Smurfs are good. We need more smurfs

I’d unprivate it but I can’t on mobile.

most of the times when i see people defending smurfs i think either theyre hardstuck in their high rank or they dont want to git gud as they say XD
though im just a high silver low gold player my opinion hardly matters

there is only 1 solution to smurfs.

1. every non master\gm player deletes this game and forgets about it.
  2. all smurfs play only with other smurfs.
  3. they quickly get bored and leave this game too
  4. when this game is dead normal people return and play it again for a week, until smurfs return.
    at this point u just install wallhack\aimbot so that your acc get perma banned and u forget about this god forsaken “competitive” experience
2 Likes

Yes at the moment on my main I’m stuck at ~3600-3700.
Smurfing is my way to get gud. No worries though. You won’t see me at silver. Ya’ll are way too bad to give me useful training. I’d do better actually playing against AI.

exactly how are you getting good by smurfing plz elaborate? they arent 3600-3700 players so how are you expecting to get good?

1 Like

Plat folk don’t like to stand behind their shields so I get more target practice.

I wouldn’t expect a silver to understand. I’ve always figured that IQ correlates with SR.

I think level 25 is too high and takes too long to level. Should be able to play comp at like level 5 or so.

1 Like

What is your problem ?

1 Like

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Smart people realize spending hours grinding a video game with the aim of increasing an arbitrarily assigned number with zero actual worth is a waste of their brainpower and time.

I mean… I’ve seen some stupid stuff in my time, but wowoweewow. Man I love this community.

2 Likes

promoting the very reason why people call the matchmaker broken seems like a very low IQ thing to me so good day with that thinking XD target practice on plats when youre going against masters seems like a DansGame
anyways im a MT player so you wont get any target practice from me

1 Like

The number isn’t arbitrarily assigned it’s based off of skill. Noone made the claim that video game statistics had any real world value. That’s always the scapegoat of losers in these talks.

Here I am dumbfoundedly looking at what you wrote and then I check your rank and it all make sense. So far my theory holds up.

You need to look up both definitions of the term arbitrarily, smart guy.

And yeah, my rank is terrible, because I barely play any more. Smurfs have wrecked the ladder and life moves on. But for the record I’ve started entire companies in less time than you’ve spent earning an SR that’s all of 300 points higher than my career high.

But I’m sure that your mortgage broker was super excited to hear when you hit plat.

1 Like

i mean he’s posting from his smurf

So he’s spent even more time in this game?

Oof.

Per Google:
based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

SR is not arbitrary as it increases and decreases according to your skill level. There is both reason and a system behind your SR.

I’m very happy for your real world achievements. I’m not sure what they have to do with Overwatch, though.

You’re saying smurfs are ruining the ladder but are basically admitting to smurfing? Because there’s no way you fell from 2400 all the way to 937 without throwing.

You googled the wrong word. Arbitrary and arbitrarily are not the same. I’d have thought a plat level brainiac like you would know that? But here, I’ll help:

“without restraint in the use of authority; autocratically.”

In other words, precisely how Blizzard’s matchmaker operates. Due to the lack of transparency with how the MMR/SR work and interrelate, you cannot possibly understand how it is arriving at the numbers it does and hence, it is arbitrarily assigning you a number. If it was not an arbitrary system, you would be able to specify the exact amount of SR you would gain or lose given various parameters.

They have nothing to do with Overwatch. Just like Overwatch has nothing to do with real life nor anyone’s real world IQ. I am glad to see my point made for me.

No, I don’t smurf and I do not have a second account. I played since launch, climbing to low gold, stopped playing for a year or so, came back, placed 2100, climbed in solo-que, and then opted to play with a buddy of mine for a few sessions… who, apparently, likes to play Overwatch when he’s been drinking. Meh.

What? English isn’t even my first language but I know that arbitrary is the root word of arbitrarily. They’re going to have the same definition.

Autocratically would imply that Jeff was just deciding your SR. It’s still not following your definition because even though you don’t know the system, one still exists. There’s no-one manning it. It’s a computer system that makes calculations. And the average player has a good enough idea of how it works to make decent estimations.

And you’re using “arbitrary” to imply that it’s either unfair or unimportant. So by your definition, would it suddenly be fair or important if you knew how the system worked?

That’s not how IQ works. There’s no “real life IQ”. There’s just your IQ. Which correlates with real world potential, testing potential, etc etc etc. Why would it not correlate with ability in a strategy based video game?

IE: Folks with significantly lower IQs will get significantly lower SRs like 937.
Honestly, I don’t even think I could go that low if I only ever played near blackout drunk.

I don’t believe you. I don’t think you’ve ever been gold and I don’t think you’re bronze now because of “a few” sessions with a buddy who likes to play while he’s drinking. I’m betting you’ve never been out of bronze. I’d love for you to prove it to me though.

EDIT: My god you’ve been typing for 30 minutes now.

Ok, again, no. The root word of arbitrary and arbitrarily is arbiter. The addition of affixes gives us arbitrary and arbitrarily, which are two different words, with two different applications.

The term autocratically has nothing to do with manpower. It just denotes the wielding of absolute power.

No, I didn’t; I said:

It is arbitrarily assigned because it is given to you autocratically by Blizzard. There is no appeal process, and although you might claim that your gameplay gives you input on your SR, the input is vague at best as it relies on a variety of algorithms and PBSR stats that you cannot possibly know. Hence, while you can make estimations, until Blizzard makes the SR process transparent, it is fair to typify it as arbitrary.

Furthermore it is without value, as your SR will not afford you anything in real life, nor does it even have value in-game as your SR is merely a stabilized consumer-facing estimation of your MMR and is not used to matchmaking purposes.

Jesus. I’m going to assume at this point that you’re not yet finished your education, because anyone with any time in any academic setting knows there’s no such thing as “just your IQ.” First off, there’s two formally recognized IQ tests out there, and countless informal tests. An individual completing more than one IQ test will expect to get more than one result, so there’s not “just your IQ.” In addition, numerous studies have found that socioeconomic standing and cultural backgrounds play a statistically large enough role in IQ test results that they are generally considered somewhere between unreliable and useless.

As for correlating ability in a video game to intelligence or intellect, you would again be wrong… but instead of wasting my time with the long-winded why, I’ll keep it simple: York University has studied this exact phenomenon and found that there is no correlation between IQ results (flawed such as they are) and skill in FPS games.

I’m not going to bother re-installing the game to satisfy some idiot’s curiosity. Go read a book and learn something.

1 Like

You spent 50 minutes writing this. At this point, you’re just trying slip your way out of seeming wrong. Nothing you wrote in the first half of this changes my argument. You still used it to imply SR was not important. Which leaves my question unanswered.

As for the IQ and videogames, yes duh there are multiple IQ tests but they’re all measuring the same one IQ in different ways and so find different numbers. The test you’re referring to is this one:
https : // www
. sciencedaily . com /releases/2017/11/171115153631.htm
Which actually does find a correlation in between IQ and video game skill. So the opposite of what you say.

Also I doubt you’d be on the forums and as active as you are if you didn’t have the game installed. In fact, Overbuff shows you played 3 days ago.

Also, I’m a grad student, thankyou.

At this point, I’m done. It’s a waste of time to argue with such obviously low IQ cogs like yourself.

lol if your mad about smurfs call them whales =D and play the game how it is or quit. the Dev’s wont change it.