So Ball was nerfed, why?

Look, I get that the developers hate tanks, and want to do everything in their power to stop people playing tank. So why not just remove the tanks from the game instead of breaking every tank bit by bit?

4 Likes

Because they also buffed him

21 Likes

Where can I find out how he was buffed? (Although I’ve noticed that the spread on the primary fire seems a little tighter now).

10 Likes

Thanks, but that’s pretty crap. I know how to use adaptive shield, Ball’s primary function is to escape fast from spawn and contest the point. Hmmm … so ball is more brawl now. Just … why …? Also, minefield has been nerfed somehow, maybe the pop-up delay has been increased.

3 Likes

Is it?

I thought he was a disruptive dive tank?

27 Likes

Balls primary function is to annoy and disrupt like tracer does. He isn’t supposed to just be a last ditch effort stall hero like low ranks use him for. Rolling around the point nonsensically is actually one of the least optimal ways to play the hero. Outside of last second stalling on DEFENSE that play style is useless.

Best way I can describe balls real play style is a combination of doomfist with disrupting, and tracer with the flank distraction assassin kinda thing.

11 Likes

Bull was buffed. His shielding is now more reliable. Big buff. His mines no longer clump together and are more reliable. Big buff.

The grapple from spawn literally only negatively impacts stalling and contesting which was an unintending aspect of his kit that he was far too effective at.

This is a net buff, and a sizeable one too.

14 Likes

Because he was contesting to easily. Also his compensation buffs were worth it, that new ultimate is much nicer

Lol, ball is a lot more than just a stall tool…

1 Like

i think its so that ball doesn’t overshadow other tanks in certain niches

think of it this way, when you can only have one tank per team and ball is objectively the best pick for getting out of spawn and back to the fight because of his rollouts - doesn’t that create a weird pressure to pick ball over literally every other tank even if he doesn’t fit with the team comp?

it feels really weird to have no grapple in spawn because weve been used to it for so long, but weve also kind of accepted that ball is the go-to best pick for rushing back to point. it would probably feel more natural to newer players.

1 Like

Ball was buffed. 3 buffs against 1 nerf. The nerf was almost 100% to prevent 2cp stalling which people hate. There’s no greater pain in winning a fight on the last point only for the ball to come running out and because your team has at best 1 stun they stall long enough for their team to come out with ults or something

3 Likes

“thanks for telling me the facts but i’d rather cling on my theory that he’s nerfed, thanks”

2 Likes

Oh, it’s isn’t “crap” at all.

Ball mains should be really thankful for such major buffs, because the terribly - designed mess that is Hammond won’t be getting anymore of them anytime soon, 'till he’s finally reworked, that is.

Tf u got ads?!?!?!??

Oh phone nvm

Well, that mindset is exactly why they made the change. That should NOT be Ball’s primary function (and he is powerful other than people abusing that one angle, it just actually takes skill).

4 Likes

literally read the patch notes. He just got a huge overall buff.

1 Like

This is the problem, so they fixed it. If ball’s primary function is this one, they would not change it. So by fixing it, they indirectly state that it is not his intended usage to contest the point with cheap spinning on overtime. It’s that simple.

Most of the ones that complains are the people who liked to use the cheap stalling tactic. It’s harder for them to win without it, apparently. Thank god it’s removed.

1 Like

Then you should understand why having it not be interruptible and last longer is a pretty big buff.

This … is far from his “Primary” function. It was a tactic that a lot of people used him for and apparently not intended.

now if you use it in a tight space it’ll actually make the space dangerous instead of what it does commonly now and stick half the mines to the ceiling where nobody is going to touch them.

Most WB players don’t consider this a nerf.

So what they did was remove a cheap reason to swap to ball at the last second and buffed his survivability and Ult consistency. … as a WB player I likes it.

4 Likes

I don’t know of any aspect(s) of Ball’s design that can reasonably be described “terribly designed”