So are we admitting yet

In a game that’s mostly all about abilities, completely disabling an enemy’s abilities is definitely among the most powerful imo. Not only that but you can also take away health packs from the enemy.

I meant while being attacked.

1 Like

The counter play when you make them screw up/miss and then punish them for it. I don’t understand how people can’t seem to grasp this issue.

Players want to feel actions have play/counter play. When the reward has little to no risk the player base justifiably calls foul. Sombra needed more risk to reward for her stun and now we have it.

that’s all the “fun” term means in this context and all it ever has meant, the demand for better play/counter play and risk to reward balance. It’s why scatter is so busted and due for a rework and why I’m sure Brigs’ busted 5 second stun will be reworked being it lacks decent counter play.

3 Likes

lol Ah oh. (20 char)

And what’s that supposed to accomplish? Think for a moment, that ability to spam has been around for over a year and yet despite being “powerful” she actually has one of the lowest pickrates in the game. Exactly who did you think is supposed to benefit from it?

You have to come up with an actual reason, because right now, all you’re saying is that Sombra is nerfed just for the sake of nerfing her even tho she’s already the worst hero in the game.

The game is not about abilities. The abilities are only a tool that you use. The game itself is about strategy and out thinking your opponents. Game sense is everything. Example: a person with horrible game sense can hack all day long and be worthless to a team where a really good player can hack and make each one valuable. They are only tools and any skill can be powerful. But most skills inherent power are more powerful than hack because it either restricts their movement to zero, or it does significant damage, hers does neither. Hack is about disruption of enemy momentum in the game, not so much about individual heroes. She doesn’t do damage, she locks ability use for theoretically key moments. But that requires out thinking your opponent and trying to predict what they want to achieve, and once disrupted, hoping to god your team follows through.

She already has the highest skill floor in the game and loses more than she wins.

1. Sombra is a flanker, you should get behind the enemy where there is a very small chance a bullet will fly.

2. Water gun? Have YOU played Sombra?

3. I have played her. I have over 20h on her including PTR and arcade. I haven’t played her in Competitive but I know very well what she’s like.

Because she’s hard to play, is a situational pick, and relies too much on teamwork?

Tell that to a hacked Doomfist, Reinhardt, pretty much any hero who doesn’t have a really powerful primary attack.

1 Like

There’s that.

Then there’s reality, where Sombra’s changes were to get her into the team fight and away from the outskirts so every push wasn’t 5 v 6. So now in every team fight with bullets flying everywhere, lazers, projectiles, Moira orbs, her hack is permanently on a 2s cool down and all you can hope to do is spray her inaccurate gun into a crowd. Or go back to the outskirts, losing the ability to help in a team fight, and also lose the ult pack charge, ending up worse off where she started.

Seems legit.

Apparently people like you think her gun is on par with the damage output of Mccree, Soldier, and Reaper and Hack is just a “fun little extra bonus” and not the entire make up of her character’s use.

2 Likes

what?

who says it was a fail?

she is still being played in OWL… aslong ppl do that, everyone will say “shes fine”.
no one cares about tracer being a must-pick in OWL.

Everyone, both non-Sombra players as well as Sombra players can agree that using Hack through walls and through abilities like Reinhardt’s Barrier Field was really unfair. I’m a Sombra player and I’m glad that cheesy unintended feature is gone. The main argument that people are making is that the nerfs to Sombra’s LOS to fix this issue were utterly lazy and rushed. Sombra is ridiculously buggy and she needs these bugs fixed.

2 Likes

This is the same argument Mercy players were using when she got a cast time on her res. Sure, if you use the abilities whenever it’s not going to work. It’s not meant to be used whenever.

The LOS check stuff is buggy behaviour, no? Fixing that is not a “revert”

1 Like

pointing out a minority of characters, especially doomfist who sombra is supposed to be a hard counter, doesn’t prove your point. My point still stands. It is about strategy. Any person who chooses a more skill depend hero like doomfist, is weighing the risks involved in choosing him and believes that they can still out maneuver the opposing team. If he faces a counter, then it is up to the player to switch. But instead we demand a hero be nerfed because we don’t want to take the time to learn how to play against a hero we don’t like.

Yeah, but some heroes are entirely more anti-fun than others. Getting hacked by a Sombra holding right click until it works or frozen by the Chinese devil are far more frustrating then getting shot in the head by widow, for example.

Sombra came out before doomfist.
She was never designed to counter him lmao.

I just named 2 of the most obvious ones that’s why added that. I’m not going to name every hero she completely shuts down.

I’m talking about in a team fight on a small capture point where there is no “getting behind the enemies” because everyone is scattered around so no matter where you go someones infront of you in your LoS, I’m not talking about while someone is trying to push the point or something and there’s no real action going on.

In a team fight? Yes Sombra does have a water gun, in a team fight the people who need to be killed are being pocketed by supports so thats already a no for Sombra, if you try and kill Supports in a team fight there D.Va will fly right into you defense matrixing the Support and guess what I couldn’t hack that D.Va before because like I said, in a team fight in a small enclosed area having an ability that gets canceled by 1 damage from ANYWHERE is not the best ability.

If Sombra’s pickrate is so low than why did her pickrates sky rocket for the first 2 weeks she got buffed? Sure her hack was a bit unfair but she was actually viable, now someone blinking across you’re screen or barely getting behind the payload breaks your hack and McCree’s spit is flying everywhere so now you have to wait 2s before you can hack again… oh! okay no problem I’ll just shoot for those 2 seconds, okay let me try to hack again, oh no nevermind Moira just tossed a damage orb in the middle of the point, okay let me try again and this time I’ll get on the highground, oh wait the enemy team knows I’m on the high ground since my Translocator loves telling people where I’m going oh gosh darnet D.Vas shooting a bunch of salt grains at me, guess I’m just not gonna hack anyone.

In all that time where Sombra was trying to hack an important target and barely shooting someone in between, any other hero would’ve been more useful than her. Hack is the main aspect of Sombra’s kit and it shouldn’t be 90% luckbased and 10% let me try to get to some extremely magical spot that will make me use all my abilities just to hack someone so I can actually contribute to the fight.

2 Likes

We aren’t talking about cast time, we’re talking about a cool down from 1 hp of damage. If Mercy’s rez stopped mid use if she got hit with a stray bullet, there would be people screaming from the mountains.

Hack is Sombra’s bread and butter. She can’t do enough DPS on her own without it. Period. It’s her entire character’s use. What if Torb couldn’t build a sentry if he took 1 dmg? Or Sym stopped building a turret if she took 1 hp of damage? What if every time Rein went to throw Firestrike and took 1 hp of damage he dropped his arm in pain and it put it on a 2 second cool down?

Yeah. That’s Sombra.

The thing that makes her the most valuable and her entire point can’t be used in a team fight because there’s stuff flying all over the screen at all times.

1 Like

I would strong disagree about widow. A good widow complete shuts down an entire game. Sombra may shut down a character, but I have seen widows headshot every person who moves around a corner or is forced to move from a shield from her teammates harrassing us. Her shots kill, sombras hack doesn’t. Mei’s freeze stops you completely while damaging you (and now it penetrates to multiple targets) Sombra doesn’t. No one in the game has their ability cancelled by .01 damage beside sombra. Mei freezes multiple targets and it cant be stopped, sombra tries a hack and if you sneeze it is cancelled.

2 Likes

And while you’re getting behind them, a Tracer would have killed them five times over.

Have you? It takes her three to four seconds on average to make a kill and she has to keep her crosshair on the enemy the whole time. A 160dps gun may sound like a lot, but that’s only a little over 50dps in practice and she has no rocket or bomb as a followup.

And what is your assessment on how good you have to be on Sombra to be able to pick her over other flankers like Tracer and Genji?

[quote=“Equinox-22541, post:47, topic:67576”]
Because she’s hard to play, is a situational pick, and relies too much on teamwork?[/quote]

Yes, she’s the highest skill floor in the game, so high to the point that only pros can actually make her viable. That’s like saying a butterknife is just as strong as a katana, you just have to git gud.

Unfortunately, the way things are going it’s turning out that you actually need those to make hack even viable. Taking out the grace was essentially like removing the oversized hitboxes on projectile weapons.

4 Likes