Sniper Symm Instead

I would quite literally rather have symm as a unique and fun new hitscan/ Maybe sniper than a healer. Quite. Literally. I would rather have no beam. No ally aspect. No Barriers/ shields than healer symm.

And I’m an OG 1.0 stan. I’m in the boat of actually not favoring 2.0 because I thought 2.0 was essentially giving up on 1.0. I Like SYMM. I don’t need her to be in a role for her to be her. 2.0 could be a DPS. 2.0 Could be a tank. 1,0 could be either. What made symm is no where near a label. She is a kit. So I find it much worse to take away her one unique aspect to make her a knock off of someone else.

And I REEAAAALLLLY don’t understand why anyone who thinks 3.0 ruined her identity thinks healing wouldn’t be… idk. HERESY. You’re a symm heretic. It’s blasphemy. To the one hero who stood out in her role because of her unique way of adding value, you want to make her more like someone else? It’s heretical. Destructive. That is to kill her even more.

And so if I’m going to dumpster symm, if I’m going to flat quit on her- and DELETE her whole kit code, never to see the light of day… Well… I’d rather her be her own strong, independent hero, than a zenyatta Lite. Or Mercy 0.5.

Genuine appeal blizzard: Make symm popular. Because Popularity seems to be all that matters. You didn’t even give 1.0 a shot so there’s that. 2.0 got what… a solitary number tweak? Righteous. Symm 3.0 has been worked on more than 1.0 and 2.0 COMBINED. And you still are workshopping her?

GIVE. UP. And here’s the thing: that’s actually fine. Because at least you’ve committed to a choice and can start fresh. Don’t fenagle with something not working to what you actually want.

So say, “Sorry Hoshi, Lumi, N7ethot- We know you liked this thing, but it’s actually being discontinued. Turns out, no one likes mint ice cream with no chocolate and you’re freaks who eat basically frozen toothpaste. So we will be making more ChocoChip from now on”

That’s a thing. I can accept that. Make her for your Kephriis and your Samito? Whatever. Shoot for popularity. If symm is just a model to you, at least make her a strong, popular hero, instead of a cheap, sad, unoriginal knock off.

5 Likes

why not just make an entirely new character in that case?

2 Likes

My argument is that by making her a healer (and imo 3.0 as well) you already are.

1 Like

i want 2.1, 2.0 with tweaks and changes to make her more usable (throwable turrets and pauseable E barrier)

2 Likes

Most of the “I don’t want a healer Symmetra” complaints have it in their heads that Symmetra will become a carbon copy of Mercy or Moira or lose “uniqueness”.

Nobody is saying they want this to happen. We want her to remain unique, but with healing aspects in her kit.

She’s already had her indentity ruined with her current rework, there’s nothing left to ruin. If “identity” is your worry, you have nothing to lose. Symmetra 1.0 and 2.0 aren’t coming back, so we have to move forward with something else.

5 Likes

I’m saying you inherently are. In going in line with them… It doesn’t have to be a carbon copy to not be explicitly unoriginal

See also: 3.0 and zarya

Yes. And I’m saying

I quite literally said go harder and not soft with a flippant healer change

I love this post, this post means everything to me

1 Like

I’m glad to see someone understands me :relieved:

depends on how you go about it imo.

i made a rework concept where i legit only touched numbers of her current abilities, and added a few new stuff sprinkled in

Well you see, Snipin’s a good job, mate. It’s challengin’ work, outta doors. I guarantee you won’t go hungry, cause at the end of the day, long as there’s two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead.

Remember you’re not a “crazed gunman” You’re an assassin! Well the difference bein’ one is a job and the other’s a mental sickness.

Most importantly, never having feelings. You know who has a lot of feelings? Blokes that bludgeon their wife to death with a golf trophy.

Professionals have standards be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet

1 Like

Symmetra talking about order and balance while pulling out the hard-light strap and popping people, sounds good.

Symmetra talking about order and balance while having random turrets everywhere and a wild attached lasso beam of death

Versus

Precise, controlled symm only looking at specific issues and taking them out as needed

:woman_shrugging:t5: It’s all about lenses. Or bs-ing. And both of my skills for those are too high

#Bring Symmetra Back to Us #More Supports!.

These are some ways u can rework sym back to sup while still following her lore theme.
Sym wad always a support. Not all support chars heal.

Support role arch types:
High cc, debuff/debuffing, buffing, healing, side heals with offensive capabilities, shielding and negating/reducing.

These are —tanks, off tanks(bruisers), healers(pure support role, they tend to rarely attack–cough mercy), side healers (offensive supports).

Sym 3.0 completley removes her lore identity and game design since beta. What you are saying right now makes no sense.

A rework does not mean copy the current existing designs of another hero… example, 3.0 sym copies zyras beam … but way weaker. Then they made it better with echo. Then they made echoes orb a better sym orb. Echo is what sym could have and should have been. Obviously this rework was flawed and done for other reason
… to not ruin 2 2 2 experience meanwhile
its being tested.

Sym main since beta.

As of 222, this is not the case

I think echo is a dps. And she’s echo. Not symm.

Put more effort in your reply or just stay silent.

If you want an essay reply, I can. I can be quite extensive. But your reply wasn’t worth it.

I mean keep sym the way she is now but give her more turrets and the option to micro manage what they do like look at them press interact and the cluster will change between dps and healing.

More like you just cant give any constructive feedback that makes sense

Your feedback imo is irrelevant to the Crux of the post . Like I literally have it in me to not shut up about the smallest of subjects. I just have to find them relevant.

It is relevant, the issue here is that you know your op is completely off