So, about Reaper's lore

That’s funny but there hasn’t been any movement in the story for months, we’re going on 2 years now so I expected to have at least a steady amount of story content better than what we got during year 1. I’m not even sure what “as fast as we can” means at this point. Not to undermine the team but I expected a little more in the story department with how successful Overwatch has been. Is it taking a backseat because of Overwatch League? Is there even much of a reason at all why it’s taking so long? Would be much more understandable and nicer just to get a reason rather than “we’re moving as fast as we can”

9 Likes

You’re misunderstanding the real issue, it isn’t the amount of representation in the lore, it’s the amount of lore in general. There could be just as much Mercy in lore as there is Reaper in lore if they just make more but there isn’t much lore being made at all, get what I’m saying?

1 Like

At the end of May, it will have been 2 years since Overwatch was released. During that time, the narrative has not advanced an iota.

May I cast doubt that the Overwatch lore team is actually developing lore as fast as it possibly could? I’d dare say we even went backwards as far as things we knew due to Michael Chu’s retcons and clarifications.

3 Likes

I think because the next lore event is coming around next month, that might give us an idea of how the lore is advancing.

Wow. Kudos to you truly deep

No that was definitely out of character. Reaper would never express gratitude like that.

Thank you so much to the entire Overwatch team for giving us a true game story. :+1:

I’d be happy to just have an OW universe wiki or “bible” released. Doesn’t even have to be all short stories. Can just be times, dates, people, places. Fill things in when you can.

redeem reaper, bring him back to his friends

No don’t do that.
btw since reaper is F-tier hero we should at least get some lore stuff for him pretty soon. otherwise he would go lower than 0.3% pickrate.

"Moving as fast as we can"
OW has been around for 2 years
No actual progress in lore since Winston hit the recall

3 Likes

That is an amzing theory, also, I hate to say this but, Ana was ‘‘killed’’ in Ilios.
(read the comic, in one of the pages you can see a sign with Ilios on it)

Yeah gerald died at egypt.

speak for yourself.

Blizzard, Release a full 2 hour OW movie please ! :stuck_out_tongue:

That is because I am but a servant of Reaper, a minion devoted to following the path he took so long ago. It would be heresy for me to try and consider myself equal to Reaper. It is impossible for me to be like Reaper, for Reaper is beyond Humanity, he has ascended to immortality and undeath. I am flawed, but he isn’t. So my entire existence is simply inferior to that of Reaper, and I am merely trying my best to follow his teachings, for I have been chosen to carry out his deeds in this strange place you call Official Overwatch Forum.

2 Likes

Reaper and 76 is the main 2 characters of overwatch… They have a lot of lore… I wish blizz plans to make a theatre ready animated movie to tell these lore… Or a live action movie will also be good …featuring Tom Cruise as young soldier 76 will be more than enough to make it a world wide hit

LOL. Tom cruise might work as old soldier 76 not young.
Beside video games movies never work. they should instead make a 2 hours animation same style as animated shorts. that would be much better.

2 Likes

If there is a live action overwatch movie… It could be in 2 parts… 1st part history of overwatch… 2nd part present… So cast of 76 should be like this who can do both old and young version perfectly and Tom Cruise is perfect for that… Also unlike other games overwatch has a strong story potential… Omnic crisis ,heroes of the future… Kinda like age of ultrón… One of the highest grossing movies… So a overwatch movie will go all well

No warcraft with 100 books of lore and story couldn’t work. overwatch still doesn’t have a single lore book.

It would be generic action movie that nobody wants to see. although maybe 10 years from now it works but right now nope.

Dont compare it to warcraft…superheroes with super villains is what attracts this young generation… Not only young but all under 40s… And overwatch has the perfect plot for it… Having additional omnic crisis opportunity