So are we admitting yet

that Sombras nerf was unnecessary and based on knee jerk reactions?
Since Blizzard never reverts, we have to come up with compensation buffs to make up for it, while also keeping her “fun to play against”.

97 Likes

So are we admitting yet that a 2s cooldown when Hack is canceled is nothing and barely a nerf other than to those who don’t know how to play her properly and just hold right click until they manage to get lucky?

142 Likes

Since it apparently makes no difference then you wouldnt mind reverting it?

38 Likes

If Blizzard was reacting to knee jerk reactions then we would have more than one heroes nerfed.

6 Likes

That is not the nerf he is talking about I am sure. The new LoS checks are a complete joke that interrupt her hack for no reason.

Also, I don’t this concept. No hero should be “fun” to play against. Like, “hey guys, I just had fun getting frozen by mei and then icicled in the face!!!” Each skill is supposed to either boost the player or hurt the other side. What is fun about a junk trap or mcree stun, or widow one shot, or a hog hook??? it isn’t supposed to be fun! it’s your own dang fault for giving them the opening to use their skill.

22 Likes

No, we are not admitting that OP.

5 Likes

Normally I would agree, but since OWL was created…and they desparately want it to succeed. I fully believe that the sombra nerf was a knee jerk reaction to the pros because their (unwarranted) fear was a sombra must pick meta in the pros…even though we basically have a dive must pick meta that they seem fine with.

16 Likes

Thank you, this is my exact feeling regarding it as well. Of course there should be a CD if a hack is failed. Otherwise it’s going to be spam. That is what happened to Mercy as well.

1 Like

I didn’t say it makes no difference. I said it’s barely a nerf unless you hold right click non stop.

But hacking through walls was okay? They said they added multiple LoS checks so small objects like signs shouldn’t interrupt it. If that is broken then people should ask for a fix, not complain about the nerf.

7 Likes

Oh how fun it is if it’s the very same LoS check Roadhog’s hook has.

10 Likes

I only brought it up since Jeff mentioned that in his recent Interview. i also agree that its a joke of an argument.

Wall hacking is a different argument, one that I didn’t make. The new LoS checks cause breaking with no loss of LoS or damage. Also, signs do break the hack, despite their claimed intent. It makes her defining ability unreliable. You could be in a perfect position where a hack should be guaranteed and it will randomly fail because…well, no one seems to know. It just fails when it should succeed.

Hog has different checks than sombra. He has a great deal more leniency then hack considering he has hooked me when I was completely around a corner and her will literally pull me through a wall to himself.

5 Likes

I just re-read your first sentence, you’re right. But if the hack breaks when it shouldn’t then that’s a bug, not a nerf.

2 Likes

It may be a bug, but it is a nerf until it is fixed and so far, the devs have given no indication that they recognize the problem or when they will fix it.

2 Likes

How could they? I’ve seen no constructive post stating that the system isn’t working as intended and what the problem is, only complaining about “the nerf”.

1 Like

There is an entire thread dedicated to documented sombra bugs

2 Likes

Was it updated after the LoS patch?

h ttps://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/updated-list-of-sombra-bugs/44047

yes

2 Likes

Y’know I hate to be the guy to add insult to injury, but dealing with a decent Sombra is about as painful for a tank, as headbutting a wall over and over. Even now, after the nerfs, she can really be a pest.

1 Like

the whole game has been moving toward anti tank play because the devs fear a quad tank meta. Reaper and mei, especially mei, are much more menacing to tanks than sombra. Sombra doesn’t have the damage or sustain to harass tanks like other characters. Her hack is nice against them, but if it can’t be followed up, than it is a wasted hack, and lets be honest…Comp is not exactly…coordinated.

3 Likes