So 2,2,2, was failed experiment

No, it can be proven in a statistical way if you look at enough open profiles.

They’re “stable” because of ongoing tweaks under the hood of the system that have steadily relaxed the matchmaking criteria to ensure queues don’t fall outside set parameters.

That they’ve done that, rather than see queues improve, shows that no, DPS aren’t leaving disproportionately.

it’s not a failed experiment. It was kind of like a ruined building. You couldn’t see how terrible the state of the building was, because the front rubble and garbage obscured your vision. Now that it’s cleared out, you finally are noticing the terrible state of the game.

Overwatch went downhill ever since they started their anti dive changes and mercy and d.va reworks. You just couldn’t see it clearly, because 99% of the times, the problem was about your teammates picking whatever they wanted instead of something useful.

This!
I would much prefer two off tanks over 5dps and a babysitting mercy any day.

1 Like

2/2/2 is for babies.

3 Likes

You can work out the ratio of people queueing for DPS : Tanks : Supports.

Based on queue times, and the average length of a game.

We are not totally in the dark around the ratios - we can make pretty good estimates.

It will change from region to region, and from rank to rank, but, you can work it out for your rank and region.

We can even work out how much people are leaving their roles, at proportionally.

Like, if the DPS queue lengths are getting longer, then the tanks (proportionally) are leaving faster than the DPS are. (in absolute values they may not be, but there is less of them to start with)

5 DPS comps and the fact that some people called it “competitive” was a failed experiment.

This community is one of the worst I’ve seen. Anytime anyone says they don’t like 2-2-2 you all gang up and insult the person and say something about DPS players. Chill out. I’m mostly a tank player and I dislike 2-2-2 all it does is restrict the team so if one group (DPS/healers/tanks) is not pulling their weight there is less options a team can do to prevent a loss.

3 Likes

One of my most memorable games in the old rules was when we got 5 support players and a Genji main. So we did 5 support + Genji. Turns out when Genji gets infinite healing he really pops off.

I get your joking but a 9/11 joke? Really?

1 Like

as of this time, I am aware of many sources of data purporting to support the claim of a majority - including but not limited to multiple polls conducted on reddit and on these forums

but

I have yet to know of a source that is valid

1 Like

Its valid enough when that its all there is to go on. Until some other form of poll arises to dispute it, then that’s the best numbers we have to go on. Its also worth noting that Blizz themselves have indicated from their research (however they did it) that a majority support 2-2-2 but no idea by how much.

The simple fact that QPC exists, and yet at least half the DPS players still queue to go to 2-2-2 tells me there is broad support.

1 Like

Some players like the ego-feed, others want golden guns. I mean, you’d think golden guns was a major reason on its own to play comp based on forum polling.

1 Like

the rest of your kind?
there goes that tribalism again, your words mean nothing now and you arent one to be taken seriously

2 Likes

invalid is invalid

if no valid data exists, that doesnt then make invalid data more valid

edit for clarity: whether data supports one’s own stance or not has nothing whatsoever to do with whether it is valid or not

1 Like

You said it, it must be true :slight_smile:

One might think you are just opposed to the results… just sayin’

2/2/2 just restricts the gameplay of overwatch, the as well as hero bans. which makes the game stale and boring.

To argue to point of 2/2/2 most people bring up thee olden days where you’d get a team of 5 dps mains that all refuse to switch that leads to chaos. But it was that very chaos that made the game fun. the unpredictability of what the hell was going to happen in each game made me want to queue up for the next round. Those weird games where a strat that should not have worked but once implemented somehow won the game. not to mention comps still as much as a dice roll as it ever was.

To summarize, in my opinion, the unpredictable nature of the old comp made the game fun, 2/2/2, hero bans, moria always getting potg, restricts that which makes the game stale

3 Likes

Imagining! Oh wait, from the comments in this thread it looks like I don’t have to imagine since almost everyone thinks it’s a success. Funny that people saying it isn’t state it as a fact as if saying it like that will make it true. Unfortunately the majority has spoken and it is not a fact.

Honestly the queue times it has caused is intolerable, barely played the game recent weeks, mostly played CSGO because while it’s generally less fun than OW the queue times are 2-3 minutes. Compare that to OW’s 12-15 minutes queues…

1 Like

In order for the claim that dps queue times wouldnt be reduced by this change to be true, 50% of all tanks would have to no longer play tank following this change.

I dont see that as a reasonable possibility, especially given that tanks would be greatly enhanced in such an arrangement, providing more enjoyment for many tank players

1 Like

There are many incorrect assumptions in your post.

Many tank players myself included did enjoy it.

Harder doesn’t mean less fun.

The added challenge/impact of being the only tank actually made it more fun for me.

Players who aren’t looking to be challenged have modes that cater to that such as vs AI Easy mode.

Not the only point.

It’s entirely possible for you to win without ever picking tank or healer.

I did just that. I initially made this account specifically to one-trick Doomfist in Competitive and climbed to Master doing so.

You always could’ve played Damage whenever you wanted.

Depends. I was happy when Doomfist got his air lock reduced because it made him more challenging/better primary fire aim needed.

Backup that I don’t want or need.

There’s already a very welcoming and safe gamemode that is much less oppressive that I think you would enjoy: Vs AI (Easy).

A Competitive gamemode should be challenging.

1 Like