Smurfs don't exist

I never accused YOU of nothing. You put to much yourself in what i say about games i had you were never part of.

The thing is, i get carried usually when there is master player on my team. As i am plat.
The only rank i was to high was dps, but i dont talk about those games, i suck at aiming so i was bad there and my sr was just copy pase of before role q dropping there basicialy because they were not in to making true reset. But again, different story. My point was being carried by smurfs or people who were above 1 rank difference, what to be honest say nothing about if i fit in plat, it could say i dont fit in masters, but like, my goal was to reach diamond (did that once, but dropped) not masters. Its different game to play masters and gms vs plats and diamonds.

Where is the doubt button?

I would suggest you get carried more often in equally balanced games, then try to post rationalise it. The “smurf” games are probably barely happening.

1 Like

Yes, more times happen the game with master playing with plats than actual smurfs. And even masters sometimes were suprised of “why i am here?”

Just throwed smurf in because its mostly what this topic is about. Still mostly i am angry at 2 rank difference in ranked being a thing as this is system they implemented, not people who abuse it.

I like your passion. But for something that doesn’t matter.

If SR was an indicator of actual skill it would be fine.

your system someone 2001sr, can’t play with someone 1999sr if there is someone 2501 in the game

You telling me that the 2001sr play is the better player?

Your idea is fundamentally flawed.

1 Like

I mean, if the 2001 sr person play with someone on 1999sr, then simply person that is 2501sr should not be put in same match as those two, yes, at least thats short answer.
So if lets say silver, gold and plat, should not be in one match together if they q up for what i see it for most part.

And you use small difference, when most people are far from end numbers of their ranks. You could then just add “breaking point” games that like 20-50 sr away from next rank, you can get people from two ranks above to make you happy that you still can get diamond player with you.
And btw, game can even put in one match people who cant q up together as a group. That is also funny thing i learned.

And, maybe its dont matter to you but i hated whenever this happened to me:

Just was one of reasons to not play the ranked if its as balanced with teammates as qp and does not really care.

1 Like

But are you telling me the 2501 is the better player?

They might not be, they might just not play many ranked games and haven’t dropped. Or play more and steadily kept an above 50% winrate. and the lower SR players might not play enough to climb.

SR isn’t the best indicator of “skill”.

But that picture doesn’t mean much. One of those diamond players could be plat SR just not played enough for the badge to change (5 games isn’t it?). Or they could all be 3050.

The teams SR will be roughly the same. The screen before the match starts is what you need to show.

See. You wanted a rule. But I have given you an example and immediately you are putting exceptions into your rules… So that shows they were flawed to start with.

1 Like

Supposed to be, or at least now he should be playing agains someone one rank higher, to see if they fit in as a “better rank”.
Better player should go throught after all. Worse should be left behind

It was old game, so would be hard sorry. Especialy that i changed system since then, this one was just one of those i posed on forum before thats why its saved.

I made up exception because of your complains about my idea. I dont like it myself, i pushed it in my post to satisfy people like you. You want to play with people 2 ranks above, i dont want to ever do that again in ranked.

I know it was old. You haven’t placed rank this season and last season you were 2615 on tank.

The current system is fine.

Based on badges your team might of had stronger DPS, but had weaker tank line.

But ultimately this game is far too old to make your point or be used as “evidence”

Because tank was gold player? Yes thats true.

True, but the system was crap before, and i think i used it to say “yea since 222 tanks were put in the wrong ranks and people notice it more offten, but you guys know its not new, its here since open q”
Either that, or was some topic about arcade ranked modes, what are even more funny with ranks. But there no one care outside lucioball i think? There are some people who cared about that mode at least in game.

And it was not even posted here as evidence, i just said i hated when that happened.

If you are a “normal” player, you will never be in the wrong rank. That is a myth.

There was nothing wrong with the match making in that game.

I dont say anything about BEING in wrong rank, just wrong ranks playing with each other in one game.
I dont even focus that much of climb
Just on experience that those games bring.

Nothing wrong with the picture you showed. it looked fairly balanced to me.

What do you think a smurf even IS? because your explanation literally doesn’t account for a real smurf, you’re basically saying that this diamond is a ‘smurf’ because the game system paired them together.

No one thinks someone with a diamond account is a smurf.

Define a smurf for us so that we can all understand what it is you THINK you’re talking about, please.

Welp, to you, i see it wrong when anyone is overperforming over teammates and make their choices less important because they can just fix it by being way better at the game. If someone is more interrupting win than helping, they usually dont belong in the same game with the rest in ranked.
But i dont even try to convince you to my view, i just post because someone answer to me :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Literally nothing stopping you, the gold player in that game, popping off and being the carry.

Apparently you have yet to be rolled by a 4 stack of lvl 25-30s in comp.

What stopping me is being bad at the game, what being lower ranked should and was meaning.
Especialy since it was season i started in silver if i remember right.
Its like you would say, that bronze can just “carry” the gold game, nothing stoping that person, after all rank does not matter and is not based by your gameplay and skill so silver should beat up diamonds too.

idk what this man is smoking but it seems good

You being bad at the game is on you. Not the matchmaker.

1 Like

People of different skills existing is the reason matchmakers exist.

Do you know why that is?

1 Like