Smurfs don't exist

It might be annoying for you.

But I am not sure who else would be annoyed by it.

Unless what you’re really saying is you don’t want people below you in your games, because they might be better than you.

Two rank difference in games is not good for improving, one rank difference should be cap in ranking up. You try to get to be on the lvl o people rank above your, not be able to beat people two ranks up. Ranks should exist to make you progres through them, if you can play with plats as gold, and win enaugh, you deserve to be in plat and rank up over time. Then you should start getting diamonds in your games as you reach plat. Not diamonds when you are still gold player.

When i was in gold, i ended up in diamonds game. Litteraly, it was nothing to improve on, i was carried whole match.
Then in plat, masters making the game about themself on heroes like hanzo or genji making it just terrible experience.
What i leanred from them? They had better aim, and ignored postioning because other team also was worse than them and they could play what ever they liked, similiar to what smurfs do a lot.

2 Likes

If you aren’t able to review and learn something, that is on you. No one else.

How you review hanzo going middle of the road hs people because other team cant do that, and he just get dmg boosted XD
Still, if you want to review base on higher ranks, its would be better to watch them play game on their lvl, not with lower ranks, where they can litteraly play worse than when they really try.

Do you not realise why the shots are easy for that hanzo? Could possibly be because the movement of who he is shooting at is bad… So you learn to improve your movement and map awareness.

I don’t really care what rank someone is.

Rule number 1 - are they fun to play with.

If yes… play.

1 Like

Yea right, so improve on other team being destroyed by my teammate for trying to group up and defend point.
Right. Make sense.

Thats for qp or arcade, im talking about ranked, that is… what a suprise, supposed to be about ranks describing who with who should play. And about ranking up for more points for gold guns (yes, no other point for me in that mode tbh)
If solo q gold get game with 3 diamonds on his team, that is not even going to be fun for him. Unless he is some kind of sleeper diamond player who is yet to rank up naturaly.

I even had once game, where i just sit up on payload, and didnt saw other team until the end. And i was main tank. My team just pushed them to other spawn as i pushed payload on Route66. FUN.

1 Like

I only play ranked. And I play with people I have fun playing with.

QP is garbage, and arcade is just there. Don’t assume what people play.

yeah I had a game like that were everyone was gold. The enemy just kept making dumb mistakes, I can only assume they just weren’t communicating. Rank and skill is irrelevant there.

drawing to conclusions again
read what aster has to say

Yeah. He don’t like the 1000sr rule. Without any real justifications. Other than he doesn’t like better players.

I didnt? I said that qp and arcade are modes for “i dont care about rank” type of gameplay not mode that use ranks and supposed to put people in games base on them agains each other.

And the same way, ranked also is garbo, because of toxic people, who also get created out of… unbalanced matches partialy as i guess they slowly lose their minds. What make it even worse than qp, at least everyone stay quiet there insted of screaming at each other for no reason.

Communication in ranked start in high plat for people who dont play with friends. Outside of insults ofc.

Maybe outside of EU it looks different, but i played this game since season 3, droped few seasons ago after all the trash i heard between my teams and enemies, reports for “wrong picks” and more annoying stuff. Higher rank players and people who didnt even hide they are smurfing (some even say they want to sell account later) was just adding to it.

Smurfs exist just not to the level that this forum makes it out to be. I think it’s become just a routine excuse to use when people lose matches. I lost because I was playing against Smurfs.

2 Likes

I don’t care about rank. I care about improving.

My friends want to improve, I want to improve. We try to do that, and try to win, but not at the expense of having a laugh.

Toxic people? no that isn’t the games fault. that is the toxic persons fault. It really isn’t that difficult to stay chill in game.

Communication happens to varying degrees, but the comms you are seeing in plat would be regarded as awful (i am in the same games) by anyone higher. Another thing you can learn playing with higher players.

1 Like

Ranks are the main stat set to say if you improve or not in ranked. If you stay or get worse, you should drop, if you improve, you should go up. If its not doing that, then why its there at all.

I dont have much agains having laught
I have something agains master sniper, having fun owning plats who poke their heads out. Would that be agains improving for the master, to play with weaker players, and degradate his avardness and positioning?

I use win rates at the end of a season. In season I don’t pay much, if any, attention to my SR as it is just arbitrary.

I have come across many gold snipers that would do the same, too much time in Widow HS only lobbies but have zero game sense. Aim isn’t everything.

Its a lot in lower ranks, at least thats what i learned from people who all needed was one mercy pocket to kill most of other team :man_shrugging:
I dont believe standing still in one position for sniper for most of the game, or walking in front of your tanks as hanzo, would be good ways to show how “it should be done” in any other way than “I can aim better than you”.
The thing is, its like constant genji nano blade. One nano blade, even team wipe, will not make it a win, but if its constant thing that happend regardless of ult charge or not… the game is not fun, for winners or loser in my experience.
I dont have fun being carried, what happened also A TON in this game. I also dont have fun being stomped. When i have fun? When i actually play and compete agains other team as well as the rest. When it is a challange, but winnable one. The back and forward, the push forward, and back, taking the point over one mistake of enemy team or losing it because they got around us and tricked tanks. That is fun to me.
One or two guys being able to control whole game for themselfs is making it boring.

The things you should have learned instead. Sightlines, how to use natural cover and good holding points. All easy things you could learn from much higher level players

2 Likes

You’re right skill brackets would matter if people weren’t allowed to just buy accounts in any rank they want. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

You give me a hard Mercy pocket as a McCree and I will look waaaay better than I am.

If you are getting carried a lot… That would suggest you are not good enough for the rank you are in. (seeing as you accused me of being boosted…)

That’s really dumb that that can happen. What’s the point of ranks then if a GM can be in the same team as a plat? Just make everyone the same “rank” smh.

2 Likes

Do… do you not know what smurfs do? They will deliberately group up and throw on alt accounts to force themselves into a much lower bracket than they actually play in. While the matchmaker is pretty bad right now because of the low player count, it can’t be faulted in that scenario when smurfs will deliberately go out of their way to manipulate it.