Smurf war overwatch

I think Blizzard needs to be more open on the stats of how many smurfs are being banned. I remember our whole team and the opponent reported a throwing smurf, and I had him in another game a week later. And he didn’t throw, he just destroyed the other team. It sucks.

1 Like

they need to ban all smurf’s and keep clean the game all ppl can play with 1 account it is not need to have 10. I try 1 week now to climb up with tank and from 2000 I drop down to 700 bkz a lot of bots enter to sabotage the game to d rank you and a lot of smurfs(btw don’t any one say try harder im on the 4 golds and pog 90% of the times with tank). and we need a kick option on this game a lot of ppl don’t play the class and do very rong things so the game not only need ban smurfs bots but need kick option as well.

Level 100 will do nothing when most smurfs buy accounts that are already 25 now. It takes ~10 hours to get to 25, and most won’t even do that and would rather pay someone else to do it.

If you really are serious about the smurf problem, do what CS:GO did and make cell phone two-factor mandatory. Only 1 number can be used on the system globally. Sure some people will be rich enough to get around it, but it would significantly reduce the number.

2 Likes

Than they would have ranked up by now or have been banned because they threw to maintain a low rank.

Or were probably not Smurfs but just good players which is what I’m leaning towards.

1 Like

I still don’t see the problem with smurfing. Before you start, no I don’t do it. But, on occasion, I run into players who are better than the rest. I don’t know if they’re smurfing or not. I don’t care because, sometimes in this game you run into people who are just plain better than you. It happens. The difference is I know exactly how big the pond is.

I wasn’t able to reply to your replay code in the other thread, so…

I looked at this game. Watched at least a few minutes of every player. Every player participated. Congratulations, it looks like no throwers.

Your SR was 628 when I checked.

Your team:

Symm obsessing over turrets while she’s being shot. Didn’t watch too much of her game, though.

Orisa possibly soft-throwing, probably just bad: doesn’t use halt, ever. Switches to hog and doesn’t use alternate fire, ever.

Brig played a passive game, wasn’t too bad with the flail, started the game obsessing over giving her repair packs to you. Probably a decent player.

Widow had no clue where she should be, but was aiming for heads, and hit quite a few of them, didn’t use her ult, was wrecked from behind repeatedly.

You stood still way too much

Lucio couldn’t wall ride to save his life

Other team:

Genji is way better than anyone on either team. Watch his view to see how unaware your whole team is. Not an awesome player, but definitely smurfing. Certainly not SR 628. Gets nano’d and becomes ninja. Had an opportunity to kill the tire and didn’t. May just be playing for kills and not to win. Puts in his best effort in the last seconds of the game, and stops the cart, winning the game.

Zarya spent a lot of time hiding. Did not capitalize on being powered up. Round 2: shoot something! No, what are you shooting at? Maybe she didn’t know she could shoot the tire? Ignores being shot at while she fumbles for her ult. Does she need to enter a key code or something? And then shoots it at her feet.

Moira OMG heal your team! Now I don’t feel so bad. Her ult did squat, too. Three times LOL

Ashe, you’re just gonna stand there and take fire? grav/bob combo works. Not a bad shot with the rifle. How many times can you shoot Orisa without her noticing LOL. Probably a decent player.

Ana way better than SR 628, probably smurfing. Round 2: Knew where to throw nade up in the air to have it land outside spawn when match started. Very good at evading Dva bombs. Carried DPSing Moira.

Hog so many misses with the hook. Carried by Ana.

You would have won this game if not for the smurfs

That Genji was smurfing, and he did ruin your Widow’s game, and he did wreck your whole team in the last seconds of the game, and he did cost you the game, and SR. That you didn’t notice just means your game sense isn’t what you think it is.

To stay in bronze, that Genji is going to have to throw a game to compensate for winning this one.

We can’t it’s not overwatch fault it’s the ppl who do it tell me what can blizzard do

No, just a phone number to play comp.

So you expect to climb (where you’re going to face better players) when you can’t win against maybe 1 or 2 of them at your current rank?

They can soft throw, for example pick mcree and miss shots, appearently there’s a system on ow that knows if you’re trolling when it compares your best games and the numbers of those games with your current throwing match. But appearently it’s broke.

It absolutely happens, but when the enemy team has a widow and she’s annihilating your team and pops your head when she sees a single pixel out of that shield or that wall, there’s a smurfing problem.

The community supports it, supports alt accounts, supports their streamers they spend their rent money on subscribing to doing it, etc.

There’s dealing with an sr above you and dealing with GM players, please. You don’t learn anything if all you’re doing is getting rolled on. It’s like having a teacher who’s talking about a commentary of Oscar Wilde’s novels, when you actually just hit 3rd grade.

1 Like

This urban legend has to stop, streamers play at their normal rank sometimes on an alt sure but I’ve never seen one smurfing (actively deranking to ruin lower ranked games).

Alt =/= Smurf

While I don’t agree with Smurfing. I do understand why people have alt accounts.

For example, let’s say someone is a DPS Main and they “specialize” in hitscan (let’s say Solider, Ashe, Widow and McCree). But, one day, they try out DF and really like the Hero. And they decide they want to learn them and play them in a more Competitive environment.

Now, do you honestly think they are going to be able to play DF at the same level they can Widow? If they normally are a Master level Widow, I doubt they would be that with DF. At least, not for awhile.

So, if they pick DF in their Master level game, they might be “throwing”, because they might only be Plat good with him.

This leads people to buying alt accounts, so they can play the hero they enjoy without feeling like they’re going to tank their SR and ruin games for their teammates.

Though, there is an issue with this. What would stop this playing from switching to their Master level Widow, mid match, on their Plat DF account and wrecking the enemy? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

The thing is, the only way to really help “solve” this issue is Hero Based SR. That way people could feel like they can “branch out” and play more Heroes, without risking their rank or ruining games for other people.

Of course, having Hero Based SR has its own issues. And, while I don’t necessarily think it would be a good idea, I see why some people want it. Because, right now, the only option is to buy Alts (much like when people wanted to play other roles in Pre-Role Q).

Honestly, I don’t think there is a way to satisfy all parts of this community. Yes, smurfing is an issue and should be addressed, but I don’t know how you can address that without also addressing things like alt accounts and how to handle SRs in this game.

It’s all a big tangled web, really. And it’s hard to have a solution, without creating more issues along the way.

1 Like

If they detect someone is doing better than the rest of the team 5 times and they are a low level, they should put them at a high skill level, but that would mean more people having second accounts on top 500. I don’t know if it’s even possible to solve the smurf problem, but making the competitive only available to level 100 and up would make it way better. I don’t think people just get good to play competitive at level 25. It’s possible but hard to believe. Hopefully some genius finds a way to remove Smurfs from the game. I don’t know why people like to troll lower ranks. Your not good your just bad in your current rank so you like to go to lower ranks and troll.:upside_down_face:

1 Like

yeah I’m sure Blizzard will want to dissuade people from buying their game

No. The forums aren’t the entire community. The forums are a very small fraction of the playerbase. Don’t base public opinion on the forums and especially not on the lack of opposition to something, it’s a huge bias.

1 Like

now do it consistently and get to that smurf’s rank : problem solved.

What you say is another good way to look at it, but the frustrating thing about it is, until something is done, WHATEVER it is, there’s one group of players benefiting from the lack of action, and one group of players losing out on a very constant basis.
The higher level players don’t want to lose anything on their “super special main’s” account, so they buy up these smurfs and alt accounts to play lower ranks and ruin everyone else’s games.
Meanwhile so THEY don’t have their one-trick high SR account and ego bruised, our SR, our games, our gameplay and enjoyment have to suffer.
It’s wrong on every level for the devs to try NOTHING to disallow them from protecting their fragile little high level accounts at the expense of the game for regular, casual players.