Smurfs solutions

It happens more than I thought. There are six of 38 in my last few competitive games.

Of the three games I’ve carefully analyzed using the replay viewer, these are the problem players:

level 262, throwing
level 357, throwing, two different games
level 32, smurf
level 45, throwing

1 Like

Not according to your alibi. If you played every day, you would see smurfs every day.

1 Like

In my experience, it’s enough that it significantly impacts my enjoyment and I feel the need to vent on the forums about it. Maybe I just run into more than you do by chance. Today alone there was one DPS smurf dominating in 3 out of 7 games.

1 Like

What alibi. I’m literally telling you i’ve played this game everyday since around season 3 when I started on xbox. Only time I didn’t play was when I took like two 5 month breaks from PC games in general.

I guess I can just call myself lucky for not having to deal with that many smurfs because I genuinely don’t run into them that often to where my enjoyment of the game is ruined.

This. I worked with setting up phone contracts for Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint for a few years through a major retail store. Every day someone came in with a fake ID or got access to someones account and changed the account to give them access to try and get free iPhones.

Rarely do they ever get caught. Only thing we can do is hit a button during the interaction that shuts the entire thing down and say, “Sorry, you weren’t approved”.

Can’t accuse them, can’t call the cops, nothing. Only the people who are being impersonated or getting their stuff hacked can do that. Blizzard would be just as liable as the big box retailer I worked for would be if they falsely accused someone of identity theft.

1 Like

You’re defending yourself and other smurfs by saying you play every day and you don’t see smurfs. This is called an alibi.

Alibi - Verb - offer an excuse or defense for (someone), especially by providing an account of their whereabouts at the time of an alleged act.

Again… I’m. Not. Defending. Smurfs. Who. Stomp. In. Low. Ranks. How many times do I have to say it. I agree with smurfing when it’s techincally not smurfing and you’re practicing heroes you don’t really play at their relative ranks. But playing what you main at low ranks and stomping is a problem. I get that, and stated that multiple times.

2 Likes

That’s the thing. I don’t like to whine and if it was just here and there for me… Then fine, whatever. Life. But man does it happen a lot. And I don’t necessarily have enough time to grind out tons of games to “dilute” my bad experiences so it really annoys me.

You have five and a half hours of competitive play. You’ve posted one code that I can recall, which you posted as an example of how awesome bronze competitive was. I watched it, found that there were two smufs on the enemy team including the Genji (or was it Hanzo) that you mentioned as particularly skillful, that he mostly goofed off for most of the game but killed-all-the-noobs in the last minute of play, costing you the game and SR. I don’t think you ever commented on my in-depth analysis of every player in that game.

Actually you are. You can scroll up and see what you typed a few minutes ago if you need to jog your memory. If you cant be honest at the start of your statement then I wont even bother reading the rest.

Oh look multiple times I stated that I only condone smurfing when you’re using it to practice heroes you do not play often.

And multiple times I stated that I’m not okay with people stomping in low ranks (those are literally all my posts on this topic btw).

Because according to your alibi, you play every day and don’t see smurfs. Which is ridiculously untrue unless you’re playing in the OWL. Any one that plays every day would know this.

Supporting smurfs for any use is stupid. If you want to practice go do what normal people do: play QP.

1 Like

And you completely go off topic of you saying that I said it’s okay to stomp in low ranks because you realized… I NEVER SAID THAT. And in fact said the complete opposite.

And ah yes. Because what I say, about MY games, and MY experience is un-true. What a good one.

I play this game everyday. Do I see smurfs? Yes. Do I see a lot of them? No. Unless every bronze border is just a smurf? Then yea sure I see a whole lot of them but they sure aren’t good smurfs and stomping low ranks. Hell, MOST games no one is completely stomping the enemy team.

No it’s not and that’s an ignorant take. I have a 2nd account, which is my practice account. My ranks on there, are what my ranks would be if I played those heroes on my main, i’m not going around playing doomfist and stomping everyone on my practice account… I don’t wanna practice on quick play where games are shorter, people don’t try as much so I ain’t really improving at all against a bunch of people not really playing to win, and people pick team compositions you never really see in comp. So yea, I would much rather practice in competitive where It’s bothering no one because I’M NOT PLAYING WHAT I MAIN.

I’m honestly just going to withdraw from this “arguement.” You can’t fix stupid, unfortunately.

Yes please withdraw because you realize you have no argument and everything you have said has been completely ignorant. And you also try to put words in my mouth and it didn’t work. Go try that stuff on someone else playboy.

Phone verification alone would remove most of the smurfing issues. Some hardcore losers would probably order like 40 phone numbers, but at least the general lazy people would stop smurfing.

They already make countless bnet accounts by using a VPN and making them.

Dont listen to Soma he is oblivious to the smurf problem

Read my statement above, I have an arguement. But you can’t fix stupid.

Which means breaking the law. It wouldn’t surprise me, people would make accounts for games like MapleStory in order to play on the Korean server where all the updates are first seen before being released on other national servers. This would still involve fraud, because you would have to find a KSSN on the internet that doesn’t belong to you. Using this method to make new Korean accounts is just as illegal as DDoSing a server. If you get caught, expect jail time. This is no different than forging fake ID’s, except fraudulent KSSN’s are more easy to track down and justify. This can also stop people that are way too young to be playing OW from playing.

One option they could do. Jeff loves to tout the game will move smurfs to their proper place. The way Smurfs work, is throw and then stomp, back and forth. Once an account does this two times. Meaning a extreme loss and extreme win. The character they did it on is now locked for 100 days. They’d have to play boring and can’t throw or over preform. So they’d have to play like a average person in that rank. To avoid getting the character disabled. As you disable characters, you get locked out of the role. Once you disable everyone. Account doesn’t work, till a character gets enabled. They’re so confidant they can tell who’s smurfing. Prove it.