Small Mercy buffs

Oh you mean you want her to be op again

2 Likes

There are definitely some places where I’d tweak Mercy a bit, but Rez isn’t one of them. Rez is perfect the way it is. I would only ask for an insta-Rez on Valk if Valk’s duration was significantly shorter (which is actually something I’d consider in exchange for various other tweaks to the ult).

What one might consider fine, if it’s a genuine opinion and not one mostly biased on something like fear of Mercy being overpowered again like she was at the start of her terrible rework, where others might not consider it fine, is somewhat subjective. However, there’s plenty of points around on the forum to suggest that her abilities still need looking at, as well as ‘on fire’ being well below average which suggests her individual impact is pretty below par compared to other main healers in the game.

I wouldn’t say she needs buffs, personally, however I would say that her abilities or kit in general needs a bit of a re-think. Resurrect is a pretty powerful ability, for a standard unearned ability, so much that it has to pretty much self-stun Mercy for nearly two seconds in a generally fast paced match and can also make the ability fairly suicidal to use. Honestly I don’t feel it fits in Mercy’s kit at this time, it either needs to be replaced or somehow moved back to an earned ability with some risk to it (e.g. if you die you lose any charge you gained on it). Then we could look at lifting some of the restrictions on it, such as cast time reduction and/or ability to use pistol/heal/damage boost while casting.

2 Likes

No.
Mercy player here. Rez should ALWAYS have a cast time. Once you bring back instant-rez, it throws her kit balance out of the window, even if it’s only in ult.

I’d be way happier with a second charge during Valk again, or some sort of minor cooldown reduction.

2 Likes

Remove the slow you receive while reviving (both in and out of Valkyrie) and I would genuinely be fine with her current state

I agree that Mercy does need some… honestly I’d say power shifts rather than buffs.

However those two buffs aren’t particularly good. The first one won’t help much. The second one is incredibly unlikely to happen. I’m pretty sure the Devs do not want most of Valkyrie’s power to come from how it effects Resurrect.

What I’d rather she got was something like this.

Because she isn’t.

Take Mccree for instance.

So, they decide to rework him, and put single target deadeye as an ‘e’ ability with a lowish cooldown on him, and an ult which lets him roll around the map as much as he likes.

The problem is now he is WAY too strong. So they nerf his gun and flashbang to near uselessness until he is about right for win rates.

His win rates are fine because deadeye as a cooldown ability is crazy strong, but, he goes from one of the most picked heroes (due to his game play) to a shadow of his former self, because they WERE playing him for his gunplay, which is now bad.

That would be bad right? People would say they ruined the hero, and ask for the old McCree back, but here is the kicker, his win rates are ok…

So would you dismiss them so quickly?

5 Likes

Buff the heal/s of Valk and trade the rez for something useful who don’t need a dead body.
That all I ever ask.

This thread wont get the feedback you want OP. People fear Mercy op like the boogeyman for kids. Any talk of rez being modified to be better will be shot down, same with hps increase. Let’s just see what the devs will do. this forum is too toxic for constructive mercy talks, because everyone’s opinion is more important and invalidates everyone else.

4 Likes

oh you mean bein toxic x3

1 Like

Cooldown time you mean?

She also had 2 insta rezzes back then

I think what would be nice is if during her ult she could instantly use the ability and move around after and have the rezzed person be guarenteed to be rezzed, but the person being rezzed would take a couple seconds before actually spawning in again

I think people don’t realize that half of her kit is barely used (pistol, damage boost). That’s why I suggested a small buff to her pistol. I think her damage boost needs a rework as well but I have no suggestions.

2 Likes

Mercy could stand to use some buffs.

Better nerf Brig /s.

Half of her kit is barely used because now it takes more time to heal, so yeah…
The only buff i want is a buff to Valk: main beam with higher hps than chains. This could increase a value of Valk.

3 Likes

Give us the same thing with the damage-boost beam (primary target gets a big boost, chained targets get smaller boosts), and reduce the duration of the ult so that it’s more powerful and more dynamic, rather than being long and fairly non-interactive. Beyond that, I don’t really think there’s anything she needs.
Maybe a buff to her base healing from 50 to 55, but I think I’d be satisfied if we just got this Valk change

This all sounds fine. Would be good changes for her

“Small” Mercy buffs.

1 Like

Wait, where’d you hear about the devs’ plans? :o