So 2-2-2 role que is kinda comfirmed

So which of these compositions do you have a problem with in the games you play at your personal skill tier?

• 2DPS-2Tank-2Heal
  • 1DPS-3Tank-2Heal
  • 1DPS-2Tank-3Heal
  • 3Tank-3Heal
  • 4Tank-2Heal
  • 2Tank-4Healer

The 2-2-2 role que would provide structure for battles but the problem is what if hardly anyone want to play tank or healer n waiting there for the actual battle.

If GOATs isn’t realistically a problem for 95% of the playerbase, and devs have balanced things so GOATs becomes situational instead of meta. I don’t see a problem.

Weird comps are fine but when DPS aren’t being used at the highest level of play, surely you agree there is a problem?

Right now they could either gut tank/healer damage, or just implement a way to make sure that half the roster isn’t left out.

1 Like

GOATs is a problem in OWL, and OWL determines the future of OW, that’s pretty evident.

Likewise, while players may not play exact GOATs, many of the same problems it has and others comps filter down the ladder…

Again, I would prefer character bans, maybe 3 per match, above any form of role queue.

Right, but if they were going to have a limit.

1. 2Healer per team would be all you’d need to eliminate GOATs and comps like it.
  2. They would have done it 3-4 months ago, not after 3 giant gameplay patches that redefine GOATs and it’s counters.

Your reasoning is sound. It isn’t fair that DPS don’t get to see the light of day in top level matches.

1 Like

Honestly, pretty much all of them. Not because I have a problem with the overall strength of the comp, but because being able to stack Tanks and Healers beyond 2 limits the balance of certain heroes.

Brig is probably the best example, with her being relatively balanced for 2-2-2, with her weaknesses in a conditional toolkit being largely nullified by the ability to pair her with both Lucio AND another healer.

If it was Lucio+Brig, the comp would still have weak ST throughput. If it was Brig+Ana/Moira, Brig would rely on Ana or Moira doing the lions share of healing while she waits to whomp enemies that try and dive her backline.

Instead we got GOATS where Brig doesn’t have to worry about any weakness in her kit and she can just run at people and whomp them. Which in turn meant Blizzard massively reduced her power to the point where she can’t really be played outside GOATS.

If Blizzard can balance the game around 2-2-2, then we’d have the luxury of heroes like Brig being allowed a decent amount of power without the fear that they’d completely dominate if placed in a comp that isn’t 2-2-2.

I think hero bans are going to happen, but I also think they should only be used for Pros and high Diamond and above.

So you don’t actually have a problem in your games. Just a problem with a theoretical development path where all heroes fit into a 2-2-2 comp?

If they go with 2/2/2 which is likely, I don’t think so. I think they feel that a 2/2/2 system means they won’t have to deal with it which is why they like it.

That nutty healing is also being reverted halfway, and potentially fully, because the buff didn’t work. Calm down.

Yeah pretty much. I think balance is much easier to achieve in the scope of a 2-2-2 and implementing a role queue of some kind would generally increase the quality of games on ladder.

1 Like

I think it’s crazy talk that devs are going to flush all their many months of work down the drain, to make the game have less variety and homogenize all heroes into one composition. Where the pickrate of many heroes are going to suffer.

So you see removing the uniqueness of each hero, until they are all roughly similar, as an improvement to the game?

Or are we going to intentionally be designing trollpick heroes?

2-2-2 role queue don’t really hype me.
This will do nothing for GM-T500 players than just make the game more boring.

I would prefer a 6 stacks queue with a separate rank system. Like a squad leader could pick some players in a list for making a team.

And of course you could custom this list with filter. Imagine you want a good Mercy main, you’ll look into the best Mercy main with the most winrate ect.
And after the games, the team member could note you on a /10 thing.

Maybe you could also customize your profiles like if you can mic or not.

bro the gaming is suffering and jeff even agreed that 2-2-2 will help balancing way more easier… this hard work going on now is making things going down hill with balancing and match making system

So wait, are you saying they will go for the ban then over a 2/2/2? Because as I listened to Jeff, it sounded somewhat to me that they had considered a 2/2/2 but had many questions around it…

The problem with bans outside of Pro is people will get their panties in a knot like one-trick Genji mains and just storm out… a real problem in the ladder…

I wish that there was room for crazy comps like that too, but this specific one just so happens to be too unhealthy for the game, and I would rather they didn’t destroy the individual balance, as it would heavily affect the rest of the comps.

1 Like

It’s definitely easier.

In my above analogy, it’s way easier to just chop off an arm, rather than remove a bullet from an arm.