Smurf problem in low plat

& as much as the say they are against boosting, they arent.
boosters make bliss more money.
hence why they accept it & have a soft stance

1 Like

Smurf accounts don’t make Blizz money on consoles as they’re free to make on there.

someone better than me in the game destoryed me or in this case carried me.
BLIZZARD FIX YOUR GAME :baby: RAGE

3 Likes

No dude that is not the point all i want is a fait match. Is thar to much to ask

So a player who had a bout of bad games drops into a lower tier. By your definition that’s cheating?
it’s simply not. it’s simply another player in the game playing by the same rules.

That would be unbalanced, but still within the rules.
It’s not like the NBA star paid off the referee to ignore all his fouls etc. That, would be cheating.

you might wanna work on your definition a little more. It’s poor taste for someone to artifically mask their actual SR (by throwing) so they can stomp in lower elo games, but there’s no cheating involved.

You aren’t dropping from masters to platinum because you “had a bout of bad games”. Can a mid to low diamond player drop to high platinum? Maybe, but then again, a high platinum player is only a couple wins from being low diamond anyway. The skill gap isn’t going to be a lot.

However, when we have platinum-top 500 players in bronze and silver tiers, it’s simply unfair.

What’s the difference between a top 500 player throwing games to reach gold or lower, and them buying a new account and playing at gold-ish games? The amount of games the ruin dropping will be roughly the same as the games they ruin climbing up. Only difference is, you add in another set of “climbing up” games. These games aren’t going to be fun or fair for the people having to deal with this person.

The basic definition of smurfing is for a higher ranked player to play against lower ranked players. It doesn’t matter if they intentionally lost games in order to get there or if they buy an account to get there. Either way, they have an unfair advantage, which means they have removed fair play from the game. Removing fair play from the game is basically the definition of cheating.

Really? The rules state that LeBron James can go to college and join a team to play for the NCAA Championship?

Again, you might want to actually check out the definition of cheating, and the definition of unfair advantage.

Define “Alternate account” and “Smurf”, and specify their differences please.

If no rules are broken (e.g. any age restrictions) then yes. It would still be within the rules.
In the case of Overwatch, cheating usually involves the use of 3rd party softwares or hacks to gain an unfair advantage over your opponents, which goes against the rules. Being a better player doesn’t involve cheating though.

Please make your case why this is “Cheating” and back it up with more than just a filmsy interpretation. Otherwise we’re never going to get anywhere in this discussion.

I edited my post to correct a word. I typed “cheat” while meaning “check”. (Sometimes my typing can’t keep up with my thoughts.)

As I tried to say before, and corrected to say, check out the definition for cheating. You’ll find that my idea is more than just a “flimsy interpretation” of the meaning. From my perspective, we’ll never get anywhere in this discussion. Not because we disagree, but because you and others try to find loopholes and gray areas to reside in.

No worries. I got your meaning despite the typo.

You’re free to make your own assumption about my character, but lets first get some things out of the way.

Is smurfing (artificially keeping SR low to stomp games) dishonourable? Yes.

Does this sort of behaviour ruin gaming experience? Yes.

Is it cheating? You are gonna have to make a good case for it, because the blizzard end licence definition of cheating (the only one that matters in this case) does not outlaw that practice. Nor can they because there isn’t a definitive way to check for intent which would serve as the main point for persecution.

My gripe comes when you classify it as something it is not, as it hinders the resolution of this issue. The solution, which involves increasing the SR gain rate for these individuals to accelerate their exit from these lower ranks.

For simplicity sake, i have pasted the relevant portion below for you to make your case. It’s up to you whether you want to or not because i also find it tiring dealing with people who spew claims without backing evidence.

" Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:

1. cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard, influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;
  2. bots; i.e. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that allows the automated control of a Game, or any other feature of the Platform, e.g. the automated control of a character in a Game;
  3. hacks; i.e. accessing or modifying the software of the Platform in any manner not expressly authorized by Blizzard; and/or
  4. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality;"
1 Like

I didn’t choose to classify anything. I let the definition of the word do that. Whether or not Blizzard chooses to make it against the rules in their game doesn’t change the definition of the word cheating. Blizzard’s refusal to include it in their rules doesn’t mean it’s not cheating. It means they are willing to accept and allow it to happen.

I said it to the previous guy, but I’ll pose the same question to you too.

Please make your case why this is “Cheating” and back it up with more than just a filmsy interpretation. Otherwise we’re never going to get anywhere in this discussion.

The burden of proof to clarify the link is on you buddy.
Failing which, hate to say it but you got no case.

It’s not my definition. It’s Blizzard’s.

And, as I’ve said before, there’s not much difference between, say, platinum and gold.

There’s a world of difference between gold and master.

It’s an unfair advantage, and Blizzard says that’s cheating.

Again, not my definition. It’s Blizzard’s.

The in-game reporting system, however, does define it as cheating seeing as it falls under the definition of “unfair advantage”.

You cannot quote just one rule definition and ignore another because it doesn’t support the stance you’re trying to take.

I’m actually starting to think you might be right. I’m going to start reporting everyone that has played one minute longer than I have. They have an unfair advantage. They are cheaters. I’m starting to like this cheating report button.

2 Likes

Being facetious isn’t helping any.

Smurfing isn’t an issue. Throwing,griefing,boosting is the real problem. A high rated player that placed in a lower tier will climb out fairly quickly. The only way they can maintain a lower SR is by THROWING.

1 Like

Hi, in case you missed it. The blizzard definition is here. And in no way, did they suggest that being a better player is an unfair advantage.

This is the most r*tarded conclusion that people make. Being better is not an unfair advantage. Being a higher rank in a lower rank “smurfing”, isn´t either, since they have no way of choosing their rank, they have to climb like everyone else.

Stop making stupid conclusion, that make you feel like you are the biggest person in the world. You are basically just showcasing your inability to read and understand. Blizzard officially said, that “Alt accounts” are not a ban able offense. End of story.

1 Like

That’s not the only definition from Blizzard. They also provide one in game, which specifically says that cheating is anything that gives an unfair advantage.

Why are you continuing to ignore that particular statement from Blizzard?

A high rank player in a low rank game is far more than a simple case of just being a better player. Of course a Master player is better than Gold players. The issue is that the Master player should not be playing in Gold matches because it’s cheating as per the reporting system, but thanks to smurfing they can and do.

No, being better is not an unfair advantage.

Being better because you’re a Master player playing on a Gold account is absolutely an unfair advantage.

Toxic much?

Link?