So 2,2,2, was failed experiment

The game had so much variety in 2016/2017… their whole balancing team went to riot games it seems.

3 Likes

It still remains the most thoroughly - conducted experiment in this games history, while what you describe doesn’t change the overall conclusion from this test in the first place…

I mean I can’t say I completely disagree with any of this… Like with every different perspective, yours, mine, etc., large and small disadvantages will always exist…

It’s true that the 3/2/1 test was a moderate success concerning queue times (and I say that because Tank queues got really bloated as a result).

Despite that, it’s true that the developers could have done a lot of things in order to make the few actual problems that exist with 2/2/2 role - lock be less severe, such as better Tank/Healer balance, more heroes of said roles, etc.

But for the most part, they have failed miserably on doing the above… :confused:

1 Like

Well after the 1-3-2 experimental mode, we now have Classic Comp back. Seems they’re aware 2-2-2 just isn’t as popular as you’re saying it is and are looking for answers to it.

2 Likes

Just say you want to play Valorant and go.

The longer tank queues occurred for about 1 day while everyone wanted to try the “new” tanks. Like I said, I queued for all 3 and got all 3 throughout the week.

Many people judging 1/3/2 a failure have pointed to things like not enough protection and too much damage as reasons why. Those are things you can fix by properly balancing the entire roster of heroes around the existence of 3 DPS instead of 2; of course the mode will be unbalanced if you tune heroes based on a maximum of 2 but then allow 3. Based on that, I don’t feel it’s correct to say the mode itself was a success or a fail, but it did work from a queue perspective.

we got open comp now… old overwatch with hero pools
it’s kind of working out.

1 Like

I know. Been playing it and its great. So much more fun and freeing. If we need a healer I can heal. If we need a tank i can swop to tank. If dps is lacking i can dps. It is so freaking nice. Sadly I feel like if I rank up in open que people will say that doesn’t count because its not true comp or some bs like that.

3 Likes

And, we have open comp now

Balanced as all things should be

Reported for Inflammatory Language.

If that’s how your logic functions that you can’t even grasp the concept of a subjective opinion, then I’m really disappointed…

Ahh, the hypocrisy…

You have literally provided 0 evidence to prove any of your claims (contrary to me) and you are accusing me of being the delusional one here??

Stop with the hypocrisy already… Your situation is beyond sad at this point. :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

Once again reported for Inflammatory Language and Trolling.

Have fun getting banned.

Judging by the “balance” they did for 222, not much.

1 Like

Ah you must have started (fps games) within the past couple years. Not judging.

Try 10 years. Strong counter argument btw. Oh wait there wasnt one

1 Like

So have you always been a sore loser or just OW?

1 Like

Stop spamming already and actually explain all your claims in the other post where I asked you to.

Stop leaving all conversations in order to begin new ones with the exact same, baseless copy - pasted answer and then leave that one as well so that the circle can begin again.

At this point my last resort is to rightfully start Flagging all your posts as Spamming, because I’m truly sick of this.

Nothing I have written above is spam

I am seeing the same statement made repeatedly, and with the same statement repeated, the same response is repeated

Much like if I see some saying over and over again that 1+1=eleven, my response each time will be that 1+1=2

My statements have the base that the data being employed to support a given claim is invalid for that stated purpose

for sake of clarity, all of my posts are individually hand typed.

The only elements that are copied and pasted are links and quotes

If my posts are spam because they are the same repeated reply, wouldn’t that then also apply to the same repeated statements that my posts are in reply to?

1 Like

Go play classic arcade if you want nothing but dps only.

Prior to the recent addition of role-less competitive, I spent pretty much all of my playing time in qp classic

I see 4+ dps in about one of every twelve matches, roughly

2 Likes

Once again you have hand - picked a specific tiny part of my post and have once again avoided any kind of serious question.

Please answer my questions from my previous post.

You’re absolutely right about DPS being the overwhelming majority of the playerbase, but the second part of your statement is based on your personal opinion and is thus subjective. What you may not know is that the player driven campaign for Role Queue began all the way back in 2016, and lasted, gaining in strength and volume, up until RQ was finally implemented three years later. The overwhelming majority of players asking for RQ here, on reddit, YouTube and elsewhere? DPS.

When those of us who were speaking out against Role Queue would point out to them that their queue times would increase manifold, the answer was invariably something along the lines of: “I would rather wait for ten minutes in order to play what I want to play, than queue into this clown fiesta”.