So Deadlock was founded in 1976

Ashe is clearly a vampire. White hair? Red eyes? And her first name is Elizabeth, which could be a reference to the real life Countess Elizabeth Bathory, a noblewomen who was one of the most prolific serial killers in history who drank the blood of her victims with the belief that it would grant her eternal life. It’s widely believe the myth of vampirism started with her.

2 Likes

Are you sure? :rofl:
Cowboys are like Bigfoot, or the Lochness Monster, or Moose…they are on tv and all, but they don’t exist.

I cant tell if youre being sarcastic or not? cuz if not i feel sorry for you

Apparently they removed the “Est. 1976” from the Deadlock insignia.

Idk why but the whole retcon just rubs me the wrong way, especially since both McCree and Ashe are assumed to have been teenagers when making a powerful western gang.

I think it would’ve been better if they just had McCree and Ashe in the already established gang. There was really no need for them to have founded it.

2 Likes

You do know that the wild west outlaw cowboys all ended in the earlier part of the 1900’s right? McCree and Ashe that is what they are portraying.

People wearing cowboy hats now are just ranchers that don’t deal well with change.

In an age where a predator drone can find a dude in the middle of a desert on another continent, common sense should tell you there are no more outlaw cowboys. :slight_smile:

I grew up in Alberta, Canada. I can tell you with certainty that Cowboys exist. :]

5 Likes

I like the way you think👌

1 Like

Shouldn’t this have been posted in story discussion?

But mooses are a myth. They don’t exist. We managed to fool the entire world into thinking mooses actually exist.

Some fancy photoshopping :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They may not exist in the wild west anymore, but it’s strange to jump from that to them not existing at all.

There are plenty of cowboys, some of them are most definitely criminals evading the law. The things outlaws get away with and the culture surrounding them has changed with the times but they are no less cowboys for it.

Why would the developers remove the established date it made no difference to the lore. They had to spend money to do that.

In addition, it is Ashe’s description that heavily implies McCree is a founder of Deadlock. However, his own lore page hasn’t been updated to reference Ashe at all yet. On there he’s just a member.

There has obviously been some shift in the lore. It wouldn’t be the first time Blizzard has done that. What that shift is precisely we can’t know until they comment but the most obvious answer is that they removed the establish date because it is now incorrect.

When did they say she founded it? Maybe shes just the current leader

Meanwhile, back in 1976

1 Like

On her bio page…

can you link it? the official playoverwatch page for her doesn’t even mention dead lock

nvm didn’t see the “story” tab, and it still doesn’t say she started the gang. The closest it does to this is saying “Along with the other three founders of the Deadlock Gang” which is kinda vague if you try to connect it with her being a founder

Yes, it does, click story.

But a chance meeting with a local ruffian, named Jesse McCree, and an impromptu string of crimes committed together opened her eyes to her true calling. The satisfaction of outwitting her targets and the thrill of getting away with it set her on the outlaw path.

Along with the other three founders of the Deadlock Gang, Ashe started to make a name for herself with bigger and more extravagant heists.

The answer is obvious. Time travel.

1 Like

i already addressed everything in this comment 2 minutes ago

Um, that sentence is not vague. It clearly reads that she founded the gang with three other people. It is vague about McCree’s role in the gang’s founding, but not Ashe.

1 Like