So Deadlock was founded in 1976

Not really, “along with” doesn’t exactly mean she founded it and based on her story it sounds like mcree brought her in

In that sentence, “other,” means “in addition to,” and on top of that they describe her further exploits in a leadership capacity.

McCree’s involvement is in a separate paragraph, and his bio page lists him only as a member.

1 Like

Its how you interpret it, the bio doesn’t exactly say shes a founder and with her lore with mcree i dont really see it honestly

Wait. How do we know that dealock was founded in 1979?

It does say exactly that she’s a founder. It is abundantly clear, she is listed with the other founders and is the one with the most prominence. Meanwhile, McCree is explicitly listed as a member of the gang in his own bio page.

1 Like

McCree’s tattoo in his blackwatch skin said Deadlock est. 1976

There were no Omnic in the 70’s and we saw her with BOB as a child.

2 Likes

Ashes to Ashe’s
Dust to B.0.B
I blame Mei’s cryo tech.

1 Like

He has time to figure it out. We have, what, another few months until the next short, maybe a surprise comic after like a year, and the next character in like February. I imagine they can squeeze in retcon #76.

Attention gamers:
Just because a group is CREATED at a certain date does not mean the current LEADER was the LEADER at it’s creation. Someone founded Nintendo over a hundred years ago, that doesn’t mean the 2018 Nintendo president was there a hundred years ago

Deadlock was founded by other people who are probably dead or very old at the current time in the game

1 Like

It states in Ashe’s bio that she’s a founding member, in addition to three others.

Well melt my snowcone, tie a knot in my knickers and call me Jello Puddin, I guess they made an oopsie :joy:

h ttps://i.gyazo.com/563ecc026c6c02228ffd7b7e3a2b9346.jpg

so to whomever said they changed his tattoo, you appear to be mistaken
this is on the ptr, i just checked the live version as well where it’s there. am i missing something tho?

manic im not gonna lie your sounding manic what if they just based it off of some older gangs name…

h ttps://i.gyazo.com/a23b3a97452191716e5a1b464b2851aa.jpg

took a clearer image
this on the PTR, but i can take another on live if anyone wants

McCree is also a founding member, I’m guessing 1976 is some in-joke that’s a reference to something else.

You’re right it’s just the logo that changed, good catch.

oh did the logo in the gang hideout also have the date on it? i was under the impression that only mccree’s tattoo ever did–honestly i thought it was some obscure reference to a movie or something
i suppose it could also just be another iteration of the deadlock gang, or even some date that’s significant beyond its creation. maybe a date that inspired it somehow? idk just seems like a bit of a stretch to call it a retcon already

Wow, I didn’t expect this post to get much attention. It was mostly written in a fit of anger at the lore team. :sweat_smile:

That being said, the fact that we are having to argue over what the details are is proof to me that the writing team has done a bodge-job of creating this lore.

However. If you think that Ashe didn’t found it, you are wrong. I quote, from the panel with Chu,

“and so she convinced a young Jesse McCree and two other nameless people here to found the Deadlock gang”

From the horse’s mouth people. I don’t make the rules :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

It’s not the first time Chu screws up. In Mei animated short, she woke up fron crio-freeze, while in her bio, it says she was found still frozen. Looks like writing team doesn’t do their own homework anymore, quite sad

3 Likes