Snipers are making Quick Play unbearable

Yes, and they make the game worse.

4 Likes

At any level above gold?.. not really.

LOL, widows NEVER switch. you can have an entire team just rekting her again and again and they’ll still wont switch off.

13 Likes

Thats quite subjective. I like Diving and destroying snipers, then look at the ground and move my mouse in a “No no… no no no” fashion. They get triggered soooo hard, makes my day :smiley:

1 Like

Just send 4 people at Widowmaker.

Problem solved. If you can’t find 4 people in solo Q, make a LFG post titled “Let’s all dive snipers.” People will join.

5 Likes

Yes really. If you can click heads every fourth or fifth shot, then you can play widow at any level. I play at GM level. Its not possible to punish widow for positioning as she has grapple hook and 4 teammates up her back 24/7

7 Likes

just send 4 people on her 4head.
You cant possibly suggest for someone to use the LFG tool. Its such a joke.

3 Likes

Spoken like someone who obviously does not use LFG.

1 Like

The LFG tool is made for hardstuck plats who cannot for the life of them get out.

For me, the problem is more that snipers on my team make the game unplayable. You mostly get a Hanzo and Widow in every game and they can’t hit anything, so you’re just playing 6v4.

Now I’ll just stop trying if I see the Hanzo/Widow/Ashe combo.

5 Likes

Well obviously snipers should be dominating if they’re left alone and have a clear line of sight, that’s how they work in the first place.

However this game sort of lacks in how you’re allowed to counter them. You can’t knock their aim off by hitting them, which should be one of the main counters like so many games before OW.

• Widow’s shot charge too fast, making it easy to just do a follow up shot on anyone you bodyshot, or do that quickscope headshot.

Even if you’re a Soldier 76, shooting every shot at the hitbox of a stick moving around, they can with ease headshot you, or just grapple away, do a 180 and headshot you in the air with the massive head hitbox most characters have.

• Hanzo, the midrange sniper got so many tools right now it’s nearly impossible to take down a Hanzo CQB by yourself if they’re good.

Snipers should dominate at a distance and open field, but when you’re very limited in how you can protect yourself from them, it is annoying :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I think the SR range is simply too narrow currently. Compare to release: +/- 1000 at maximum is a little steep for LFG, but +/- 350 or 400 would be much better than the current +/-100 to +/- 250 SR range we have.

It’s the opposite in comp, 2+ snipers ruining any functional team comp and NOT killing anything.

1 Like

I still feel Ashe is more inline with how widows core kit shops be function in regards to rate of fire and damage- with auxiliary abilities that bolster and augment her sniping capabilities.

1 Like

Just for the record, according to Overbuff, the most-played DPS characters in Quick Play within the last week are:

• Widowmaker (far and away the highest-pickrate)
  • Genji (not a sniper, obviously)
  • Hanzo
  • Ashe
  • McCree (had his falloff reduced a while back)

And Ana, the Support sniper is the most-picked hero of them all.

This isn’t an imagined problem - most of the time, most Quick Play teams have at least 2 snipers on them. If this was happening in OWL, people would be screaming for a change of meta by now.

5 Likes

if she has people supporting her, then take advantage of that and use shields…

In qp ppl do not push, and going in solo is crazy.

Its easier to stay far back and kill ppl.
They can’t dive you and you can’t dive them.

Why should I try to kill them as tracer if I can have the same result without the headache? And take shots as widow?

Dive is harder imho than just playing sniper.
Mostly bc If I play dive the enemy just goes brig, moira etc. And if I go widow they just lose.

Just go Winston/D.va and dive them…
Or go sniper yourself, what’s the problem?

Btw I wouldn’t scream at any owl meta that involves all 3 roles.

I dont care if its tracer genji or widow hanzo 24/7 only if a role is completely missing then I’m complaining.

which they can shoot down easily.