So Deadlock was founded in 1976

Your question assumes he’s a great writer.

1 Like

How could you make such an ignorant and uninformed comment. Of course Bigfoot exists!

Also, Mercy does age. People keeping thinking she’s as old as Ana and a founding Overwatch member.

The team has already confirmed she’s in her 30s and not immortal. She just looks youthful whether because it’s the future and less wrinkles or she does use her biotic tech to at least slow down the effects of her aging.

Okay, is there any other source stating that Deadlock were founded in 1976, except for McCree’s tattoo?

I mean, do you really take a TATTOO as a source of lore?
One, McCree isn’t the brightest guy out there, he could’ve made a mistake.
Two, like it’s been mentioned already, it’s possible that 1976 is a year of birth of someone from the developer team.
Three, it’s a TATTOO. You can tattoo anything you want, whatever you decide to get for yourself doesn’t have to be historically accurate.
Four, you can only find the said tattoo on one of McCree’s skin, right? As far as I know, Orisa wasn’t created to be a defender of forests, Zenyatta isn’t a Nutcracker, and Doomfist doesn’t lurk in the muddy waters.

And as it comes to “retcon” stuff - even now you can erase or change a tattoo without problems, guess that in 2070s it’s going to get much easier.

2 Likes

Yeah but this skin is his Blackwatch skin - which is his canon appearance during the events at Rialto. Same with Genji, Moira and Reaper for that event, and S76’s Strike Commander, and the 2 young Ana skins (forget their names). Most skins aren’t canon or lore-friendly, but this is one of the ones that was meant to be.

I do agree with the rest, though. It’s possible the year could have been a number thought up by the Blizzard artist who designed the tattoo, and not OK’d by the lore team.

2 Likes

I wish there was an answer to this already. It could be a few things, really, but I think it is such an annoying oversight.

If it was an artist taking liberty than I accept that. I just hope it isn’t retconned silently. I don’t think it’ll go away.

1 Like

It’s possible that Deadlock was almost phased out and Ashe basically revived it and is now considered a founding member of the gang.

this has to be it right? its either this or a mistake lol so ill go with this.

Deadlock may have been originally founded in 1976. Ashe could have taken over at some point and founded the new Deadlock Gang. It’s the same with Talon. Talon existed way before it’s current ownership.