details (that no one paid attention to in the first place) to make the interaction between ashe and mccree more interesting

1 Like

I honestly don’t mind that it was changed. I just would like an acknowledgment when things change to make it easier to keep up with and keep fans on the same page.

Just look at all the people who don’t know Ashe is a founder.

Mercy and Tracer have been confirmed to age like normal people more than once by Michael Chu, and Mercy doesn’t even look younger than other characters her age. Look, Ash is 39. She doesn’t look older than Mercy…

Ashe was in her late teens or early twenties when she formed deadlock. Ashe would be about 60 years old if Overwatch was set in 2018.