So about the new dps passive

Whats the lingering duration on that?
If it has no linger, then the passive is exponentially more useful on rapidfire dps heroes with large clip sizes as opposed to heroes with low rate of fire but high burst shots, such as Hanzo. (just primary not counting storm arrows.

If it does have a linger effect, does it have a cooldown until you can proc the debuff again? Or can you just chain dmg a character to keep the debuff constantly applied?
If its the ladder, this will be miserable for tank players.

2 Likes

Its 2 second linger.

1 Like

Yea they were very vague with the info. Either way, it’s a horrendous change that will once again be a lob sided effect on certain heroes. Tanks that don’t have “screw you I don’t die” buttons like fortify, take a breather, overdrive, and nemesis form? Welp good luck buddy.

But does it have a cooldown until it can be reapplied?

Likely no… As far as I can see

1 Like

Welp, i certainly wont play tank next season.

1 Like

this will make mercy pocketing less viable now

1 Like

Mercy dmg boost still allows to hit certain breakpoints. She will arguebly be better at offensive assist than before.

I wouldnt say tanks suffer as much as support

New dps passive? Can someone enlighten me please?

I am assuming as long as a player is hit and hit again within the two seconds it will continue to affect the enemy hero and will reset from the last hit for the two second duration. So, if you can avoid being again for more than two seconds then you can recover and heal. This seems to me the most obvious or intuitive way it works. Unless they do something weird like a cool down between reapplication like Brigitte’s Inspire, but I don’t think they would do that.

In season 9 dps will have a new passive which reduces healing received by 20% on a target youre shooting.

1 Like

9/10 it will just refresh, it’s the same scenario if say two ana’s in no limits throw an anti-nade. It will be three seconds after the second nade hits.

TLDR big buff for ashe and her dynamite.

Basically zero difference with with widow.

If the linger is 2 seconds, most heroes can reload and still keep the debuff going. Thats kind of bad designed imo. Bad enough that both dps can take turns to shoot the same target.

Ashe uses dynamite and has it up for 7 seconds lol

But at least that takes recourses to achieve. Youre sacrificing a cooldown for that.
Many heroes just need to hold M1.

These are the new passives replacing the currents ones for Season 9.

New all heroes passive:
Passively regenerate 20 health per second of not taking damage for 5 seconds.

New damage role passive:
Dealing damage reduces the target’s healing received by 20%.

Updated support role passive:
Will now begin regenerating health after 2.5 seconds.

Tank role passive:
Reduces knockback received. Less Ultimate charge generated by healing and damage received. Increased health in Role Queue game modes.

1 Like

Owch! I only play support and a bit of tank but it’s still a cool change

Thankyou for the information

1 Like

Personally, i think the linger cannot be longer than 1 second and there should be a 1 second cooldown until it can be reapplied.